YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
You really have to force that latch to the locked position. It's easier with an empty rda or RTA that isn't leaky, but some RDTAs (and tanks) love to leak when you have them upside down, and it's not easy for everyone to balance a loaded G class while installing batteries and locking that stiff latch.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Yeah, the latch has to be pushed close, it doesn't just click back automatically. I just did it 3 times in a row though and while not ideal it wasn't hard at all. Maybe I got lucky in that just a soft push back locks the battery door?

As far as turning it upside down you have to with any bottom loading battery compartment. How else are you going to check the polarity to install correctly? I am able to open and close the battery latch while it upside down though with no problems.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
You really have to force that latch to the locked position. It's easier with an empty RDA or RTA that isn't leaky, but some RDTAs (and tanks) love to leak when you have them upside down, and it's not easy for everyone to balance a loaded G class while installing batteries and locking that stiff latch.
I'll record how I do it. Very easy and takes seconds. No need to tip

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Just got the newest model; Blk Leather w/Blk textured Coating. Upon initial inspection it appears to be "thick" and extrapolates to be resilient. Of course, only time in the Field tells the Tale so we shall see and let the Games begin... need a Bane sportin' a Gclass Meme here but,,, no gots ;) although I did see a pic of Tom Hardy seemingly tootin' on a Mini-G on the Brotherhood FB Page.

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
SXmG arrived yesterday while at work and got home late and tired so waited till this a.m. to light the Fires and kick the Tires...
After loading with 2 fresh LG HG2's and attaching a VA Kraken v2 with Ti-built RDA (@ 0.3 ohm yield) I lit 'er up. Did about a 15-20 min perusal, navigating thru, and tinkering with the Menu System, choosing a Wallpaper and Font, setting Date/Time, detecting and locking in the Resistance (simple thanks to the earlier Post instruction) at 0.30, I set it on Ti TC @ 18.8 Joule/Watt and 488* F.
It just may be Love at 1st Vape. Although quite early on in Ownership and usage, I gotta say this thing is pretty damned Awesome. Definitely more steady, predictable, and pleasing than my old original SXmini. It is producing great Vapor Mass, as expected Warmth, and tasty Flavor. That's all without getting into the Setting tweaks and minutia as of yet. Once that all dialed-in, this thing will undoubtedly be truly amazing.
Anyways, agree with others that although I personally like the Battery Door and Lock/Latch Assembly Design and especially like the tautness/snugness/stiffness of the Springs and Hinge (much prefer to tight to springy/light at it's infancy) it is a tad "fumbly" and will require some dialing in of the Open-Load-Close Routine to get down pat. I don;t considerate a "Con"... Just a different kinda "Hurdle" (that ALL Devices have. Some a few/little-Some a Plethora/Overabundance).
Also, although it pains me to admit, YiHi does indeed need to add a Black colored Font to the choices and the Menu Bar colors need to be plain-up White with Black outline and Font. As-is, is somewhat of a chore for the "Ocularly-challenged". Not colorblind but have had Retinal issues, detachments-reattachments, and subsequent IOL surgery. It is not a deal-breaker or incessant Whine-baggery cause but would be more preferable & pleasing if was more "black & white" Option available.

Now to dive into the M1-5 & Config Settings to get tweaked in. Overall, Diggin' the SXmG a TON and looking forward to finishing the Acquaintance Process and then settling in for a long-term pleasing Relationship.

Also FYI: In case anyone looking for or interested in finding a Holster Unit that works awesome with the SXmG, see 2nd Pic. I got this from Vapin' Art awhile back initially for a Snow Wolf Mod. It is soft, nice non-marring or damaging Lining, and holds the SXmG taut yet does not put over-pressure (doesn't depress) on the Fire button or the Joystick. The Sizing (Body Height, Width, and elastic-held Depth) is as about as "made-to-fit as can probably be found short of a Custom-made. Has a nice "Weapon Holster style" Belt-clip as well.

SXmG n Kraken v2.jpg
SXmG n Holster.jpg

Last edited:

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Anyone tried to set up C1-C5 and then Upload to SXmG yet? I setup all 5 and saved to Computer, then clicked the Upload to Device Button. But, it didn't seem to actually put them on the G.
Anyone else attempt this and do so successfully?

P.s. Gonna download the Beta Android App, connect via Bluetooth, then see if this can be accomplished thru the App and sync the Configs to the Mod...
Off to crash the Server so to speak.... :D

Last edited:

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Figured out the Config 1-5 Settings Process.... just do it on the Mod :D
It remembers last set of individual Settings including diff Wallpaper and Brightness levels for each of the 5 pre-set Configs. Little time consuming that way but,,, it works.
Downloaded Android Beta App. It connects and communicates fine but is a tad wonky on the initial foray into and with it. Maybe grow on me with subsequent trifflings and getting more used to it. Only so much one can do while at work with the Boss lurking around and Clients interrupting and such.... ;)

Now for those "M" Settings. I assume those are each pre-Sets for Joules/Watts/Power levels. I assume you can change them in a similar manner as the Config 1-5. But, ya must have to do that from the Main Screen in quick-Nav mode using the Joystick (Track-Ball) and scrolling thru.

Little help 'bout that there would be appreciated....

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Ok, here's my questions.
How do you like the fire button placement?
How do you like the 'light up' logo?
How do you like the battery door? Any problems with the 30Q fitting/closing?
1) love the button placement. never even think about it. it's comfortable
2) love the light up logo but i'm a nerd who likes light up stuff LMAO
3) love the battery door. easy to open and close. sits flush. have used 30q, HG2, VTC5a and Hb6 batts in it with no issues.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
You really have to force that latch to the locked position. It's easier with an empty RDA or RTA that isn't leaky, but some RDTAs (and tanks) love to leak when you have them upside down, and it's not easy for everyone to balance a loaded G class while installing batteries and locking that stiff latch.
sound
Figured out the Config 1-5 Settings Process.... just do it on the Mod :D
It remembers last set of individual Settings including diff Wallpaper and Brightness levels for each of the 5 pre-set Configs. Little time consuming that way but,,, it works.
Downloaded Android Beta App. It connects and communicates fine but is a tad wonky on the initial foray into and with it. Maybe grow on me with subsequent trifflings and getting more used to it. Only so much one can do while at work with the Boss lurking around and Clients interrupting and such.... ;)

Now for those "M" Settings. I assume those are each pre-Sets for Joules/Watts/Power levels. I assume you can change them in a similar manner as the Config 1-5. But, ya must have to do that from the Main Screen in quick-Nav mode using the Joystick (Track-Ball) and scrolling thru.

Little help 'bout that there would be appreciated....
youtube will probably be your best friend today. Daniel probably has the most informative at this time. DJLsb

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Thanks again. I was over-thinking the mission.
First, you have to set Wattage as the Main/Primary Variable in Big Font-Center Screen which puts the SXmG in "Power Mode" (imagine that huh...).
Then, push Track-Ball left to highlight the "M" Pre-set. Then adjust the Wattage to desired power/number/level and click Fire Button. The Mod then remembers and locks-in that new Wattage level as the new value for the "M" Setting vdisplayed.
Then push Joystick/Track-Ball left and immediately left again to cycle to the next M setting and likewise (as above) adjust to desired level and Fire to lock in.
Repeat for all M memory settings 1-5 and Viola.
Simple as Pie.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Ok, here's my questions.
How do you like the fire button placement?
How do you like the 'light up' logo?
How do you like the battery door? Any problems with the 30Q fitting/closing?
The fire button takes a little getting use to. At first I was using my index finger but then my other fingers tend to get close or touch the screen leading me to clean it off. I now fire with my thumb, I don't have a problem with it but it is a little akward when your use to other mods.

Never really notice the light up logo unless I am in the dark, usually my palm is covering up anyway. Would be nice if they offered an option to turn it off. It is probably not possible but if there was a way to change the color that would be slick.

You do have to push back the latch to close then push it in to lock it. It would be nice if you could just swing it shut and the latch would retract and lock on it's own.
Getting batteries in and out is a breaze compared to other mods though. My Finder 167 and Triade DNA 250 have those damn raised sections around the positive terminal to protect against reverse polarity. There is always one battery that is a pain to get in and out so you don't rip the wrap on your battery. Really dumb too since the DNA250 has reverse battery protection so those stupid things aren't needed anymore.

All in all it is a great mod though

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
The fire button takes a little getting use to. At first I was using my index finger but then my other fingers tend to get close or touch the screen leading me to clean it off. I now fire with my thumb, I don't have a problem with it but it is a little akward when your use to other mods.

Never really notice the light up logo unless I am in the dark, usually my palm is covering up anyway. Would be nice if they offered an option to turn it off. It is probably not possible but if there was a way to change the color that would be slick.

You do have to push back the latch to close then push it in to lock it. It would be nice if you could just swing it shut and the latch would retract and lock on it's own.
Getting batteries in and out is a breaze compared to other mods though. My Finder 167 and Triade DNA 250 have those damn raised sections around the positive terminal to protect against reverse polarity. There is always one battery that is a pain to get in and out so you don't rip the wrap on your battery. Really dumb too since the DNA250 has reverse battery protection so those stupid things aren't needed anymore.

cellophane paper slid in between light and plate could change colors

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts

Thanks! Mine will arrive Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread