Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Anyone tried to rebuild the stock coils? Or at least vaped them? I went straight to the rebuildable section, and I love this tank, i *never* get leaks, awesome flavor....but I haven't tried the stock coils, just wondering two things: Am I missing anything? and Can they be rebuilt?
No I have not tried to rebuild the stock coils. I used the stock the day I received it as I didn't have time to figure out how to build correctly on the rba. They hit well, as with most they are stuffed with cotton. In all honesty didn't see the point in trying to rebuild the stock with the rba hitting as good as it does.

romz26

Jun 29, 2013
California
Anyone tried to rebuild the stock coils? Or at least vaped them? I went straight to the rebuildable section, and I love this tank, i *never* get leaks, awesome flavor....but I haven't tried the stock coils, just wondering two things: Am I missing anything? and Can they be rebuilt?

Like you I went to the rebuildable section first. Popped in the stock coil(I got a replacement pack), and i really like it. So far no leaks, no dry hits, and for me it doesnt get hot. My current setup is the zephyrus on a istick50w.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
With this one wicking has to be just right, if you haven't check out the video I posted on page one here. I followed his technique and it's been good. I use Japanese cotton so can't tell you about wicking with regular cotton. Personally I have found the cotton needs to be fairly tight and a small portion in the channels. Several mentioned loose cotton leaked and my recent experience with no tail in the channel leaked. Hope this helps

Dryadsoul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Davenport. Ia. USA
I got my Zephyrus in Monday and just vaped on the stock coil. Come Wednesday, after 4 failed attempts at triple twisted dual coils I went with 26ga 7 wraps @ 2.5mm and wicked it with this video:

The flavor and vapor production exceed that of the stock coil and I have had no runs, drips or leaks. This definitely relegates my Kayfuns, Orchids and Goblins to the ubiquitous dust collection pile, now if my Cthulhus would just get here.

Dryadsoul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Davenport. Ia. USA
That video was removed, was it similar to the way tvc did it in the video I posted?
Not sure. What page did you post that video on?

It was titled "the quick and easiest way to wick the Zephyrus" he basically cut the wick like you would for a Goblin and placed the barrel loosely on the deck while tucking any stray cotton back up into the juice channels.

Edit: Just watched the TVC video and they cut the wicks the same, but that's the only similarity. The video I posted was all of 3 and a half minutes, with 2 minutes of him just chucking clouds

Last edited:

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I see what you mean. I do Alot like your video as far as cleaning up the cotton etc... I use a large paper clip though cause I can bend it easily to see in that lovely tight deck lol. And yes I think the tvc video does slightly over juice so it doesn't wick immediately. Thanks for the extra insight.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
I always juice mine before I shove it into the channels. No leaks and I have only had a dry hit once when I used too much cotton. This deck is super tight, but really solid in my opinion. Don't have to make a perfect pancake like the subtank and don't get me started on my previously destroyed Lemo 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread