Status
Not open for further replies.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I'm still trying to get the wicking down. I can wick my Billow v2 and crank out 35 to 40 watts with no dry hits. Any advice or resources that could help me out?

Tapped From My LG G4
It is a tricky tank to wick, but I have found that leaving allot of wick sticking out of the coil in the shoulder area and just a little wick going down in each juice channel is the key. Too much wick in those channels and you will get anemic hits.

thomas l

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Bolivar MIssouri,United States
Ok finally got my ipv3li and a smok tct tank. Had it for a bit so my zephyrus has been neglected. I think here in a Lil while I'm gonna try a nickel coil build in her. Main reason for the post is I see the .15 nickel coils are out for the zephyrus now.
Has anyone tried out these coils yet?
they are on the way

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
Are you doing ni builds in yours now? If anyone is what Temps are you running?? My delta 2 and the smok tct will do 500+ but I keep having to drop the temp in the zephyrus to get good flavor.

I've been using Ti in mine. 2x 26g, I think it's 7 wraps on 2.5mm ID, coming in at .15ohm. I have it at 320F and 40w, not sure what the Ni equivalent temperature would be.

thomas l

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Bolivar MIssouri,United States
I don't know what it is about this tank. I have tried numerous ways of wicking. It either floods or burns. I thought the billow 2 was a pain. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Video links?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
i kinda do it like the goblin
grimm does like this haven't tried it
hope that helps it's great tank when you get it right

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I don't know what it is about this tank. I have tried numerous ways of wicking. It either floods or burns. I thought the billow 2 was a pain. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Video links?

What kind of build are you doing? For 2.5mm ID kanthal builds I have been doing it similar to the TJ goblin style linked above. Sometimes I will wet the wick then do the chimney part though.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA

What are you using for wicking? I use rayon so I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but I get it pretty tight in the coil, then cut the tails at an angle so the top will just barely touch the chimney and the bottom will sit right at the top of the channels.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
What are you using for wicking? I use rayon so I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but I get it pretty tight in the coil, then cut the tails at an angle so the top will just barely touch the chimney and the bottom will sit right at the top of the channels.
Organic cotton is my preferred wick. I will give your method a shot though.

SDDPhoto

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2014
GA, USA
I've had my Zephyrus for a little over a week and, after reading through this topic to learn how to use it, I have to say its one of my favorites. I bought a second rba as a backup and carry it with my juce and spare batteries. This thing goes through a ton of juce but it sure does perform in the taste department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread