YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well I reinstalled firmware version 4.0, and the clock is still doing 1 second, 1 second, then 2 seconds.
I upgraded to version 4.3 again, and still the same :/. I guess I'll report to Yihi to see what they have to say. I could live without the clock as long as the chipset is good, but I am beginning to lose faith.

Reactions: xXxelis_prxXx

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
Well I reinstalled firmware version 4.0, and the clock is still doing 1 second, 1 second, then 2 seconds.
I upgraded to version 4.3 again, and still the same :/. I guess I'll report to Yihi to see what they have to say. I could live without the clock as long as the chipset is good, but I am beginning to lose faith.
at least you won't be late for a date

Reactions: RANGERmsr

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The clock in the locked screen. I don't see a clock in operation mode?
There are two modes in locked screen. One 'analog' display, and one digital. The digital doesn't show seconds, but the analog has a second hand like a watch. It's the analog second hand display that jumps ahead a complete second

I replaced the vid with a better one :)

Last edited:

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
The clock in the locked screen. I don't see a clock in operation mode?
There are two modes in locked screen. One 'analog' display, and one digital. The digital doesn't show seconds, but the analog has a second hand like a watch. It's the analog second hand display that jumps ahead a complete second

I replaced the vid with a better one :)

well that sucks. I am sure they will replace it, they did on the paint issues on the m anyway. but I think I would wait until they start hitting the stores for awhile. other wise it might be a long wait without one.

Reactions: RANGERmsr

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I already contacted the store I bought it from, and got a reply. They said it will be a couple weeks before they get stock, but they would be glad to replace it. Of course I have to fill out the warranty card, do a vid, etc lol. It could be something that could be worked out with software? It sure would be nice if all involved didn't have to go that way if unnecessary.

I plan to contact Yihi first to see if they may have a work around.I've been lucky with most of my electronic purchases. I guess I'm due :)

Aside from the issue the device works great. It's comfortable in the hand, and relatively light compared to other double batt mods I've used. The TC seems smoother than others I've tried. No regrets aside from the obvious :)

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Too big for me with a atty on top to put in my pocket, if it ever does leave the house with me it comes out in the cremedevape bags they give away with new mods, mostly the only time I will take it out is when I'm driving and it can sit on the passenger seat. That being said I said exactly the same with my dicodes no6 and once shiny thing syndrome wore off I became far less protective of it and it never got damaged or scratched.
Yeah, but the dicodes mods are extremely sturdy compared to this, my gf's Dani box she lets it rattle around in the cup holder on her way to work, still looks fine.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yeah, but the dicodes mods are extremely sturdy compared to this, my gf's Dani box she lets it rattle around in the cup holder on her way to work, still looks fine.
Ya, this. I have a lot of Dicodes, In The Beginning, I was never gonna take the #6 out with me, these days it's also rattling around in Jeep's cup-holder as I drive. I was gonna order a case/leather wrap for it about 15 times, but it's always hurry up and wait in endless private facebook groups; I was gonna order some cup-holder that fit the #6, but never got around to it either, and TBH I've done pretty much nothing, it gets treated with not the greatest care, and nothing bad has ever happened to it, despite being dropped a bunch of times (hello, gravity, meet Heavy metaL. BoOM cr4SH). The bottom laser-etched dicodes Germany is starting to fade across the top of the font a little bit from coming into contact with my fingers about 50,000 times, but that's about it. Same story with every Dicodes devices I have, Dani box, Dani extreme, etc, etc. They take a lot of abuse and just keep working.

Dicodes 6.JPG

I want to get the G, not so much to use it, but just to collect it; my vaping needs are easily met by 60watts. I'm thinking I'll wait a few months until the G mostly works a little bit better, cuz the reviews and these comments are not super-awesome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread