Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Not that I know of.
Kinda like the Romney as Secretary of State flavor of the week thing.
Right. Trump has gotten quite adept at providing squirrels for the media-dogs to chase.

That said, I have a high degree of confidence that Jim O’Neil would get the FDA off our backs if he actually were to become head of the FDA.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Right. Trump has gotten quite adept at providing squirrels for the media-dogs to chase.

That said, I have a high degree of confidence that Jim O’Neil would get the FDA off our backs if he actually were to become head of the FDA.

To be Honest, I don't know How Much of it is Trump? Or Trump's Handlers? Or how much it is the Media inventing news for Analytics?

e-Cigarettes are One Concern when it comes to FDA Leadership. And O'Neil would most likely take a much Softer approach. I just wonder about what Direction someone like O'Neil would want to take the FDA in Non e-Cigarette/tobacco related areas?

I just Don't know much about Him. Only what I have read recently.

Reactions: Verb

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
I bet there is a scramble right now suggesting people to fill the several thousand appointed positions the president gets to decide. Should the vape community or the advocate organizations be trying to participate in that process? Are they already? The Surgeon General has two more years for his term. May be he will do the nation a favor and go back to his Ivory tower and get out of our lives.
Surgeons General don't have "terms." They're political appointees who serve at the choice of the president.

Reactions: LaraC

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Surgeons General don't have "terms." They're political appointees who serve at the choice of the president.
A page I found says 4 year term. I'm sure he'd resign if asked. Now he strikes me as sounding like a corrupt scientist instead of the kindly doctor. By omitting us from his concerns he shows no concern, not who I want for my doctor. Drain the swamp.

Reactions: Rossum

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Technically, the Surgeon General does have a 4 Year Term in office.

But there is Nothing Stopping a President, thru the HHS Sec, from removing a Surgeon General, and then Nominating a New one.

The New Surgeon General would then need to be Approved by Congress. Much the Same as Many/Most Political Appointees.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
A page I found says 4 year term. I'm sure he'd resign if asked. Now he strikes me as sounding like a corrupt scientist instead of the kindly doctor. By omitting us from his concerns he shows no concern, not who I want for my doctor. Drain the swamp.
Sure it says there's supposedly a term of office. But the office doesn't even have to be filled, and there have been more Acting Surgeons General than actual SGs in recent decades. As a practical matter the SG could be effectively bypassed if the chief executive disapproved of him. The SG ranks below an Assistant Secretary for Health in DHHS. The NRA doesn't like Murthy so they are probably his most powerful enemies. I doubt that they would want him hanging around until 2018.

Also, the Surgeon General is really just a figurehead for a corrupt little clique of permanent professional anti-smokers, who actually concoct the so-called SG reports. Koop hadn't even been confirmed during the period that "his" report was being compiled. That corrupt little permanent clique is the swamp that needs to be drained.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Also, the Surgeon General is really just a figurehead for a corrupt little clique of permanent professional anti-smokers, who actually concoct the so-called SG reports. Koop hadn't even been confirmed during the period the period that "his" report was being compiled. That corrupt little permanent clique is the swamp that needs to be drained.

I like to think of the Most of the modern day Surgeon Generals as "Agenda Puppets".

Kinda like an Infomercial in a Uniform. Hawking the wares of their Political Overlords.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Sure it says there's supposedly a term of office. But the office doesn't even have to be filled, and there have been more Acting Surgeons General than actual SGs in recent decades. As a practical matter the SG could be effectively bypassed if the chief executive disapproved of him. The SG ranks below an Assistant Secretary for Health in DHHS. The NRA doesn't like Murthy so they are probably his most powerful enemies. I doubt that they would want him hanging around until 2018.

Also, the Surgeon General is really just a figurehead for a corrupt little clique of permanent professional anti-smokers, who actually concoct the so-called SG reports. Koop hadn't even been confirmed during the period that "his" report was being compiled. That corrupt little permanent clique is the swamp that needs to be drained.

Murthy has resigned. His replacement, Rear Adm. Sylvia Trent-Adams, seems to be most interested in HIV/AIDS.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/21/us/politics/surgeon-general-trump-administration.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread