Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Organs! Get your Organs! Fresh, Hot Organs here. buy 2 and get 1 Free.

LOL.

---

"...

The timing of this report could be fortuitous, as President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team is considering candidates for the next commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration. The next FDA chief could
radically overhaul the agency and upend the huge regulatory regime that includes the recent rules on the e-cigarette industry.

Top names under consideration are Jim O’Neill, a former Health and Human Services advisor, and
Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a former FDA deputy commissioner and current resident fellow with the American Enterprise Institute.

..."

Surgeon general's e-cigarette report panned as 'truly terrible' - Watchdog.org

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Dr. Farsalinos would be my pick for head of the FDA. Or how about give him Zeller's job. A few Greeks in government would be a good thing.
The logical choice from a tobacco harm reduction view would be Bill Godshall for Zeller's job. At the moment the whole TPSAC is full of abstinence only prohibitionist type, and I should add most with big Pharma connections. Getting someone in who supports tobacco harm reduction as opposed to quit or die abstinence would solve a whole lot of problems. We might actually get some rational tobacco policies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The logical choice from a tobacco harm reduction view would be Bill Godshall for Zeller's job. At the moment the whole TPSAC is full of abstinence only prohibitionist type, and I should add most with big Pharma connections. Getting someone in who supports tobacco harm reduction as opposed to quit or die abstinence would solve a whole lot of problems. We might actually get some rational tobacco policies.
I bet there is a scramble right now suggesting people to fill the several thousand appointed positions the president gets to decide. Should the vape community or the advocate organizations be trying to participate in that process? Are they already? The Surgeon General has two more years for his term. May be he will do the nation a favor and go back to his Ivory tower and get out of our lives.

Reactions: TVC70

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Trump Team Said to Consider Thiel Associate O’Neill for FDA

“We should reform FDA so there is approving drugs after their sponsors have demonstrated safety -- and let people start using them, at their own risk, but not much risk of safety,” O’Neill said in a speech at an August 2014 conference called Rejuvenation Biotechnology. “Let’s prove efficacy after they’ve been legalized.”

“Basically, because there’s not a free market in health care, people are suffering very significant health consequences that in a free market they would not suffer,” he said in a talk at the 2009 Seasteading Conference. Among other advantages, a free market in health care “would drive prices much lower and allow innovation in cheaper delivery of care, both in terms of drugs and devices and better forms of delivery,” he said.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Mr. O'Neill does have some Interesting Ideas.

O'Neill has also suggested that people should be allowed to be paid to donate their organs. “There are plenty of healthy spare kidneys walking around, unused,” he said in a speech in 2009, according to Stat News.

“We should reform FDA so that it’s approving drugs after their sponsors have demonstrated safety and let people start using them at their own risk, but not much risk of safety,” O’Neill said. “But let’s prove efficacy after they’ve been legalized.”

Trump's rumored FDA candidate strikes nerve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread