Yihi SXmini M class warrantee issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

raylee

Jul 4, 2015
Hi. I am a noob here but have been vaping for more than 4years.
I am having a problem trying to claim my unit. Vaper Union insists that I have to have the box to claim warrantee. I am taken aback by this request coz definitely my warranty is not up. If a so call technological company like Yihi cannot recognised if the product is genuine or not and they cannot track when and where the product is sold, I PITY those who buy their products and have problems.
I had "ALWAYS BELIEVED " in Yihi till now. I have ipv 2s, ipv 3, IPV mini which had been very good.
My SXmini M class autofire. It became very hot while on my table.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
If you have to ship things back, most companies will insist on you having the original packing before you're allowed to do a claim. This is nothing new and to be expected. One should never, ever throw away the original packaging on something that has a warranty.

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
I'm part of the YiHi SX group on facebook and have heard a few members who needed warranty help and they do keep all that packing and receipt. And YiHi has always contacted the supplier to complete the exchange or send it back for repair.

From my experience, I would say they honor their warranty well, it's the shops that are failing to follow through.

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
Do you have a receipt with a date of purchase and price? I would agree with previous posters in that most companies generally want a box when you return things, however, sometimes some companies or stores may go out of their way if they know you have a receipt and have bought the product of from so I understand your frustration to some degree. Sorry to hear about this.

PaulyWally

Jun 5, 2015
Texas
Although I keep all my boxes, I fully agree with @raylee. A company should honor a warranty regardless of the existence of the box or not. I have been to many a store vape shop as well as other specialty shops where they sell you an item without the original box (which unless there is a sizable discount, I will refuse to purchase). One shop that I frequent use throw out the boxes when they would put their items on display. They lost many a mod and atty sale from me until the owner realized that many customers would like the box.

As far as the Sxmini goes for a $200 mod from China (love mine btw), that is very poor customer relations by both Vaper Union and Yihi to deny warranty.

FWIW, I had a problem last year with my original SXmini several days after I bought it, one of the menu buttons sunk in. The shop that I bought it from Up in Vapor, swapped it out for a new one. They didn't even ask me for a box and even gave me the new one still wrapped in plastic, box and all. I am well known at this shop now and I know that if they had any problems returning the unit to Yihi they would have contacted me for the box.

Last edited:

raylee

Jul 4, 2015
I can understand if I am asking for a refund or exchange for a different product. For God's sake this is a warranty issue. If I have to keep a box for everything than I may need 'another house just for boxes. This is the very tactics play by businesses to avoid honouring their warranty to almost 50% of their purchasers.
Most responsible people who cares about the green issues will recycle their boxes.
Imagine GE asking for boxes for warranty claim for their fridge. Do you keep the boxes.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
I can understand if I am asking for a refund or exchange for a different product. For God's sake this is a warranty issue. If I have to keep a box for everything than I may need 'another house just for boxes. This is the very tactics play by businesses to avoid honouring their warranty to almost 50% of their purchasers.
Most responsible people who cares about the green issues will recycle their boxes.
Imagine GE asking for boxes for warranty claim for their fridge. Do you keep the boxes.

Well,,, If you did keep your GE Fridge Box, you'd at least have a place to put all the rest of your smaller boxes in for storage.

Just injecting some levity into a frustrating situation.
Agree with your Analogy. Valid and logical Point.
Also agree it's more of an "Exclusionary" Strategy in most Cases. But in fairness, IF that Requirement is clearly stated in their Warranty Policy up front, then failure to comply on the part of the Consumer is all on the Consumer and not the Manufacturer or Seller.
However, it is still a kick in the teeth to be in your shoes and I do feel for you. Been there myself in the past.
Now I have a Collection of boxes in the Attic and on the Closet Shelf varying from my SX Mini M box to one from a Vizio 70" HDTV. I go through both Areas about once every 6 Months tossing out those where the Warranty has expired. The Monster Vizio box will be around for quite awhile as I took the Extended Service Plan on it.

In the end, it sucks and it may be "wrong" ethically but it is the Norm regarding Electronic Devices and therefore no Crime is being committed. It Be-What It Be. Up to the Individual to Be as well. Or, Not.

Reactions: PaulyWally

PaulyWally

Jun 5, 2015
Texas
Raylee, have you reached out to Vapor Union? Not sure where you live but I did Google Vaper Union and it looks like it is a B&M with very high ratings. See if you can speak with the manager or owner. As I stated before Up in Vapor swapped mine out without the box. I now have to OG Sxmini boxes because of it.

I looked at my SXmini M class warranty card and it does not state that you must have the box. The warranty box clearly states that you must have the original receipt and warranty card. This may be your ace in the hole. Another avenue to take considering that you are not getting any help from Yihi or Vapor Union is how did you pay? Hopefully you used a bank or credit card. Call up you bank and explain that the situation I know if it was the banks that I use they would credit my card back for the amount paid on the Sxmini. I am sure that would get the attention of Vapor Union and suddenly they would be more helpful. It may sound like dirty pool, but I good turn deserves another.

Its becuase codes on the box match the codes on the product then the other box codes help them identify who, where and when the product was sold to the reseller.

I also noted that the box itself has no identifying serial numbers, just a what looks like a UPC. So this negates the need for the box due to what is quoted above. No offense Thrasher. I just take it personal when retailers and manufactures use lame excuses to get out of doing the right thing.

You don't have a friend that could lend you a box? Do you belong to a vapor alliance or a local vapor group? Maybe you could speak to the B&M and see if they could lend you a box to send it back for warranty?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrasher

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Yes, I do keep the smaller boxes. I still have the original box for my notebook, my mods, and various other electronic items that I've acquired over the past few years. Every now and then, I do clean them out when it's obvious that I no longer need them, but let's get real here. Saving a box for an e-cig mod is quite different than saving a box that a refrigerator came in.

PaulyWally

Jun 5, 2015
Texas
Hi Raylee...my suggestions is to formally submit a complain to Yihi about your retailer. I had the similar issue of my retailer not honoring their promise in my warranty and Yihi helped me sort this out.

Agreed! Sounds like the retailer is the problem here. Try emailing Yihi, let them know you have a warranty issue and your retailer is not helping you.

Reactions: Hitcat44

PaulyWally

Jun 5, 2015
Texas
In my opinion, I find the issue more related to your retailer than yihi.

That is what it is totally starting to sound like. I contacted Yihi when the first update for the M class was released. They were very helpful and only asked me for my warranty card, which I took a picture of and attached it to my email. Turn around on them answering my email was less than 24 hours and I am sure it would have been shorter but the time difference more than likely played a role.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Tks for all your support. Will do that. I just put a comment on their Facebook sxmini acc. Se if they will give me reply so as those who does not have the box knows where they stand with yihi ridiculous warranty policies. I for one may be put off buying yihi based product for quite sometime.

I agree with a couple other posters here. "having or not having the box" has nothing to do with Yihi warranty. Seems your blaming Yihi for your warranty problem you've had dealing with your vendor yet you haven't reported your problem to Yihi yet. So take it up with your vendor or escalate it to Yihi cservice@yihisxmini.com and see what they tell you to do.

Reactions: PaulyWally
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread