You Are Being Lied To - A Billion Lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
OK. Now I'm really excited about the movie. Sounds like it was extremely well done, and it's very effective. It also sounds like they made the right decision going for a film festival for debut.

This doc is incredible at not only starting the conversation about the truth of vaping, but encourages it. The information here doesn’t come across as biased; but rather as matter of fact, diplomatic and caring.

Reactions: Robino1

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Awesome review!
The "Becky" in the review is a smoker.

The last two comments:

RYAN: A Billion Lives is an education. It’s a wake up call. This film should shock smokers – and those of us who care about someone who smokes – into action. Like a companion piece to Merchants of Doubt, it could have a similar impact as Food, Inc. A Billion Lives is like theFahrenheit 9/11 of tobacco. Find the facts. Learn the truth. Vaping shouldn’t be banned. Let tobacco industries and the cancer “industry” makes less. This doc should be required viewing.

BECKY: I’m going to go buy an e-cig.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
I can't wait till I can see this video and download it, so I can upload it to as many forums as I possibly can!

Yes! And I promise not to wait almost 12 (yes, twelve!) years before watching it.:blink:
The comparison of A Billion Lives to Fahrenheit 911 reminded me that I had once downloaded it... Dial up days no less! Yep, still have it, not yet watched it and the time stamp on the download is 2004-09-02 at 6:24 PM.:blush:

Also need to watch the full Food, Inc. Have seen a few clips but never the full movie. Wife will be happy:pervy:

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
Just to let other people know: I just chatted with Netflix customer service about adding the Billion Lives documentary. The rep said they have been receiving many requests for it. If you have Netflix, it's worthwhile to go on the live chat and request it, it only takes a minute. I think it's probably the best chance to get the movie in front of the largest group of people, both vapers and non-vapers.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Even though all the figures cited concerning the actual morbidity and mortality
attributed to smoking IMHO are extremely exaggerated (in others opinions too)
my confliction is lessened by the fact that the FDA would be in a position to
having a concise,logical and,compelling reason to justify their actions.
Other wise to would have to concede that the figures they cite are and
have been overstated.

I had heard that the figures concerning the mortality from second hand smoke
and the chillin' were removed due to complaints from smokers (such as myself)
that have never believed they were true. When I heard this I agreed with this
decision. Now I am not so sure. Now I realize it would be awfully interesting
to watch Zeller and his ilk Squirming on their seats explaining why they want
to kill the chillin'. Excuse me for admitting I might actually enjoy that.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Just to let other people know: I just chatted with Netflix customer service about adding the Billion Lives documentary. The rep said they have been receiving many requests for it. If you have Netflix, it's worthwhile to go on the live chat and request it, it only takes a minute. I think it's probably the best chance to get the movie in front of the largest group of people, both vapers and non-vapers.

I've contacted Netflix, too. I think this is a strong enough idea that it deserves its own thread.

Just submitted content request for A Billion Lives. Chat Transcript follows:

Netflix Customer Service
End Chat
You are now chatting with: Justin
Netflix Justin
Hey, thank you for chatting with Netflix. My name is Justin. How can I help?
You
Hi, do you have or are you planning on having a documentary called "A Billion Lives". I'm very interested in seeing it.
Netflix Justin
No worries, you came to the expert in all things Netflix. I'd be more than happy to help look into A Billion Lives with you today.
You
cool
Netflix Justin
Right now, we do not have it, but I personally have chatted with quite a few customers asking for the documentary to be added into our library, so it's a popular demand. Since you are letting us know you want to see it as well, I'm going to submit a Content Request on your behalf, and ask for it to be added in.
Netflix Justin
With as popular the demand is for this documentary, I have high hopes that we are going to get it, but alas, I cannot guarantee anything because I don't have that authority. :)
You
Yes, please do. It's about ecigarettes vs big tobacco...I'm kinda partial to ecigs seeing as they basically saved me from dying from regular cigarettes. Thanks for your help. Please add the content req, from me for A Billion Lives and have a great night Justin!
Netflix Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread