Status
Not open for further replies.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Got the mod in the mail and after 1/2 of day of use. I must say that I like it very much and have paid 300.00 for a squonker that dosnt even compare to this one.

510 isnt crooked and the body is flawles with no gaps around the doors. The 510 is adjustible from the top.

The DNA75 performs nicely and puts out power almost instantly with no delay.
The only bone i have to pick is with the positive insulator. I dont understand why they chose derlin over peek. Also the satin finishs plates on the sides of the mod could've gotten a better coating but its not a deal breaker. The engravings are nice and deep with no imperfections as far as i can see. The squonker bottle is super soft and sqonks almost effortlessly.
As far as my opinion goes its a good buy for under 100.00 bucks.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Got my clone yesterday. The build quality is fine. Bottles are super soft, but all I have is this and a Frankenskull clone, so nothing else to compare to unfortunately.

Uses a DNA75 chip as the listing says. I've already connected to Escribe and played around with some settings to test.

510 is adjustable but a bit finicky. My Hadaly doesn't connect with the mod pin screwed all the way down. Raising it by a half turn or more works, but sometimes it's just a half turn, sometimes a bit more. Once the connection is made though, it stays connected so that's something. Also, mine seems to be a bit lopsided so my atty doesn't sit quite flush or even as you can see in the last picture.

If anyone wants more details or pictures, let me know and I'll do my best to provide what I can.

IMG_2999_zpswvwterby.jpg

IMG_3001_zpsfcjdamlr.jpg

IMG_3003_zpscnytc05t.jpg

IMG_3005_zpsz5wmyjoi.jpg

Nice. Can you tell if the face plate is aluminum? Bare or anodized?

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
For all that might be having problems adjusting 510 connector for the atty to sit flush..
You can remove the first part of the positive pin and then adjust and tighten the secound part of the positive clockwise with a flat head screwdriver. "Its a two part positive pin"
Be mindful that there's a nut with the positive wire connected to it. Dont loosen just tighten to the right. Doing this will give you a lil more space.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Mine sits fine, just adjust the positive pin and tighten down. I think its just that one mod that got through QC....

If others are crooked please post so we know what supplier is putting those boxes out....

that's awesome. ordered on this morning and have a hadaly on its way :) can't wait, bin wanting a squonk mod for a couple years now!

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
First i will like to say that its a process removing the panels without damaging the box.

I gently started going around the box with my thumbs fingernail gently pushing upward as i went around the box... I probably could've used a phone pry tool but I chose to take my time because I didnt know how thick the plate was and didnt want to risk bending it....It turned out to be thick and it wont bend.

You have to be careful not to damage the screens flex cable if using anything to lift the plate. The screen is connect to the inside of the plate. just like a phone you have to be careful when lifting and disconnecting the flex cable.

Prepping is just removing all the old glue with a plastic scraper or your fingernail nail like i do. After removing the glue you must clean the oils off the plate using 99% alcohol or anything simular and let dry befor paiting.

As for the paint i use rustolium "indoor and outdoor" paint....

Reactions: PutaqPariu

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
First i will like to say that its a process removing the panels without damaging the box.

I gently started going around the box with my thumbs fingernail gently pushing upward as i went around the box... I probably could've used a phone pry tool but I chose to take my time because I didnt know how thick the plate was and didnt want to risk bending it....It turned out to be thick and it wont bend.

You have to be careful not to damage the screens flex cable if using anything to lift the plate. The screen is connect to the inside of the plate. just like a phone you have to be careful when lifting and disconnecting the flex cable.

Prepping is just removing all the old glue with a plastic scraper or your fingernail nail like i do. After removing the glue you must clean the oils off the plate using 99% alcohol or anything simular and let dry befor paiting.

As for the paint i use rustolium "indoor and outdoor" paint....

Much much better...really digging the blue screen with the black!
1c72c9b95e2ff63ff6a631d298c8f722.jpg

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
Preping for black flat paint job....
68fa24bb35d26056e6f9fd3b6e51fea8.jpg
e2dc239e6151814c8c24e8626355acba.jpg

Nice one. Would love to do it for mine as well.

Seems like really strong glue under them. I think u did a really awesome job managing to scrap the glue off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread