YiHi SXmini Mod @ Varitube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
A seriously high end mod from YihiEcigar the maker of the incredible SX350. This mod features their new SX350 mini chip. The chip is a 60W regulated output with a single 18650, which is how this mod is configured. It is however 120W capable with a dual battery series setup. At this time the mod cannot accommodate 2 batteries so look for future adaptors either from YiHi or the modders world in order to tap the full 120W potential. Being in the SX350 family the mod will be up-gradable via future software releases.

The SXmini is a ground up development effort. They really went the extra mile in every detail of the design. From the stainless switch to spring loaded 510 connector, even the screw hardware is stainless both internal and externally.

Each unit is serialized, comes with bar code to verify authenticity, and carries a 1 year manufacturers warranty ... you must complete the warranty card and register with Yihi. Come check it out HERE

SXmini.jpg

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Tracking info says mine will be delivered Friday. This is the first mod I've purchased since my Provari in March/April. I'm really looking forward to being able to push some wattage through my new Lemos.

you're going to like it nova! The more we use it the more in love we are...especially for out and about

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I just want to confirm for folks we have them in stock and shipping. We were contacted by several people looking for confirmation they were in stock because they were being put into pre-order from other stores after believing they were in stock.

So to confirm they are in stock and shipping!

Happy Holidays!

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Does this come with a battery? What are the contacts like?

I'll try to get some internal pictures but its really interesting. Its similar to a tube mod in that the battery literally goes into a tube. But the positive end is actually a large brass contact which is spring loaded. The cap on the bottom which is completely recessed, is the negative contact and has no spring. So unlike a tube mod no spring in the cap.

I'll attempt some pics and post them here.

novamatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Washington, DC area
It showed up a day early, and man, I'm really impressed with this thing! Easily on par with my Provari in the fit and finish department, and it's pretty hard to go wrong with a YiHi chip. So far, this one's a home run.

And as always, excellent service from Varitube. Thanks!

Now I just need a silver lemo drop to replace the black one.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It showed up a day early, and man, I'm really impressed with this thing! Easily on par with my Provari in the fit and finish department, and it's pretty hard to go wrong with a YiHi chip. So far, this one's a home run.

And as always, excellent service from Varitube. Thanks!

Now I just need a silver lemo drop to replace the black one.

Awesome! It is a terrific device and we just love the size. Fits the hand so perfect. Thanks Nova!

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
What type of battery life are you getting with the Rda at 48 watts?

Depends on how you vape of course but what you see in the pics are my settings and I'm getting about 8 hours and I use about 40-50ml per week. But the good thing is you can charge directly through the USB as well and vape while its charging if needed. But in the car or office its easy to plug in while its sitting there.

novamatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Washington, DC area
I'm running at 22.5 watts and changing the battery once a day with no USB charging at all running VTC5s that I had socked away. And I chain vape - anywhere from 6-15ml a day. Battery life is significantly better than I expected, but this is my first high wattage mod. I seem to be getting more vape time at 23 watts with the VTC5 than I did with a Provari at 13 watts on a 2900mah 10 amp Orbtronic battery that I'd been using for a few months. That shouldn't be mathematically possible, but I'm changing my battery less.

OldtimeRocker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2014
N.H.
I just love this mod, i have a feeling i will be ordering one soon. Just a fyi the YIHI tech does not advise the use this as a passthru, although you can. That extension OMG no comment :).

What the chance of this getting to the west coast by Wednesday if ordered by friday noon ? I know its busy and would never hold you guyd too it. More my question is your shipping pretty fast ?

Last but not lest i know you don't sell the ipv mini but any one at the shop got one for a side by side. Looks too me like the SX Mini is almost the same form factor but smaller than the ipv mini. Sx mini looks to me like a top notch mod so much power from a small device. Loving the looks of it.
Thanks

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I just love this mod, i have a feeling i will be ordering one soon. Just a fyi the YIHI tech does not advise the use this as a passthru, although you can. That extension OMG no comment :).

What the chance of this getting to the west coast by Wednesday if ordered by friday noon ? I know its busy and would never hold you guyd too it. More my question is your shipping pretty fast ?

Last but not lest i know you don't sell the ipv mini but any one at the shop got one for a side by side. Looks too me like the SX Mini is almost the same form factor but smaller than the ipv mini. Sx mini looks to me like a top notch mod so much power from a small device. Loving the looks of it.
Thanks

Yeah its not a pass through device ... but its a separate charging circuit so you're not vaping off the board...ie it won;t vape without a battery in it in a capable state of charge. We're pretty familiar with YiHi stuff :)

As for getting it there by Wed its highly likely. Stuff gets to Cali fast for whatever reason. We ship same day if we get it by 2pm EDT. Shipping is free and we use USPS Priority which is 2-3 days. They don't guarantee it but they're pretty good with it and like I said stuff to Cali seems to get there faster than any place most likely due to dedicated flights as trucks are not an option.

the ipv is no comparison. Those 2 companies are in bed together by the way. But yihi does not sell the better chips to them or anybody....SX350 and Sxmini Chips are a different breed than the SX330 that Pioneer gets. Those better chips come to the modder community and this Mod now which is their own. They specifically wanted to put out a high end mod that was worth the cost and money that did not undercut the personal modders who have supported their chips over the last year.

And they really accomplished it nicely. I mean from the cast body and the quality of the casting, to the super nice fire button, and very small size, not to mention the new chip. Its really a thing of beauty. :)

Anyhow....we're here for ya if you decide to go with one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread