Yihi SXmini M class warrantee issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

raylee

Jul 4, 2015
They got back to me a few minutes ago and told me that now I can now claim without the BOX. Power to FACEBOOK. I put my issue on a few Yihi pages, now is different. Will keep you guys updated. Now I want to see when the ITEM will come back. I just registered a fb account just because of this. I never use fb cos I always thought it is gossip thingy. I am 1950s child.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
They got back to me a few minutes ago and told me that now I can now claim without the BOX. Power to FACEBOOK. I put my issue on a few Yihi pages, now is different. Will keep you guys updated. Now I want to see when the ITEM will come back. I just registered a fb account just because of this. I never use fb cos I always thought it is gossip thingy. I am 1950s child.

There's no way you should have suffered that runaround, but I think there is a legitimate reason for Yihi to ask about the box. For both of my minis, the box has an ID code which is used on their site to verify a genuine product. The application is pretty rudimentary, but it appears that it returns the production date and also the "last date" which I'm thinking may be the final scan before shipping.

Again Yihi didn't handle this properly in the beginning but I have no qualms about them asking for a code that would specifically identify your unit.

Luckily I haven't had even a minor problem with either of them since I vehemently disagree with the prevalent opinions that Yihi will not honor the warranty if the item was sold below their prescribed price. I don't know for sure that is true, but have seen it repeated many times. I like the performance so much that I am willing to take a chance.

For future reference, I believe that Varitube is the US warranty repair center.

PaulyWally

Jun 5, 2015
Texas
There's no way you should have suffered that runaround, but I think there is a legitimate reason for Yihi to ask about the box. For both of my minis, the box has an ID code which is used on their site to verify a genuine product. The application is pretty rudimentary, but it appears that it returns the production date and also the "last date" which I'm thinking may be the final scan before shipping.

Again Yihi didn't handle this properly in the beginning but I have no qualms about them asking for a code that would specifically identify your unit.

The code on the box is the same one that is on the warranty card. Having box should make no difference.

Reactions: GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
The code on the box is the same one that is on the warranty card. Having box should make no difference.

You're exactly right. I had never paid any attention to the warranty cards. Thanks for educating me.

Considering that, I absolutely agree the box isn't needed.

Reactions: PaulyWally

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Would you post links or names to the FB pages you used? Yihi won't answer my emails asking for warranty service. Thanks.

raylee

Jul 4, 2015
Collected my new all black Yihi SXmini M class 3 weeks ago. They gave me a brand new new full black piece. My original piece was grey silver. The support team at Yihi is very supportive when you manage to get to them. My issue is now settled. Thanks for all your support here.
I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now seems to be able to type without getting the long script message.

Reactions: Hitcat44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread