RDA Your favorite single coil rda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbaa913

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2014
Kansas City
I started vaping with dual coils but ever since I purchased a hobo my thoughts have changed. Single coils are my life now. But my question is as stated in title, what is your favorite?
Looking for something similar in size as a hobo but nothing too bug. I like small rda's that hold a good amount of juice.
Any suggestions for me? Preferably clones :D
Thanks!

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Veritas , you can build duals, but it performs better with single coil.

Vertex V2 , option for single or dual ( or quad, lol ) coils, and it's as awesome as the veritas flavorwise, and can put more clouds than the veritas.

Like you, I prefer single coils, and those are my two favorite attys right now, it's all I use ATM.

Edit : veritas will hold more juice

Last edited:

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Veritas for sure. It can be a pain to build. I put a single vertical coil in there with readyxwick and havent changed it in months. I dry burn it regularly (probably once a charge) to keep it clean and the flavor production up. Definitely not a fog machine.
I've actually really been enjoying the Cy-clone I got from fasttech for <$5... They market it as the K6. I put it on my reo and drilled 2 1/16" holes in front of the coil. I'll probably get another one at some point and just do the single 1/16 as it was better for strait mouth hits. with 2 1/16" it's a very airy mouth hit or a very restrictive lung hit IMO. I've got a slanted coil in there (one end lower than the other) wicked with RxW I put in last week. I'm probably going to leave that in for a few months :)

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
+1 for Veritas. Not that hard to build a single coil imo. I got the 1:1 from FT and liked it so well that I got another one. :vapor:
Something I don't see mentioned much is that the top insulator is a nut with threading. I think that's true for the original as well, but I don't think it's true for some of the clones.

The reason that is important is because there is also a machined place for the insulator to sit down into and it won't turn. Then when you screw the center pin up snug, and lightly tighten down the first nut, it won't spin when you tighten down the second nut to trap your wire, unless you over tighten.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Magma for me, but then again, its the first and only dripper I own.. First vape on it was one of those 'So THIS is the big deal about dripping' moments, it was that awesome.. I just wish I could carry it around at work but I dont wanna risk dumping juice out in my pocket.. Havent even bothered trying dual coils on it, sticking with the single all the way.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Magma for me, but then again, its the first and only dripper I own.. First vape on it was one of those 'So THIS is the big deal about dripping' moments, it was that awesome.. I just wish I could carry it around at work but I dont wanna risk dumping juice out in my pocket.. Havent even bothered trying dual coils on it, sticking with the single all the way.

Carry around with you at work: vape it dry, or get a veritas - leak resistant (leak proof if you dont over drip or turn it upsidedown :) )

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Carry around with you at work: vape it dry, or get a veritas - leak resistant (leak proof if you dont over drip or turn it upsidedown :) )

Vape her dry when moving around with a dripper. If i'm out on the town with a RDA i'll be sure to wick it a little "light" on the cotton. (same throughout the coils but less in the tails/touching the deck) Drip just enough to soak the wick and take a few toots until she's dry. You'll get to the point where you know... "x drips in this build = x inhales" etc.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Vape her dry when moving around with a dripper. If i'm out on the town with a RDA i'll be sure to wick it a little "light" on the cotton. (same throughout the coils but less in the tails/touching the deck) Drip just enough to soak the wick and take a few toots until she's dry. You'll get to the point where you know... "x drips in this build = x inhales" etc.
I still haven't got the number of drips down. But then again I sit at home and chain vape that sucker so I'm always filling it. :)

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I prefer dual coils for clouds but I have a single coils build on my Little Boy and my 454 Big Block and I quite surprised how well they are working and the flavor is awesome.

:vapor:

Big block was good but that sucker retained heat like crazy!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread