Not open for further replies.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
It's not just you though and it's not just in this thread either, it's strange to me bc I treat my vape pens the same way I would treat a refrigerator, or toaster, it's a tool. I don't get butthurt when somebody points out obvious flaws w/ them rather I usually agree & I tried very hard to like this mod.

When I do start to care about is when I spend $200+ on something & it is a rattlesnaking pos, and especially when the cs is rude, wants to make me waste my time ship things back/forth and then abruptly stop helping me which forces me to fix it myself.

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
ok, you are being a fool now, and twisting my words. No need for that, muted.

Refuses to read somebody else's long post, then posts a novel seconds later... good riddance, I'm not trained in psychotherapy.

I wish there had been something other than glowing reviews in this thread when I bought mine, it doesn't help anyone. knowing what I know now I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShowerHead

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I prefer yihi to DNA, this is the first time i have tried yihi in 3.5 years of vaping, you prefer dna.. good, get over it. Sell your yihi and move on. For some reason, people accused of being fanboys get criticised, but those bashing a developer get annoyed in return when they are criticised. it's a two way street and i hope you do think about that.

I hope your device gets sorted, sincerely, so you can sell it functioning correctly, and move on.. hopefully to buy another DNA with the money!
Cheers

Yep, I sold my Yihi and moved on as I prefer DNA..... funny how Yihi folks here blast the DNA devices with what they say are less than adequate 510 connectors.... Evolv provides the boards and the device makers design the device and install the components (including the 510 connectors)...

All my DNA's have the best 510 connector available.... that being a 510 connector made by Evolv.. specifically designed for temperature control boards up to 200 watts....

Evolv 510 Connector

Last edited:
Reactions: ShowerHead

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Refuses to read somebody else's long post, then posts a novel seconds later... good riddance, I'm not trained in psychotherapy.

I wish there had been something other than glowing reviews in this thread when I bought mine, it doesn't help anyone. knowing what I know now I probably wouldn't have bought it.

It is good to have opposing opinions so people can make an informed choice. That said maybe there wasn't too many critical reviews because not many had the same troubles you have had.

It definitely sounds like you got a defective device, sorry but I did not get the same.

Please realize that not everyone has the same experience, just because it happened to you does not mean we are all effed.

You have made your point clear, please drop it now, is that too much to ask?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Yep, I sold my Yihi and moved on as I prefer DNA..... funny how Yihi folks here blast the DNA devices with what they say are less than adequate 510 connectors.... Evolv provides the boards and the device makers design the device and install the components (including the 510 connectors)...

All my DNA's have the best 510 connector available.... that being a 510 connector made by Evolv.. specifically designed for temperature control boards up to 200 watts....

Evolv 510 Connector
Now that is a real nice 510, I wish all dna mods came with that.

I like my DNA'S aside from the 75 version, the amp limit is annoying and efficiency does not compare to the 200/250 versions. Even still I use my 3 DNA75 mods, I just build an appropriate coil for them and I am good.

I do prefer my G Class over my Triade DNA250 and Finder 167 though. For me it is easier to navigate with just my thumb. Provides just as good TC as long as I keep my joules at an appropriate setting to negate rattlesnaking. And the preheat settings are a godsend when in power mode, the DNA lacks this. Sure you can setup a kanthal preheat mode by tricking the DNA in escribe but it is just not as effective.

I will say I preferred my Finder 167 over my Q Mini though. I was just not impressed with that mod but at least I could sell it and nearly get my money back. I do still enjoy using my Boxer and Revenant mods with the old SX350J chip.

It is all preference people and other people aren't dumb because they enjoy something different.

Reactions: Hyperspace

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
It is all preference people and other people aren't dumb because they enjoy something different.

Exactly.
The only time I get a case of the .... is when I have owned something, disliked it, and then am told 'That's the greatest vaping innovation ever and {fill in blank} really sucks because it does/doesn't do {whatever they think}

Most are ok, if a bit touchy about their favorite gear. Me too. It's people who want you to validate their choice then get nasty when you don't that are truly annoying.

You know, when I started vaping, this was the place to go for actual info from knowledgeable vapers. It's becoming less that.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
It is good to have opposing opinions so people can make an informed choice. That said maybe there wasn't too many critical reviews because not many had the same troubles you have had.

It definitely sounds like you got a defective device, sorry but I did not get the same.

Please realize that not everyone has the same experience, just because it happened to you does not mean we are all effed.

You have made your point clear, please drop it now, is that too much to ask?

I wasn't talking about problems I had with my specific device, it's issues I have with how it's made & how it works in general... the main ones being that I don't like the outdated way it does TC, I was led to believe that the enclosure was SS, and that rattlesnaking was no more. The last thing is partly true as it only does in TC, but unfortunately I only use TC.

Whether or not there's something wrong with my board Idk, if there is I can't find it but the Bluetooth thing has since fixed itself after I took it apart and resoldered a loose connection. tbh I probably should have paid better attention to the others who didn't like it, but I thought at the time the board held promise for future firmware updates.

I don't think anyone here is dumb, especially not bc of something so silly as to what vape pen they like. Besides, if someone is dumb, it will eventually show itself anyway, without my help. everybody is different and like different things, about which I couldn't possibly care any less... but when someone decide to get all butthurt and start being rude and a smartass, especially over something silly like this, then i get to be rude and a smartass right back. After all, isn't that what the interwebs are for?

Evolv 510 Connector

that is the one I was talking about, nothing else I've seen comes even close and I've taken apart a lot of mods... In fact when you consider how TC works, a lot of them are what I'd consider inadequate and probably the source of a lot of TC problems. when combined with nice, thick guage wire that's the best 510 connector there is for TC, hands down.

Last edited:

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Looks like some new colors are coming soon.

upload_2017-5-23_23-10-15.jpeg

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
read my reply to him now.. no blinders on.. just personal experience.. i am accepting his has been bad, truly, and feel sorry for him.. perhaps now if he'll accept that my DNA devices are not all faulty and my yihi simply has better atomiser conductivity........ but i digress....;)

Wrong guy, I never said anything about atomizer conductivity on the DNA boards.

The very definition of rude, defensive, doucheyness

|
|
\/

You simply seem unable to accept my experience and findings, and then get upset when in return I don't accept yours..

I think you'd do best to mute me in that case, as I won't change.. If i was a totally you know what, different story, i'd re evaluate and temper myself. But in fact, it is YOUR post right here that is the defensive one ;)

you took a second hand mod apart.. this does not mean yihi are douches, this means you have voided your warranty and they are doing nothing wrong by denying it.

ph yeah, all THREE of my DNA's have bad 510's.. Right.

NOT.

and sometimes I wonder if people complain about it cause it's expensive so they try to find more fault with it.

Playful banter my ......

Five quotes from just the last 2 pages. Really, Im not going to get into parsing words, These are douche comments to make. They are rude and insult the intelligence of the person you are speaking to.

I dont block people because I, believe in free speech. Free speech is a two way street. Im interested in everyones opinion, including yours.

What I am not interested in is talking down to people, which you did on at least 5 occasions just in the last two pages of this thread.

I have very real issues with Yihi and Evolv, I wont go through them again because I already did that.

It is my turn to make one douchebaggery comment. Im sorry that you cant handle the fact that users feel like these devices have so much more potential than is what is being utilized. Im sorry that you feel like we are pooping all over your favourite mod. It is unfortunate that you dont understand there are very real issues that you dont understand. Empathy is a difficult thing to learn and understand.

The potential is there, thank God we have Evolv competing with Yihi to produce a better product because competition is what moves industry forward. Evolv will once again lead the industry with attempting to address the UI, lets hope this puts some pressure on YIHI to do what they promised they were going to do with the G class.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Empathy is a difficult thing to learn and understand.

Hello kettle, this is pot.....................your black.

Just to make myself clear you hate the user interface and I can't remember what else so everyone is supposed to feel the same way? Nobody is saying you have to like it but do we have to constantly hear you whine? If you just want to fight with Vesh then I don't think anyone would complain if you took it to PM. Please respect the rest of us who come here to learn, not hear the same bickering over and over again.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
SXmini G Class V6.600 Upgrade features:

1) Added Wallpaper Customized icon at V2.8.2.9 SXi Setting page, which supports SXmini G Class wallpaper to be customized.

2) Added sport car instrument pane wallpaper(Wallpaper 2) , under S1-S5 mode, it is deep blue; if under Eco, Soft and Standard modes, it turns to light blue; if under powerful and powerful+, it turns to red.

3) Add new clock interface when locked screen, total 3 clock interface now.

4) Improved the unlocked method, show a lock icon when click fire button three times, push down the joystick then unlocked.

5) Support wallpaper customized with APP through Bluetooth. (Only support ios currently)

6) Support font colors selection at fire interface except Wallpaper 1 or 2, upward joystick 5 seconds to select color.

7) Fixed 5.500 charging bug.

8) Fixed the bug that could do part operation when device turn off.

9) Fixed the bug that automatically raised the amount of joule.

10) Fixed the bug where resistance trimming can not quickly reduce resistance.

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
Hello kettle, this is pot.....................your black.

Just to make myself clear you hate the user interface and I can't remember what else so everyone is supposed to feel the same way? Nobody is saying you have to like it but do we have to constantly hear you whine? If you just want to fight with Vesh then I don't think anyone would complain if you took it to PM. Please respect the rest of us who come here to learn, not hear the same bickering over and over again.

Ill continue hoping Yihi gets things sorted, looks like this update didnt do much so we will see what they do with the next one. Guess how much your opinion of me matters to me? Touch the tip of your thumb to the tip of your index finger and fan out the rest of your fingers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread