Your Opinions On Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
One thing I like a lot about my P3 is something that's usually just thought of as a cool but useless feature...the ability to change the led color. For me, it's actually been a very practical feature. I assigned a different color to each of my memory settings. I can tell what setting I have it on without looking at the screen. Sometimes, it's the little things that count.

I'm glad they carried this over to the Radius.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
One thing I like a lot about my P3 is something that's usually just thought of as a cool but useless feature...the ability to change the led color. For me, it's actually been a very practical feature. I assigned a different color to each of my memory settings. I can tell what setting I have it on without looking at the screen. Sometimes, it's the little things that count.

I'm glad they carried this over to the Radius.

How many memory settings does it have.

towelie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
In a cloud
Okay, let's try this again:

Your comment was

Now, post some actual hard proof, not borderline racist comments, that this is accurate or retract your statement. It's pretty simple, steve.
this....nothing steve said was even close to racist, not even a little.....ad hominem much?

towelie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
In a cloud
Chauvinistic then? It was not even close to an ad hominem, sorry. Did you even read his non-response to my post? Or are you just trying to pile on for some reason?
i read it, thats why im on the forums dude. to point out chinas labor and manufacturing conditions isnt even close to racism as you alluded to. throwing "borderline" in front does not sugar coat it one bit. I agree with your points on the topic which is production costs...quality control ect...and as i read the definition of ad hom attack i another tab...just to be sure, because you claim it wasnt....clearly it was. Roll on dude and do your thing, ignore me or hell call me a borderline racist, whatever floats your boat just dont get upset if someone points it out. Not sure what you mean by pile on but i can easily explain that: i do whatever i want to.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
i read it, thats why im on the forums dude. to point out chinas labor and manufacturing conditions isnt even close to racism as you alluded to. throwing "borderline" in front does not sugar coat it one bit. I agree with your points on the topic which is production costs...quality control ect...and as i read the definition of ad hom attack i another tab...just to be sure, because you claim it wasnt....clearly it was. Roll on dude and do your thing, ignore me or hell call me a borderline racist, whatever floats your boat just dont get upset if someone points it out. Not sure what you mean by pile on but i can easily explain that: i do whatever i want to.

Maybe racist was the wrong term to use but his comments were chauvinistic or xenophobic at the least. And using an adjective to describe his comments does not make it an ad hominem. Sorry.

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
So to sum up the reasons for buying a provari (or any other low wattage mod)

1. You like the way it looks
  2. You feel the quality,safety features, reliability, customer service and warranty make it value for money and you have the spare cash
  3. You are happy to use it to tootle away at under 20w (or whatever the max wattage is)
  4. You are into cloud chasing and have the skills, inclination and/or dexterity to make the low gauge wire coils needed.

@coolerat it did make me giggle imagining you trying to get the base off the kabuki – but if you use the (included) allen key as intended it is really easy to get it off the first time. (Once the o-rings are juiced the allen key isn’t needed.)
Also I haven’t had a coil die yet in a couple of months so can’t comment long term – but I took my first (old style) bvc coil out after 28 odd fills to try a new style one – and that has been filled 50+ times so far. I always get good coil longevity as I vape mainly unflavoured but the coil in the Kabuki is going a lot longer than anything else I have tried (and a lot, lot longer than the nautilus with the same coils). I think anyone who likes the nautilus will love the kabuki.

Last edited:

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
The Ocelot just dropped the specs on another forum.:eek:

No :censored: turbos, no :censored:nitrous, no :censored:hotrod, no golden goose laid an egg, no body is dumb enough to pay 200 bucks for a 40 watt device when Evolv gives you the kitchen sink, a toilet, and dinette set with silverwares and napkins.. They even a give you a reach around if you ask..

:cry:

Ok anyone argue about provape is this and that from here on out will look like an imbecile :lol:..
So disappointed..

I build my mods from scratch and love to see ingenuity in pcb design etc; the builds engineers/hobbyist are doing in hobbyland today would blow your mind. Remember imbecile....

:matrix:

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA

The part about the Radius starts at about 1:04.

An interesting converstation. One part that struck me was the failure rate for Chinese mods is at least 20%, with the failure rate for Provape (and many of these are simply user abuse) is 1/2 of 1%. You get what you pay for.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Maybe racist was the wrong term to use but his comments were chauvinistic or xenophobic at the least. And using an adjective to describe his comments does not make it an ad hominem. Sorry.

What's pertinent is that these same arguments have gone on about the same device for 5 years. No other vaping related product has ever had that much staying power.

Ever think that there might be a reason that even mentioning ProVari is still relevant?

What's funny is that every time one of these "discussions" crops up, ProVape laughs all the way to the bank.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 3, 2014
    What's pertinent is that these same arguments have gone on about the same device for 5 years. No other vaping related product has ever had that much staying power.

Ever think that there might be a reason that even mentioning ProVari is still relevant?

What's funny is that every time one of these "discussions" crops up, ProVape laughs all the way to the bank.
    How many other vaping products have actually been on the market that long? Kind of an unfair comparison, don't you think?

See the thing is I've never made any comment about the ProVari not being a well built, long-lasting device. The worst thing I've ever said about them is that the specs are outdated and, sorry, they are. It's perfect fine for a lot of vapers and that's great. I take issue with some of the outlandish claims made about them and the tendency of quite a few of the ProVarinati to make assumptions about people like me who want a little more from their mods. We get accused of wanting to blow gigantic clouds and vape .05 builds at 200W because we don't want to vape 1.5 ohm builds at 12W. There's a whole wealth of choices between 1.5 ohm 12W and .05 ohm 200W. I rarely vape over 45W and I don't use any "cloud chasing" attys but if I post in one of the ProVari threads, I get accused of being a cloud chaser by multiple posters.

Not sure what the relevance of your third comment is. It's not like I'm hoping ProVape fails and goes out of business.

Reactions: roxynoodle

kates

ECF Veteran
    Jan 20, 2014
    United Kingdom
    I rarely vape over 45W and I don't use any "cloud chasing" attys but if I post in one of the ProVari threads, I get accused of being a cloud chaser by multiple posters.
    At least you don't get called an imbecile :thumb:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    20% failure rate? At what time point? I don't own any regulated mods that have been on the market more than 14 months or so, so its not possible at this point to say they last 5 years. I own 24 regulated mods. I've owned 27 altogether. So what happened to the other 3? One was a failure, and a bad one. No arguments from me it was a bad failure. It was a fire so it doesn't get much worse. The others I sold. One was an MVP 2.0 because it no longer met my needs. I don't know if its still working. And one was an IPV mini to a member who has posted in this thread. He sold it recently so I know it was still working then.

Being at most 14 months old I can't give you 5 year longevity data. I can say the following are still working at 13-14 months: istick 20W, original Sigelei 100W, IPV1 and ZNA clone. I'm a little surprised on the istick with the weak 510 threads, but they've held up. The other 3 are very well made. And yes, I've been in them to check.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    In other words "I have no proof so instead I'll make what I think is a witty remark and try to deflect attention away from the point.".
    20% failure rate? At what time point? I don't own any regulated mods that have been on the market more than 14 months or so, so its not possible at this point to say they last 5 years. I own 24 regulated mods. I've owned 27 altogether. So what happened to the other 3? One was a failure, and a bad one. No arguments from me it was a bad failure. It was a fire so it doesn't get much worse. The others I sold. One was an MVP 2.0 because it no longer met my needs. I don't know if its still working. And one was an IPV mini to a member who has posted in this thread. He sold it recently so I know it was still working then.

Being at most 14 months old I can't give you 5 year longevity data. I can say the following are still working at 13-14 months: istick 20W, original Sigelei 100W, IPV1 and ZNA clone. I'm a little surprised on the istick with the weak 510 threads, but they've held up. The other 3 are very well made. And yes, I've been in them to check.

Anyone looking at the data would say that youre experience is pretty atypical Roxy.

How many vapers own 27 mods?

Having a stable that large means that on average each mod sees very little use when compared to someone who only owns one or two.

Im sure that you have your favorites as well, which means the others spend even more time on the shelf.

I think thats why your failure rate is so low.

In comparison, my Zombie Edition Provari is over a year old and has been my all day, every day, mod for the entire time that Ive had it........ with the exception of a week spent testing the Disrupter.

Zero issues whatsoever for me in that time.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Anyone looking at the data would say that youre experience is pretty atypical Roxy.

How many vapers own 27 mods?

Having a stable that large means that on average each mod sees very little use when compared to someone who only owns one or two. Im sure that you have your favorites as well, which means the others spend even more time on the shelf.

I think thats why your failure rate is so low.

All the regulateds are in use.

I own an approximately equal number of mechs. You're also assuming I bought them all at once ;)

Some see more use than others. Some don't leave my house because I'm protective of them (expensive). However, I'm usually here as I'm sick and retired. The ones running lower power tanks see more use. I can't vape all day at 60W. Tanks see more use than drippers. The dual battery mods are the ones I tend to take with me: the 100Wers and istick 50Wers. The isticks are my outside work mods. If I should wreck one, I won't care as much.

I tend to pick up one, take a few puffs and go to the next, repeat, etc. Except in the morning. Then I chain vape the old Sig 100W with a Lemo of Virus. Virus is the only juice I can vape when I'm nauseated.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I'd like to know how they came up with that 20% failure rate. How large was the sample size? Which mods were looked at? Any and every mod made by a Chinese manufacturer or were select ones cherry picked?

Yeah, lol! I would pick Smok if I wanted to prove that ;). Maybe Cloupor, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread