RDA Yet Another Suggestion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanore

Aug 10, 2014
USA
The long and short of this is that I would like suggestions for my next RDA purchase. I can spend 60$ USD at most, and this purchase will become my primary RDA.

A bit of a longer version:

About 9 months ago I decided to make the switch from ego batteries and tanks to a mod and rda system. Love it. Never looking back. The RDA I bought was a cheap Helios Clone. I bought it because it looked simple, basic, and it was cheap enough that if I broke it I wouldn't be crying about the cost. It was just something to learn about RDAs with since I'd never owned one myself.

Now after 9 months I've drilled out the air holes and ground out a very small juice well, but in the process ended up breaking it slightly. I can no longer adjust the airflow, and am stuck in dual coil mode. This is tolerable but annoying and so I'm finally replacing it.

For the type of vaper I am, well I like flavor and clouds. Clouds are less important to me, but something seems missing without a decent amount of them.

My main problem is there are thousands of different RDAs I can find with varying levels of reputation, reviews, and customer satisfaction. I unfortunately don't have the luxury of going to a vape shop to see/inspect a product by hand.

I'm looking at two different RDAs at the moment, the Freakshow, and the Twisted Messes RDA. The Freakshow seems like a good flavor RDA with decent airflow. The Twisted Messes RDA I was skeptical about (seemed like a meme RDA) but honestly just seems like a very upgrade version of the Helios. (Basic 4 post RDA. Just a big drip well, big air flow, ect. )

I'm not opposed to clones, since I am poor anyway, but do prefer authentic. ( The only reason I haven't considered a cloned plumeveil or some other wildly popular but otherwise expensive RDA is that there are so many mixed reviews and horror stories. )

Anyways, to wrap this up, I'd love to hear suggestions and opinions from real people before I commit, since I am stuck with whatever I buy for a good amount of time. Thank you all, and sorry to bother.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
I have a freakshow mini and absolutely love it for what it is, but if you're going for clouds I might suggest you go with the Pineapple aka N23, it's been my workhorse ever since I got it and puts the mutation x v2 to shame in terms of flavor production and airflow. Even though it has way more massive airflow its the best of both worlds.
All though, if you have your heart set on only one of the two I would highly recommend the freakshow as it's one of the best flavor atties I've tried, granted you wont be able to build much lower than a .2 on it without getting a scorching hot vape.

Lanore

Aug 10, 2014
USA
I have a freakshow mini and absolutely love it for what it is, but if you're going for clouds I might suggest you go with the Pineapple aka N23, it's been my workhorse ever since I got it and puts the mutation x v2 to shame in terms of flavor production and airflow. Even though it has way more massive airflow its the best of both worlds.
All though, if you have your heart set on only one of the two I would highly recommend the freakshow as it's one of the best flavor atties I've tried, granted you wont be able to build much lower than a .2 on it without getting a scorching hot vape.

Looking into the pineapple as it looks interesting. I'm worried there would be nearly no flavor with that much airflow. Seems like a cloud competition atty.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Have had both the Freakshow and the Twisted Messes (which is an offshoot of and slight improvement on the El Cabron that I also own).
I still own the Twisted Messes and rock it daily mounted to my Chairside Mod.
I sold the Freakshow. Good Flavor and Vapor but not as good as the Twisted Messes. Also, not as easy or varied to build on and it was AWFUL about leaking badly from the Air Channels.

So for me from extensive 1st-hand experience with both, Hands-down No-Brainer: The Twisted Messes RDA wins by a wide Margin.

FYI,,, CompVape, the Producers of the Twisted Messes and the El Cabron just came out with a new one; The 13 Heavens and 9 Hells RDA.
Got mine yesterday and actually prefer it over both the others. Before you spend the Cash, you might want to recon that one as well.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Looking into the pineapple as it looks interesting. I'm worried there would be nearly no flavor with that much airflow. Seems like a cloud competition atty.
That's what i thought too, but those airflow holes milled into the deck really help out in the flavor department. Like i said it's got the best flavor production out of any of the massive airflow atties I've tried to date.

Lanore

Aug 10, 2014
USA
Have had both the Freakshow and the Twisted Messes (which is an offshoot of and slight improvement on the El Cabron that I also own).
I still own the Twisted Messes and rock it daily mounted to my Chairside Mod.
I sold the Freakshow. Good Flavor and Vapor but not as good as the Twisted Messes. Also, not as easy or varied to build on and it was AWFUL about leaking badly from the Air Channels.

So for me from extensive 1st-hand experience with both, Hands-down No-Brainer: The Twisted Messes RDA wins by a wide Margin.

FYI,,, CompVape, the Producers of the Twisted Messes and the El Cabron just came out with a new one; The 13 Heavens and 9 Hells RDA.
Got mine yesterday and actually prefer it over both the others. Before you spend the Cash, you might want to recon that one as well.

You know that was pretty much the debate for me. The Freakshow goes the different design route, and has had great reviews. Meanwhile the twisted messes just seems to do basics really well. It's one of the reasons I considered it. Looking at the 13/9 RDA you mentioned, I have to admit it looks impressive, but I have a hard time seeing the difference between it and the twisted messes. ( 0.2mm extra on the post holes? ) . It otherwise looks a bit like they are the same, with different aesthetics. At least from the pics/descriptions I see.

But thanks a lot man. With the feedback I've gotten here I think I've made my decision, I just gotta mull it over a little bit more.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Agreed. I have both for the differences in Aesthetics only. The rest is negligible which is good as they both have the build and Design Attributes that damn near are ideal (IMO).
I actually prefer the lower heat-sinks on the El Cabron Deck more but the Deck & Posts on the Twisted and the 13/9 are superior to the Cabron.
Either of the 3 over the Freakshow is, as said previously, an easy judgment and decision as well.
Know you will be happy with any of the CompVape RDAs as I am and have come to expect from them.
All the best to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread