Your favorite KIT at the moment and why!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
With so many new mod/tank combos out there right now, I want to hear what your personal favorite is and why. I'm not taking droppers or mechanical mods, I'm talking KITS that come with a mod and tank, sold together!

I've been going back and forth on a few of them and want to hear opinions, but I don't want to hear what you think I should buy personally, just what's working for you.

Atm I'm using the eVic Primo Mini and the ProCore Aries tank, although I don't care for their coils, so I'm using the Smok Big Baby Beast coils. I'm looking at the Predator, the Revenger, the Alien 220w and the iKonn 220w kits for my next 'big girl purchase' lol, but know nothing really about them (except for the Alien, I do know a bit about that setup).

Again, we don't need to turn this into anyone trying to help me decide, if that happens in the process, great! But really I just thought it'd be fun to see 'what are you vaping?' and what you like and/or don't like about it.

And finally, again, I really want this to be about package deals, kits, mods and tanks sold together if at all possible lol.

So I'll start with... I have two eVic Primo Minis and I LOVE how compact they are! I like the tanks, though I'm not in love with them (it's only the 2nd subohm tank I've ever used so I don't have much to compare it to). I like that the tanks don't leak like crazy, I like how the battery is inserted (which is probably kinda weird, but it's the little things LOL). Overall, I just like the size and look of it all. It's a bit slippery and the 'carbon fiber' sticker doesn't help with that at all, but I think it's still pretty good. The screen is amazing! Navigating it is a little tricky and I've owned some of their other products with a similar interface, but this one is a little more confusing to me! I won't lie, I'm so sold on the full length power/fire button/bar on the other mods, I wish this one had it, but the button isn't bad, it's a decent size for sure compared to what I was using before them! Oh, and I love the colors lol, I got the red one and the yellow one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Foggy Road

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Where to start........
Right now it's my Ijoy Captain with the Steam Crave Arominizer Plus. Why?
The size and feel of the Captain. It's actually light for its size even with the 20700 batteries it uses, the USER mode which works great with RTA/RTDAs. The SC A Plus because of the great airflow, juice flow control, and the fact that I can rewick/coil without having to empty the tank at all! The only other tank I use on a daily basis is the Fireluke. The Sextuple coils are great for flavor and the RTA, included, is easy to work with and doesn't leak.[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
For "kits that come together", I am currently liking my new GX2/4!

I like the Baby Beast line and it comes with the Big Baby I prefer...less filling....'nough said.

The colors available are a really nice finish, car like (on some I hear), and seem very durable. Same menu system as the Alien, which I am happy with, making it easy to "learn." I had been looking at 3 or 4 battery mods for the occasional times I may want to wander above 120 watts, but didn't want to pluck down the money for something large that I would rarely use.....and this fit the bill for me. Not only is the 4 battery configuration surprisingly comfortable in the hand, in dual battery it is an even better fit then the Alien. Not only smaller with more rounded corners, but sure feels a bit lighter. For me, the one mod covers both ends of the scale. Very comfortable and small with good battery life and not too big to carry on all day (or two) outings without worrying about extra batteries.

Since I wanted another Big Baby tank at the time, I did pick up a Stick V8 at a few bucks more then the tank alone. Just a tube battery with a button and the tank, no menu or adjustments, very simple to use. Although it has its limitations, it does give a very nice vape and works nicely for out on short trips. But not for all day use. Also nice for an extra tank loaded up with a different juice for quick changes in flavor.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Where to start........
Right now it's my Ijoy Captain with the Steam Crave Arominizer Plus. Why?
The size and feel of the Captain. It's actually light for its size even with the 20700 batteries it uses, the USER mode which works great with RTA/RTDAs. The SC A Plus because of the great airflow, juice flow control, and the fact that I can rewick/coil without having to empty the tank at all! The only other tank I use on a daily basis is the Fireluke. The Sextuple coils are great for flavor and the RTA, included, is easy to work with and doesn't leak.[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I forgot about that one, I was interested in that one too, but was nervous with the new battery lol. I was looking into the fireluke yesterday, looks pretty cool!

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I've heard a lot of people saying they prefer the GX2/4 over the Alien! I know what you mean about the V8 Stick, I have 2, they were my first step into subohming about a month ago! It's too hot! LOL But once the battery starts to drain, it's not bad.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
AL85, mini alein with baby beast tank. This kit has filled the need for a quick hit of nic during breaks at work for me. It is small enough that I can carry it in a flip phone belt case.
That was what I was originally looking at, I still go back and forth. If I don't get a dual battery mod, that's what I'll get!

Beemerlvr

Jul 9, 2017
I started out with the eVic Primo 2.0 kit for my first mod. I still use this and it is still my favorite. I also the the eVic Primo mini and that is a great out and about mod to just slip in your pocket and go. I just purchased an Alien 220TC and I've been using it a lot lately and absolutely love this kit! But my next purchase that I'm getting on Wednesday is the Lost Vape Drone 166w BF squonk mod. I can't wait to get that cause it'll probably be my new favorite cause I can use my Icon and Goon V1.5 RDA with the squonk pin. But anyways I still love my first mod my eVic Primo 2.0, I still use it daily, lots of puffs on that mod, and it's still going strong!

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Personally am not a big fan of the multi battery mods. I would be to worried about equal discharging/ charging.
Yea, that's honestly the only thing holding me back right now, the entire reason I haven't done it yet!

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I started out with the eVic Primo 2.0 kit for my first mod. I still use this and it is still my favorite. I also the the eVic Primo mini and that is a great out and about mod to just slip in your pocket and go. I just purchased an Alien 220TC and I've been using it a lot lately and absolutely love this kit! But my next purchase that I'm getting on Wednesday is the Lost Vape Drone 166w BF squonk mod. I can't wait to get that cause it'll probably be my new favorite cause I can use my Icon and Goon V1.5 RDA with the squonk pin. But anyways I still love my first mod my eVic Primo 2.0, I still use it daily, lots of puffs on that mod, and it's still going strong!
Sounds like me when I first started vaping LOL. I didn't realize the Primo 2.0 had been out very long! I still may get the Alien Baby, I like the way the Alien line looks and even though I'm having issues with my Big Baby Beast tanks, I still love them, I keep going back lol.

Beemerlvr

Jul 9, 2017
Sounds like me when I first started vaping LOL. I didn't realize the Primo 2.0 had been out very long! I still may get the Alien Baby, I like the way the Alien line looks and even though I'm having issues with my Big Baby Beast tanks, I still love them, I keep going back lol.

Yeah my boss/neighbor got the AL85 and he really likes it. Easy operating system just like the Alien. Small and compact and good battery life for a single 18650 mod. Plus there are so many color options it's not even funny. And the AL85 comes with the regular Baby Beast tank the 3ml one. But all in all a nice little mod has VW/TC/TCR. Great compact mod for the price.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
I have a ikonn 220 with ello tank coming on Tuesday.
Until then I'm mostly using a IPV6x with a goblin mini V3 and dual claptons. Sometimes I'll put my crown V3 on there for ease of use but it doesn't have the flavor of a goblin.
I have another goblin mini with a single clapton that i use daily with an istick pico.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Yeah my boss/neighbor got the AL85 and he really likes it. Easy operating system just like the Alien. Small and compact and good battery life for a single 18650 mod. Plus there are so many color options it's not even funny. And the AL85 comes with the regular Baby Beast tank the 3ml one. But all in all a nice little mod has VW/TC/TCR. Great compact mod for the price.
Right, and I LOVE that power/fire button/bar, for someone like me who deals with joint issues, especially in my hands, that would really help!
I have a ikonn 220 with ello tank coming on Tuesday.
You'll have to report back, let us know how you like it!

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    If you like small, might I suggest a "Target Mini" kit.

I bought one on a lark/impulse buy and liked it enough to get 4 more (the extras are just the mod itself).
    34287583283_eff4970782.jpg

I've outfitted mine with OBS Crius tanks as I don't like using factory coils.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Personally am not a big fan of the multi battery mods. I would be to worried about equal discharging/ charging.

Yea, that's honestly the only thing holding me back right now, the entire reason I haven't done it yet!

An understandable concern. A good mod will discharge well. I have 8 multi battery mods and all show the battery levels very equal when put in the charger. Speaking of which, a good external charger is strongly recommended rather then on-board charging. An extra pair of married batteries keeps you vaping while one pair is charging and taking that extra charged pair (in a proper case, of course!) on long or overnight trips will get you through the trip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread