Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
thanks bigbells! Do u use TC? Is TC better than power mode? I've never used ni200 to rebuild... I feel like its a completely new thing and I hv to learn all the resisteance thing
I've been totally sold on the PRINCIPLE of TC for a good while now, but it's only recently that I've started using TC almost exclusively. My hesitation to go completely with TC was based on the fact that I found pre-built coil heads so easy to use and I was saving myself from the hassle of coil-making. But if you're making your own coils anyway, I think you won't regret trying TC. The vape is SO consistent from toke to toke. I think that the majority of people who use TC these days use Stainless Steel 316L wire. It's a LOT easier to work with than nickel, and it's arguably safer as well.

Reactions: Eskie

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
thanks bigbells! Do u use TC? Is TC better than power mode? I've never used ni200 to rebuild... I feel like its a completely new thing and I hv to learn all the resisteance thing

I've found that many who say they tried TC and didn't like it were vaping factory coils on an inexpensive device.
If you want to give TC a fair try, get a good mod. Any of the Yihi (not just Yihi chip in another maker's mod) or DNA devices would be a 'good' mod. I loved my M & ML Class and my DNA 200 & 250s.
Next, get a tank with an RBA, get coils for it (buy them from a reputable source or roll your own), wick the coils, dial in the TCR (if needed), wattage and temp. Enjoy. BTW-SS316(L), SS430, NiFe52 are the best wires for TC, coincidentally, they are also great for power mode. Ni, Ti, etc aren't the best for TC and certainly shouldn't be used for power mode.
If you have one of these 'good' mods and do not like TC after giving it a fair shot, they are also better in wattage mode then your run of the mill mod. Likely because of the care taken to be a great TC mod.

Ok, I'll just stand by for the 'But my ScumCo 500W mod using BurnsALot coils is the best vape I've ever had' posts. Then, I'll stand by my post.

Reactions: Eskie

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
thanks! I'm going to buy some ss316(l) wire to try on my current mod first, what guage should i buy? i mostly use single/dual coil
I use 26 gauge and can't evaluate other gauges because that's all I've used. A given coil made with SS 316 or SS 316L will have very close to half the resistance of the same coil made with Kanthal.

Best place to buy, many will say, is directly from Temco. 100' spool is less than $6, 250' spool is less than $8, with free US shipping in either case. Stainless Steel Wire 26 AWG RW0559 - 100 FT 1.09 oz SS 316L Non-Resistance AWG

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
Had to send back my REBEL MOD - YIHI 550J 200W BLUETOOTH TFT CHIP from Esauce. The 510 plate came right out, the batteries kept falling out because the door clips wouldn't lock in place and The YiHi splash screen kept getting stuck on the main control screen. Then they made me pay shipping back to the UK. To add insult injury they wanted me to place paper behind the battery contacts, and even send a step-by-step email describing how to do so. Now, because they don't offer refunds I'm stuck having to pick out another rebel mod since they no longer have a relationship with Boxer or Vaporshark.

I could foresee owning the newer DNA 75c but I'm worried that won't be up to par with my DNA 200's that I have had for sometime now. I have read though because there's no voltage drop (it has 9v) that people are finding they don't need to go higher up in wattage. Does anyone have experience with the DNA 75C vs 200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Had to send back my REBEL MOD - YIHI 550J 200W BLUETOOTH TFT CHIP from Esauce. The 510 plate came right out, the batteries kept falling out because the door clips wouldn't lock in place and The YiHi splash screen kept getting stuck on the main control screen. Then they made me pay shipping back to the UK. To add insult injury they wanted me to place paper behind the battery contacts, and even send a step-by-step email describing how to do so. Now, because they don't offer refunds I'm stuck having to pick out another rebel mod since they no longer have a relationship with Boxer or Vaporshark.

I could foresee owning the newer DNA 75c but I'm worried that won't be up to par with my DNA 200's that I have had for sometime now. I have read though because there's no voltage drop (it has 9v) that people are finding they don't need to go higher up in wattage. Does anyone have experience with the DNA 75C vs 200?

Oh man. I was looking at that rebel really hard.
Glad you posted this so maybe I will hold off on the rebel for now.

Reactions: underd0g

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com

So sorry to hear about your problem with the Rebel and the lousy customer service from the seller.

If you are accustomed to setting your DNA 200 over 75 watts, then the DNA 75C is not going to be able to provide the wattage that you need because 75 watts is as high as it can be programmed. I've used both chips. I really like my new Lost Vape Paranormal, with its DNA 75C chip, because of the construction of the mod and the appearance of the screen. With the resistance of the coils that I use and the power settings that I use, there is zero difference in the vaping performance between the DNA 200 and the DNA 75C.

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
So sorry to hear about your problem with the Rebel and the lousy customer service from the seller.

If you are accustomed to setting your DNA 200 over 75 watts, then the DNA 75C is not going to be able to provide the wattage that you need because 75 watts is as high as it can be programmed. I've used both chips. I really like my new Lost Vape Paranormal, with its DNA 75C chip, because of the construction of the mod and the appearance of the screen. With the resistance of the coils that I use and the power settings that I use, there is zero difference in the vaping performance between the DNA 200 and the DNA 75C.

Thanks Bigbells, do you think if I had coils in the lower wattage range with a different subohm tank it could work for me? My wattage now is normally only 80-90 watts. And what about the higher 9V on the 75c? Doesn't that help lower the wattage a little?

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Thanks Bigbells, do you think if I had coils in the lower wattage range with a different subohm tank it could work for me? My wattage now is normally only 80-90 watts. And what about the higher 9V on the 75c? Doesn't that help lower the wattage a little?
Raising voltage does not lower wattage, it raises it. You can't vape over 75 watts with the DNA 75C chip no matter how you cut it. The DNA 200 chip has a maximum output of 9.0 volts, same as the DNA 75C chip.

I looked at some of your earlier posts and I see that Nickel200 is your chosen wire. I strongly encourage you to try SS. If you've already tried it and decided you didn't like it, I hope you'll give it another chance. My modest accumulations of nickel, kanthal and titanium wire are now nothing more than slightly overpriced spools of baling wire. Just my opinion, but shared by many.

Last edited:

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
Raising voltage does not lower wattage, it raises it. You can't vape over 75 watts with the DNA 75C chip no matter how you cut it. The DNA 200 chip has a maximum output of 9.0 volts, same as the DNA 75C chip.

I looked at some of your earlier posts and I see that Nickel200 is your chosen wire. I strongly encourage you to try SS. If you've already tried it and decided you didn't like it, I hope you'll give it another chance. My modest accumulations of nickel, kanthal and titanium wire are now nothing more than slightly overpriced spools of baling wire. Just my opinion, but shared by many.

Thanks Bigbells, I went ahead and ordered my Second RDA, Vandy Vapes Mesh with SS mesh. It sounds like a good fit for how I like my vapor (cooler) and hoping it'll take just a little bit to get used to over my top fill Smok & uwell tanks. Its taken 2 fricken months to wait on my esauce order because the customer service is a joke. I was actually scorned and ripped a new (you know what) by their service manager in an email today. Joe is the Sales mgr and is seriously the biggest dick ever. That will be THE LAST time I ever order from them. They basically make the customer feel bad if anything fails and then ignore emails for information or help. I had to go as far as to tell them I would file a charge back with my CC/Bank for the mod I purchased if they did not give me an update on my replacement order.

Reactions: bigbells

skiptowncat

Sep 24, 2017
Manchester UK
Hi,

New member here, picked up one of these last week and had to return it due to a faulty screen. The replacement arrived yesterday and It is a great device. I also have DNA200 and a smok XCube ultra mods but have only really ever bothered with smok off the shelf coils.
I'm about to attempt a ss316l build using the tvf8 RBA so I can make full use of the features so standby for newbie questions

The only thing I would like to do on the mod is be able to switch off some of the presets so you don't have to scroll through them every time you wish to change something. I have no wish for soft or eco or the sq presets.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Hi,

New member here, picked up one of these last week and had to return it due to a faulty screen. The replacement arrived yesterday and It is a great device. I also have DNA200 and a smok XCube ultra mods but have only really ever bothered with smok off the shelf coils.
I'm about to attempt a ss316l build using the tvf8 RBA so I can make full use of the features so standby for newbie questions

The only thing I would like to do on the mod is be able to switch off some of the presets so you don't have to scroll through them every time you wish to change something. I have no wish for soft or eco or the sq presets.
Good luck with your SS 316L build. That's all I'm using these days. My coils aren't pretty but they work. I use the same TVF8 mod, but recently bought a 10 ml capacity Steam Vape Aromamizer Plus that I really like. The humongous build deck makes it easier than the smaller deck of the TVF8.

What are you changing that requires you to go through all of the presets? You can scroll through them in either direction by moving the joystick left or right, but you don't need to mess with them at all if you want to change wattage or temperature or joules. Press the joystick straight in until the setting you want to change is highlighted; then move the joystick up or down to increase or decrease the number.

skiptowncat

Sep 24, 2017
Manchester UK
Good luck with your SS 316L build. That's all I'm using these days. My coils aren't pretty but they work. I use the same TVF8 mod, but recently bought a 10 ml capacity Steam Vape Aromamizer Plus that I really like. The humongous build deck makes it easier than the smaller deck of the TVF8.

What are you changing that requires you to go through all of the presets? You can scroll through them in either direction by moving the joystick left or right, but you don't need to mess with them at all if you want to change wattage or temperature or joules. Press the joystick straight in until the setting you want to change is highlighted; then move the joystick up or down to increase or decrease the number.
It's mainly the soft, eco and powerful+ I don't use and the SX-Q atty types. I suppose it's because I'm not used to it and keep pressing the wrong way on the joystick and then have to cycle it round again to my preferred thing. I'll get used to it!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
It's mainly the soft, eco and powerful+ I don't use and the SX-Q atty types. I suppose it's because I'm not used to it and keep pressing the wrong way on the joystick and then have to cycle it round again to my preferred thing. I'll get used to it!
I was wrong about that anyway. Those settings only change by pushing the joystick to the right. When you push it to the left it cycles through the modes, M1 through M5. I only use the "Standard" setting, so the only time I have to cycle through the soft, powerful and SQI settings is if I accidentally go there.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Hello to all friends. I would like to ask all the friends that they have the sx mini g class if they charge it by the cable. I put mine overnight and at the morning it was at the same state i left it. mi firmware is : V6700
I believe that the charge state doesn't update until you remove the cable. You might even have to tap the fire button after removing the cable, not sure. At any rate, although I almost never charge my Mini G Class using the USB cable, I just now did so and it worked correctly. I'm using firmware version 6.6, as I didn't know any reason to update to 6.7. The two versions are identical to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited:

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Coatepec, Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

The SXQ settings are not for a specific atty type, it's to set up custom curves for Joules and Watts either from your PC or phone app. I've been experimenting with the curves and find they work quite well. I find I like to set a higher temp at the beginning of my vape and lower it gradually. It's a nice option if you're willing to experiment. I use mine with SS coils and Temp control mode.

skiptowncat

Sep 24, 2017
Manchester UK
The SXQ settings are not for a specific atty type, it's to set up custom curves for Joules and Watts either from your PC or phone app. I've been experimenting with the curves and find they work quite well. I find I like to set a higher temp at the beginning of my vape and lower it gradually. It's a nice option if you're willing to experiment. I use mine with SS coils and Temp control mode.
Just been playing with that now, it would be nice if we could assign a different power curve to each of the M1 to M5 settings, or can we and there's something I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread