Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
anyone run into a bug on the SX550j that turns all the text to yellow, and then white while firing? It's inverted lol
The only text that changes color on my screen when firing in wattage mode is the wattage. The rest of the text stays the same. If my screen text is blue or white, the wattage changes to yellow while firing. If my screen text is yellow, the wattage changes to white while firing. I haven't yet used any mode other than wattage.

Reactions: underd0g

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
The only text that changes color on my screen when firing in wattage mode is the wattage. The rest of the text stays the same. If my screen text is blue or white, the wattage changes to yellow while firing. If my screen text is yellow, the wattage changes to white while firing. I haven't yet used any mode other than wattage.

Ok thanks, I think something else is wrong because now the text is all Blue and then Yellow when it fires!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Ok thanks, I think something else is wrong because now the text is all Blue and then Yellow when it fires!
When the screen is on, push and hold the joystick up for about 3 seconds to change the text color.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
do you know how to change the wattage too?
With the screen on, push the joystick straight in, then release. The wattage number will change color. Then, push the joystick up or down to change wattage. If you accidentally press the joystick in more than once, it will cycle with each push through Joules mode, temperature mode, Joules mode again, then back to wattage mode.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yep that's what mine does, I have it set to display temp as the dominant one on the screen but it is the only one to change colors when I fire it. Sure seems to work well with SS in Temp mode. I do like the original screen which gives you a display of how the temp is increasing they others don't show that, they just show set temp and it doesn't change as you fire it, would be pretty cool if the sports car screen showed the gauge moving but it is not animated to do that. In fact none of them except the stock screen does that.

Reactions: oldude 61

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
With the screen on, push the joystick straight in, then release. The wattage number will change color. Then, push the joystick up or down to change wattage. If you accidentally press the joystick in more than once, it will cycle with each push through Joules mode, temperature mode, Joules mode again, then back to wattage mode.
Thats a way to change form Power to TC quickly, when in watts it is in Power when in Joules it is in TC. I push it till it brings up temp then leave it there. You can easily change the temp then with one push when it is red go up or down to change the temp to what you want. Sort of a Temp Dominant like on the dna's

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
do you know how to change the wattage too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want temp control it is only displayed in joules to change it press in on the joystick till joules is displayed then change it anytime it displays wattage you are in power mode. Also and easy way to change from temp to straight power after joules is displayed and set to what you want you can press it again and temp will come up and you can change that to what you want then press the fire button and the temp will remain displayed and it will be in TC mode and you can change temp by pushing the joystick in once and change it when it is at desired setting hit fire button and new temp is set.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
To change the mode from soft to any of the other modes priss the joystick in once move joystick to right once and mode will be displayed in red. Actually you don't have to press the joystick in to do this just click it right quickly from working screen puts you on mode and continue clicking it right to change to what ever you want it will round robin and I don't believe you can go back only forward. When you have the mode you want hit the fire button and it is saved

Reactions: ShowerHead

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Also from the working screen you can click the joystick to the left quickly and continue clickin to left to change from M1-M5. The SXi settings can also be reached from the working screen when you click right and continue it will cycle though the ECo- Powerful Rad then the SXi settings then back to Eco.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I really like this G but if I was to get another I would have to sell a couple of my M's which I have saved. Never been used except for upgrading to the latest FW. I couldn't get any where near what I paid but could probably get at least $140 for the pair with the silicone sleeves. Both Silver on Silver. I would get the Q mini which according to Daniel on djlsbvapes all the testing he did they work exactly the same but with the old screen instead of color.

Reactions: ShowerHead

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Huge shoutout to the company in Melborne Florida, for great service once again
Thats why it is the only place I've ever bought my 9 SX's if you are speaking of Varitube. The best. I don't mind paying a few dollars more for the protection they provide. I've never had to use it but I have seen many who have and they provide service like no other, including all the way through the 1 year warranty and beyond in many cases.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I really like this G but if I was to get another I would have to sell a couple of my M's which I have saved. Never been used except for upgrading to the latest FW. I couldn't get any where near what I paid but could probably get at least $140 for the pair with the silicone sleeves. Both Silver on Silver. I would get the Q mini

2Legs, I agree with you 100%. I bought the G and it just didn't agree with me. Didn't like the fiddly joystick, the software (when I owned it), just felt it wasn't worth the price. I sold it off after receiving a replacement because of bad chip. The second had a wonky battery door. The Q seems to be a great mod without the gimmicks.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Thats why it is the only place I've ever bought my 9 SX's if you are speaking of Varitube. The best. I don't mind paying a few dollars more for the protection they provide. I've never had to use it but I have seen many who have and they provide service like no other, including all the way through the 1 year warranty and beyond in many cases.
I sent an email to Varitube yesterday at 6 pm to inquire about possible repair of my Q Class and haven't yet gotten any answer... so my very first contact with Varitube hasn't led to the quick response I was expecting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread