Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Which is why I did pull the trigger on the 2.5 Titanium. One sweet mod. I would love to find one of the Ti Minis.
You are going to LOVE that Ti, they really are sweet. I wouldn't trade mine for anything :thumbs:

towelie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
In a cloud
Thought about getting one about three years ago, got a vamo instead...been through hell and back and still fires like a champ, the vamo. back then I think the price diffrence between the vamo and provari was about a pair of kangaroo skin motorcycle gloves, which I bought also.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Thought about getting one about three years ago, got a vamo instead...been through hell and back and still fires like a champ, the vamo. back then I think the price diffrence between the vamo and provari was about a pair of kangaroo skin motorcycle gloves, which I bought also.

Can't blame you on the gloves. I have some, too, and they're pretty awesome.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

You got lucky on that Vamo. I mean REALLY lucky, do a forum search on Vamos you'll find that a lot of users ended up buying a $19.99 paperweight.

And quite frankly, my quitting cigarettes for good....... is too important to me to trust it to a cheap device.

Provari is hands down, the single best vaping related purchase Ive made in the almost 6 years Ive been a member of this forum.

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA

You got lucky on that Vamo. I mean REALLY lucky, do a forum search on Vamos you'll find that a lot of users ended up buying a $19.99 paperweight.

And quite frankly, my quitting cigarettes for good....... is too important to me to trust it to a cheap device.

Provari is hands down, the single best vaping related purchase Ive made in the almost 6 years Ive been a member of this forum.
Not to turn this into a Vamo versus Provari thread, but the Vamo 3 was the first VW mod I bought. I had to do the "o-ring fix" within the first few weeks, and then the 510 threads failed in less than two months - and please believe me when I say I know how to take things apart and put them back together without breaking them.
Granted, the o-ring was free, and it only cost me $6 (for a replacement SS topcap) and about 30 minutes to fix it (and I still have it to this day) but it was still an equipment failure that was NOT uncommon among Vamo users.
I don't know what the failure rate is with the various Provari offerings, but I do know a casual search in the forum doesn't turn up a lot of "how to fix xxx" threads related to them, if any at all.
No, that does NOT make any Provari the "perfect" vaping device for all users, but as I've said before, IF it fits your vaping style AND your budget, I think it's a great choice.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
Remember pre iphone? For years, folks would compare raw numbers and $... Pc always would 'win' under that because it doesn't take into account the industrial design, usability,mfeatures of the core software... Those uncounted things - if you like them - meant that the apple was fairly priced. I think the provari and watts argument has some good parallels.

In saying that, i wanted to drip and the p3 just didn't pack enough oomph.

Right now i alternate between a provari 2.5 and nautilus & provari 3 and kayfun lite plus. Great vape. Solid as a really old thing made of real metal. Could crush a wicked witch if you had too.

And...

A couple of hex ohms, which i don't push high at all 22 - 26 watts, but i love my vectors and stumpy in that range and its beyond the p3. Plus i like the box form factor, smooth finish, nice to hold, 2 batteries so long life...

But had provape had a 30/40 watt mod at the time, i would have gone with that. I do think my hexes will last a while since my lowest ever build was 0.46, and i never turn the pot past 20% and i like them, don't get me wrong...

But the build quality of a provari is exceptional. And there are just to many stories on here backing that feeling of quality up. I am sure some folks get lucky with their sigeleis ( have a couple of those too as backups ) and they might go for a few years, but i think those are the exceptions OR at least right now unknown odds.

odds are overwhelmingly in favour of the provari going for a few years without goofiness.

I dunno, i used to spend 300 to 400 bucks a month on camels so i really don't think the provape price is nuts. The issue is there are very cheap options, and i think people want vaping to be really really cheap, its like everything else though... For the most part if you are going to use something fir a while, quality pays off and you'll enjoy using the thing more too.

I don't think that to say fir example, the istick is just as well built as a provari, has any basis in reality though. You will not get the same quality, even despite labor for pennies per hour etc. You might get lucky with a sigelei 150, might, maybe it will survive the hallowed provari journey to the dark night of the board... But it probably won't hold up.

Just be happy. Get the mod you like. It shouldn't be a contest.

And remember land rovers... I guess they are heaven for the first 2 years and then start smoldering and basically withdraw 500 a day from your checking. But those first 2 years you feel like a god. Well the provari will make you feel like a god probably for longer. And way cheaper. I mean sure it seems like buying a land rover compared to an istick, but cm'on its 2am and i don't know where my button rattle is. I like that. No button rattle. Its tacky.

Don't vape a land rover. Or buy a nissan rogue bcause despite all the good reviews the qc is pants. Make sure your mod buttons don't rattle.

Good night and good luck

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I dunno, i used to spend 300 to 400 bucks a month on camels so i really don't think the provape price is nuts.
I've posted before, I smoked about a pack and a half a day for 30 years. In the years that I smoked, the average price of a pack of cigarettes went from about $0.60 in 1983 to about $6.00 in 2013.
Let's say the median price was about $2.00 (it's probably higher than that because they topped $2 a pack around '97 and started climbing exponentially after that, but I'm too lazy to do the real math, lol).
30 years x 365.25 days/year x 1.5 packs/day x $2/pack is about $33,000 with absolutely NOTHING to show for it other than yellow fingers, a smoker's hack, and stinky clothes.
Compared to that, $100, $200, even $300 for a reliable mod is peanuts - and I have yet to grind an APV out on the pavement.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Bad analogy, high end sports cars are not reliable.

More like a Snap-on box wrench. Within its intended usage it works very reliably. Try to use it as a hammer and you'll be disappointed.

I have used my three year old ProVari on multiple occasions to hammer nails, mostly smaller ones or finish nails. It performs that job much better than a box wrench. I consider it the Snap-on of mods, about the highest compliment I can give.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
that price is hard to justify to most people.

considering that most people's are still working flawlessly after 3-4 years, I don't think it is hard to justify.

Not a provari fan girl or anything, but I do know a dependable piece of vape gear when I see it, and I've used them.

Only reason I don't have one is because I hate menu systems.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
It's big and heavy and I prefer small, ergonomically designed itty bitty box mods

I always think of the provari like a really bullet proof BUICK or Towncar.

I am not the sort of gal who would drive a buick or towncar, but I can appreciate them for why people do drive nothing but.

I'm more of a honda/toyota type o' gal myself. So yeah, small, light, thoughtfully laid out.....modern.

Tell ya what, IF there was a mod that is anything like my Zorjirushi NS-LAC05 3 Cup Micom Rice Cooker with Fuzzy Logic chipset..........I'd have 5 of them.

*I always joke that if house was on fire, I'd be grabbing that off my counter before I ran out the door!!!!

I love japanese made things.

towelie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
In a cloud

ya i agree about the one device, learned that with egos. The Pv was too rich for my blood at the time, not knocking you or owners man, if you drove a lexus and i a toyota i wouldnt hate ya. i ended up liking boxes over tubes so ended up on team murica with a vapor shark.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Gawd I'm glad we're not all the same, what a boring place this would become!

The bottom line is that a ProVari will fit your need ... or it won't. That hasn't changed since the V1 first hit the market.
    I would point out tho' that every year there is a whole new crop of PVs, and ProVari just keeps going, and going, and going with little to no change.
    There actually is a reason for that.

If ProVape has a problem, it's that all three of my Provari's still work perfectly (even my V1). So why would I need to buy another one?

Electrodave

LPV
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    www.electrostring.com
    Gawd I'm glad we're not all the same, what a boring place this would become!

The bottom line is that a ProVari will fit your need ... or it won't. That hasn't changed since the V1 first hit the market.
    I would point out tho' that every year there is a whole new crop of PVs, and ProVari just keeps going, and going, and going with little to no change.
    There actually is a reason for that.

If ProVape has a problem, it's that all three of my Provari's still work perfectly (even my V1). So why would I need to buy another one?
    'Cause you don't have that one in the--ooh, look, shiny!

I think of my Provari 2.5 Ti as more like my pickup truck than a Buick. I have a Nissan Frontier that's 11 years old and still hasn't had any major breakdowns, despite years of off road abuse. It's not a big pickup, either.

That Provari weighs about 2 oz less than my Sigelei tube mod. Very solid, but not very heavy. Also, I have Parkinson's, so I drop things a lot. I've had the Provari a little more than a week, have already dropped it on both pavement and concrete. The finish isn't even scratched. I should also mention that iClear 30s tanks are almost equally indestructible.

So that's my current setup. At least for going out and about.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    'Cause you don't have that one in the--ooh, look, shiny!

I think of my Provari 2.5 Ti as more like my pickup truck than a Buick. I have a Nissan Frontier that's 11 years old and still hasn't had any major breakdowns, despite years of off road abuse. It's not a big pickup, either.

That Provari weighs about 2 oz less than my Sigelei tube mod. Very solid, but not very heavy. Also, I have Parkinson's, so I drop things a lot. I've had the Provari a little more than a week, have already dropped it on both pavement and concrete. The finish isn't even scratched. I should also mention that iClear 30s tanks are almost equally indestructible.

So that's my current setup. At least for going out and about.

Think I should get that green one??????? :lol:

Electrodave

LPV
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    www.electrostring.com
    Think I should get that green one??????? :lol:
    Yes. Especially if you don't have a Mini yet. Or if you don't have another green one yet. If you've already got a green Mini, don't buy it. Get the Dragon in that case. I do kinda like the Dragon. It's really shiny.

ProVariDragonR-2T.jpg

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    About two years ago, box mods came along and nearly all use them. Shorter, more comfortable in the hands, 18650 batteries (1 or 2), a bit stealthier and warranties are getting closer. I just sent my out of warranty VaperShark in and they replaced it.

Whatever you decide, the company behind the product is important, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread