Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I’ve sometimes waited in lines for this or that longer than 3 hours.
I've been to DMV a few times myself. My point is that with all the great things I'd heard about Varitube I was surprised when an entire business day went by without hearing back from them. At the time I posted, it had been 27 hours since I emailed them.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
maybe try during business hours for better service.
A sensible practice is to look at emails in the order that they were received. I was actually on the FB site before the close of business and the notification said that they were currently online. Then, when I sent a message through FB, I got an automated reply that said the best way to get in touch with them was via email.

I understand that people are very happy with Perry at Varitube and I'm not trying to spoil their happiness. I was just stating that I did not get a response yet to an email I sent at 5:02 pm on Thursday evening. (I know I said it was 6 pm but I was rounding to the next full hour as I knew I didn't send it until after 5 pm.)

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I've been to DMV a few times myself. My point is that with all the great things I'd heard about Varitube I was surprised when an entire business day went by without hearing back from them. At the time I posted, it had been 27 hours since I emailed them.

Sounds like you'd be happier with a local B&M store going forward.
Me? I've been trained by fasttech, Vaporl, and Yihi. If I get ANY answer after any amount of time, I'm happy/surprised.
Well, that's not fair, actually all of them will reply quickly with an inane request then just keep repeating foolishness until I go away.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Sounds like you'd be happier with a local B&M store going forward.
Me? I've been trained by fasttech, Vaporl, and Yihi. If I get ANY answer after any amount of time, I'm happy/surprised.
Well, that's not fair, actually all of them will reply quickly with an inane request then just keep repeating foolishness until I go away.
I've dealt with DJI, in China, in regard to their remote control quad copters, which I've flown for 4 years. Because of those dealings, everything else is impossibly easy.

Fasttech's CS is incredibly good, far better than any other Chinese seller that I've ever dealt with. I think it's a little humorous that you look to find some alternative for me, when all I did was say that because of the high praise I've heard for Varitube, I had anticipated a quicker response from them. @2legsshrt has been an online vaping buddy since 2013, and much of the praise for Varitube I've heard from him.

I've been in a B&M vape store one time. I bought a wooden device holder simply as my way of showing support for the fact that such places exist.

Speaking of sellers located in China, the price differential sure has decreased or vanished entirely. Four years ago it was common to find savings of over 50% on vaping gear by buying from China, but now there is little or no difference. For DJI quad copters there has never been any difference in price, due to DJI's strict controls regarding pricing.

Recently I ordered a Coil Master V3 from a Chinese seller. I already had an earlier Coil Master version but wanted the longer shafts and thicker barrels of V3. When I went to use it for the first time about 3 days ago, I realized it was a counterfeit. It's impossible to use effectively because the screws that grab the wire have heads that are too round.

Anyway, back to the SX Mini G Class: my greatest fear was that it would not be comfortable to fire with my index finger, but I've been delighted to find that index finger firing is comfortable and easy. I've watched reviews where the reviewer didn't see any point in having switchable display mode, but when using my index finger for firing, "display right", which is inverted, makes the display easily readable while I'm vaping. I definitely love the vape quality in both power and TC modes. At the moment I'm enjoying a 0.38 ohm SS 316L coil in a Kanger Subtank Plus, at 400 degrees F and 20 Joules.

There's a really thin and totally flaky layer of plastic film (sprayed on, perhaps?). Once that film is gently scraped off, the bare metal looks really nice. The dull-looking places that remain are mostly on the lower right of the back plate. They don't show up very well in this picture but maybe you can see what I'm talking about.

G_Class.jpg

Reactions: underd0g

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
I really like the SX mini, so I don't want to talk it down however, that peeling or whatever is the reason I got the Rebel 550j. I didn't want to worry about dents, scratches and the like. Also the firing button is so smooth on this thing its fantastic, best I've used to date. The YiHi chip still needs work though. I wish they'd release 6.8 already and continue working out the bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I really like the SX mini, so I don't want to talk it down however, that peeling or whatever is the reason I got the Rebel 550j. I didn't want to worry about dents, scratches and the like. Also the firing button is so smooth on this thing its fantastic, best I've used to date. The YiHi chip still needs work though. I wish they'd release 6.8 already and continue working out the bugs.
Theory: I think they've simply forgotten to remove "beta" from the description of 6.7. I further theorize that these two Yihi sites contain the same version of the 6.7 software, but on this site they call it beta: SXmini G Class-SXmini-Yihi Electronic Co.,ltd.
and on this site they don't: YiHi SX550J-YiHi.

Do you have a way to accurately weigh your Rebel 550J? Without batteries and without atomizer, my Yihi G Class weighs 6.1 oz or 175 grams according to my scale.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
A sensible practice is to look at emails in the order that they were received. I was actually on the FB site before the close of business and the notification said that they were currently online. Then, when I sent a message through FB, I got an automated reply that said the best way to get in touch with them was via email.

I understand that people are very happy with Perry at Varitube and I'm not trying to spoil their happiness. I was just stating that I did not get a response yet to an email I sent at 5:02 pm on Thursday evening. (I know I said it was 6 pm but I was rounding to the next full hour as I knew I didn't send it until after 5 pm.)
Yeah Perry is on there a lot not just business hours. I'll give him a holler.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Theory: I think they've simply forgotten to remove "beta" from the description of 6.7.
I think so also. Waiting for 6.8. Hoping they find a way to make the Sports car theme animated. Everything else seem pretty good. I think I would have been just as happy with the Qmini. I like the old screen and it has some different features. Not a fingerprint magnet like the Q either. I really like the looks of it.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
There's a really thin and totally flaky layer of plastic film (sprayed on, perhaps?).
I don't seem to have that on mine. I've checked all around and nothing. Mine has a sort of gun metal grey color. I wish I could figure out what possible good the Software is. The SXi-Q settings are all in watts and the setting menu you can set up your temp, and joules but nothing really that you can't do easier on the mod itself. I think for me the only thing it is good for is to do upgrades. I guess if you used several different atties it could possible be useful or if you wanted to go into the custom screens which isn't something I need.

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
Theory: I think they've simply forgotten to remove "beta" from the description of 6.7. I further theorize that these two Yihi sites contain the same version of the 6.7 software, but on this site they call it beta: SXmini G Class-SXmini-Yihi Electronic Co.,ltd.
and on this site they don't: YiHi SX550J-YiHi.

Do you have a way to accurately weigh your Rebel 550J? Without batteries and without atomizer, my Yihi G Class weighs 6.1 oz or 175 grams according to my scale.

I'll put the Rebel on my scale tonight and post the results with and without Batteries. The only
issue i've had is with the battery door not closing tightly. esauce thinks the UK 18650's might be a tad bit thicker in diameter? Although I'm not sure exactly what that would mean because as far as I know they get their batteries the same place we get ours from right?
Anyway they've sent me a new door (I asked for a blue one) to put on the (Nano Ally) black Rebel. I'll find out in a week or so when it gets here from the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Varitube got back to me today, yay!... and thanks, @2legsshrt, if you had anything to do with that. Varitube said to contact Yihi and that Yihi would probably offer to let me buy a Q Mini at a greatly reduced price, significantly less than what it would cost to replace the chip on my malfunctioning SX Mini Q Class. I'll jump on that in a heartbeat if that's what happens.

Regarding the G Class, the flaky stuff on the metal surface comes off very easily. It's beautiful and well-built, IMO. I don't find any part of it to be a fingerprint magnet. Regardless of whether I trigger it with my thumb or flip it around and trigger it with my index finger, I don't seem to have a tendency to touch the screen, but even when I do it doesn't smudge easily.

It's me-he for Yihi!

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I don't seem to have that on mine. I've checked all around and nothing. Mine has a sort of gun metal grey color. I wish I could figure out what possible good the Software is. The SXi-Q settings are all in watts and the setting menu you can set up your temp, and joules but nothing really that you can't do easier on the mod itself. I think for me the only thing it is good for is to do upgrades. I guess if you used several different atties it could possibly be useful or if you wanted to go into the custom screens which isn't something I need.
I think mine has the same color metal as yours. My best guess is that the flaky stuff was dried-up residue from the mild adhesive used on the protective disposable plastic piece of film that the mod came with.

Other than for upgrading the software, I've found SXI-Q to be useful for uploading pictures from my computer to use as wallpapers to my G.

I am normally not appearance-oriented but I make an exception for the G. I think it's classy and gorgeous.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I am not a fan of the new colors they have come out with. some of the new screens look kind of neat though.
I've seen pictures of new camouflage versions of the SX Mini G Class, but I haven't seen them for sale anywhere. I've read comments from quite a few people who are put off by the appearance, so you are not alone regarding your impression.

My immediate concern is that my G has stopped working. I've been on the wrong side of the odds lately with several new mods that have low failure rates. The screen comes on during the process of inserting batteries, as it's supposed to, but by the time I've got the battery door closed there is no longer a connection being made. It worked fine for 2 or 3 weeks before this problem surfaced.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
I've seen pictures of new camouflage versions of the SX Mini G Class, but I haven't seen them for sale anywhere. I've read comments from quite a few people who are put off by the appearance, so you are not alone regarding your impression.

My immediate concern is that my G has stopped working. I've been on the wrong side of the odds lately with several new mods that have low failure rates. The screen comes on during the process of inserting batteries, as it's supposed to, but by the time I've got the battery door closed there is no longer a connection being made. It worked fine for 2 or 3 weeks before this problem surfaced.
that sucks I am sure you will get it replaced with no problems

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
that sucks I am sure you will get it replaced with no problems
It sucks, yes, but putting things in perspective I'm dwelling in nirvana compared to many places in SE Texas. I'm diving into vaping matters in order to have something to think about other than the tragedy brought on by Harvey, which is fairly paralyzing to think about. I see you are not terribly far from the disaster areas... are you high and dry?

Since necessity is the mother of invention, I've messed around with my Lost Vape Therion devices until I found settings which produce a very similar vape to the vape I was getting with my G Class using dual SS 316L coils in my Smok Cloud Beast tanks and single 316L coils in my Kanger Subtank Plus tanks. The settings I'm using on the Therions: SS 316, Temperature Dominant, 450 degrees F, 40 watts.

This morning I ordered an Aromamizer Plus tank from Fasttech for $30.55. It will be interesting with the 10 ml capacity. I don't see any need to get the full kit that offers 5 ml and 20 ml capacities in addition to the 10 ml capacity. Other than my currently non-functioning G Class I don't have any devices on which the 30 mm diameter tank will fit without overhang, but aesthetics is not my major priority and never has been. Some people have major leaking problems with the Aromamizer, some people do not, so I'll enjoy seeing if I can work out a non-leaking setup.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Hi guys....I've been using the vgod 150w box mod for a year. Recently i got some extra money and would like to buy a high end mod... many people say that sxmini g class is the best mod in the market.. but I only use power mode and never tried TC before.. will it be a waste if i buy the sxmini g class?? thx >.<
It wouldn't be a waste. Doesn't your present mod have TC capability?

I'm convinced that the Yihi mods provide a smoother vape than just about any other mod in power mode as well as in TC mode. That's just an opinion but it's shared by quite a few, and some reviewers have done extensive testing that shows WHY they provide a smoother vape.

If you're taking food off your table, don't get it, but if you can afford it I recommend it. I know that I wasn't willing to pay this much for a mod until I'd been vaping about 3 years, but it's a pleasure to use. For a much cheaper mod that vapes very well in power mode but doesn't work as well in TC as a Yihi, I can personally recommend the Sigelei Spectrum KAOS. For a mod that's only about half the price of the Yihi and that works well in both power and TC modes my recommendation is a LostVape Therion DNA 75, assuming 75 watts is enough for you.

Reactions: RexLi

RexLi

Moved On
Sep 8, 2017
It wouldn't be a waste. Doesn't your present mod have TC capability?

I'm convinced that the Yihi mods provide a smoother vape than just about any other mod in power mode as well as in TC mode. That's just an opinion but it's shared by quite a few, and some reviewers have done extensive testing that shows WHY they provide a smoother vape.

If you're taking food off your table, don't get it, but if you can afford it I recommend it. I know that I wasn't willing to pay this much for a mod until I'd been vaping about 3 years, but it's a pleasure to use. For a much cheaper mod that vapes very well in power mode but doesn't work as well in TC as a Yihi, I can personally recommend the Sigelei Spectrum KAOS. For a mod that's only about half the price of the Yihi and that works well in both power and TC modes my recommendation is a LostVape Therion DNA 75, assuming 75 watts is enough for you.
thanks bigbells! Do u use TC? Is TC better than power mode? I've never used ni200 to rebuild... I feel like its a completely new thing and I hv to learn all the resisteance thing

Reactions: bigbells
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread