• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

You may want to check out my post in the public forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Hey, RCMP GUYS... Check out this post in the public area. They seem to be bashing yall!!!

You JUST heard about the Vancouver Airport taser death? The Canadian media has been dumping on us for years about this incident. Personally, I have no comment about the incident...I wasn't there and neither was anybody else with an opinion. If the officers there perceived a threat that justified the use of the taser, that was their call..nobody else's. If they made the call but can't articulate why they made that call...then they're screwed. We do the same thing everyday with use of force but you have o be able to articulate why reasonable force was used. If it's unreasonable, be prepared to pay the price.

OK, maybe I do have an opinion.......4 cops vs. an unarmed dude with a stapler...........been there done that. Didn't taser him, we just "piggy piled" him and restrained him. Nobody died, nobody hurt. If it were me alone, I probably still wouldn't have tasered the guy. He wasn't assaultive.....just resistant. In my books, resistant gets you "physically" controlled by police and maybe sprayed. If bad guy ups the ante and starts fighting back in an assaultive manner and I'm alone, he might get tasered.......but that's just me. I'm confident in my size and physical control techniques.......but 4 cops and a resistant subject........come on!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread