FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Got this email from vapor bomb today.

"Your order has been ceased by customs via Health Canada you will receive a letter from Canadian custom."

Now I thought i had read in various posts that when customs nabs your order they ship it back to the vendor. VB told me over the phone 2 weeks ago that if customs grabs it, they will not ship it back to VB.

any input?

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Very sorry for your trouble.

I do have an unrelated question though. Is "Siezed" spelled "Ceased" in Canadian English? Or do they just mean that they stopped the order process? I'm just curious, because in the US the term used would be Siezed by customs. Not making lite of your trouble, just a curious Yank. lol

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Man I can't stand Canadian Customs they are a pain in the tush. I used to ship a ton of guitars to Canada and they were constantly messing with them. Plus going across your border is a hassle. I play in a band and used to gig in Buffalo so I cut through from Port Huron. I swear they should know me by now. They sure know what my behind looks like better than I do. Strip em and spread your .... cheaks is really anoying after a while.

I will say one thing. I'm glad it's not my job to look at people's brown eye all day.:ohmy::laugh::p

Curious too as to what they mean by that. Had they said "seized", that would have been pretty clear, but "ceased"? Is it VB's erroneous choice of words or do they mean something different than "seized"?

Either way there is massive suckage going on here.

Edit: double post was a blackberry issue, not intentional. Also, I accidentally spelled erroneous wrong.

Last edited:

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Man I can't stand Canadian Customs they are a pain in the tush. I used to ship a ton of guitars to Canada and they were constantly messing with them. Plus going across your border is a hassle. I play in a band and used to gig in Buffalo so I cut through from Port Huron. I swear they should know me by now. They sure know what my behind looks like better than I do. Strip em and spread your .... cheaks is really anoying after a while.

I will say one thing. I'm glad it's not my job to look at people's brown eye all day.:ohmy::laugh::p

They really do that just to go into Canada? WOW! I'm staying clear.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
If you were provided tracking from the vendor, check your tracking number on canadapost.ca.

Your tracking information should state that the package is enroute to the manufacturer or not.

Keep in mind that regardless of what happens, the vendor has made an attempt to ship and is under no obligation to reship. If the package is returned, the reputable thing to do is to refund your purchase price minus shipping and handling fees.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Very sorry for your trouble.

I do have an unrelated question though. Is "Siezed" spelled "Ceased" in Canadian English? Or do they just mean that they stopped the order process? I'm just curious, because in the US the term used would be Siezed by customs. Not making lite of your trouble, just a curious Yank. lol

yea i didnt notice that, the email was copied but i copied the spelling on ceased (im at work and trying to not use brain power)

If you were provided tracking from the vendor, check your tracking number on canadapost.ca.

Your tracking information should state that the package is enroute to the manufacturer or not.

Keep in mind that regardless of what happens, the vendor has made an attempt to ship and is under no obligation to reship. If the package is returned, the reputable thing to do is to refund your purchase price minus shipping and handling fees.

yea i realize they are under no obligation, i've just heard that most vendors wont leave you screwed over like that. we'll see what the letter says

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
yup been there. dont come back from a camping trip the weekend after 9/11 :|

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
No I don't think so, they said I should have asked them to ship it "undercover" witch is what they do for other Canadians (when asked)

Vapor Bomb has a seemingly good rep around here, I think they'll do you right.

I am curious though, does this mean VB will cease shipping to Canada as a whole? Letters such as this are a reason some vendors choose not to ship up here.

hotone

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Toronto
I thought that US customs will seize your order but Canada customs will only stop it (ceased?). I believe the shipper just needs to request it and they will ship it back to them. That is what I was told by one of the Canadian importers of nic liquid. Though that was all from China, perhaps Canada has some agreement with the US customs. I think they also flag your address and will search all future orders. I read if you are not a Canadian citizen you can contact them and they will allow it through to you.

I have only had one order stopped from China and customs held it for a while and released it. No nic in it but had some prefilled 0mg carts that they opened but did not break the seal on and threw back in the package loose and resealed it with some yellow tape.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
canadians arn't supposed to have juice with nic. ordering juice with nic from the US is risky. you should stick to canadian vendors for your nic needs. nicfitnation and electronic ciggz are 2 good ones I've used before.

thanks for the advise

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
canadians arn't supposed to have juice with nic. ordering juice with nic from the US is risky. you should stick to canadian vendors for your nic needs. nicfitnation and electronic ciggz are 2 good ones I've used before.

No offense but:

1. This is a Canadian subforum. Did you know that?

2. I will buy my juice wherever I choose, and don't need forum members, let alone the FDA or Health Canada telling me what to do. (unless it's actually helpful).

Big Kiss.

:)

HawtAngel

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Canada
I have been vaping for 6 months now have had many orders go through customs untouched. One was seized it was a larger order when I was trying to cut nic down again had ordered 6 bottles and there was a freebie included so 7 bottles total. My letter from the mean lady at customs said that under 3 mths supply was allowed but more than that could be taken and was. In that order was 2 bottles of 0nic they let through but they took the other 5 bottles sending me on the 2 no nic. Harry did choose to reship my order out of the kindness of his soul and even called to discuss how to serve us Canadians better. Along with the option of asking for we call it squirrel packaging he has also introduced a line of VB signature flavorings so us Canadians can choose to add our own nic here at home. I will continue to order from Vaporbomb and my other favorite vendors in the states but I will keep my orders under 90mls or 3 months supply even that could be taken but I will risk it just one of the prices we pay for being Canadian vapers.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Thank you for posting this, good to know.

However, let me break down my phone call from 2-3 weeks ago

VB - I think customs might have your order
Me - So will they ship it back to you and then you ship it back to me?
VB - No, they will send you a letter and probably the 4mg you have in your order but they won't ship it back to us.
Me - ummm ok? what now.
VB - If you still dont have your order after a month contact us and we will try to help

Couple days ago the month was up, I emailed them asking for help, they replied saying they were on it. Got my email from them today and this is the entire email.

"Your order has been ceased by customs via Health Canada you will receive a letter from Canadian custom."

That's it

I replied with a "great.."

And no response and I think they feel they are done with this order.

Doing my best not to bash VB and I don't think I am. I would love for them to correct this, If they get the order shipped back.. I find it strange that my phone conversation I was told it won't be shipped back. IDK whatever 60 bucks gone.

I have been vaping for 6 months now have had many orders go through customs untouched. One was seized it was a larger order when I was trying to cut nic down again had ordered 6 bottles and there was a freebie included so 7 bottles total. My letter from the mean lady at customs said that under 3 mths supply was allowed but more than that could be taken and was. In that order was 2 bottles of 0nic they let through but they took the other 5 bottles sending me on the 2 no nic. Harry did choose to reship my order out of the kindness of his soul and even called to discuss how to serve us Canadians better. Along with the option of asking for we call it squirrel packaging he has also introduced a line of VB signature flavorings so us Canadians can choose to add our own nic here at home. I will continue to order from Vaporbomb and my other favorite vendors in the states but I will keep my orders under 90mls or 3 months supply even that could be taken but I will risk it just one of the prices we pay for being Canadian vapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread