Not open for further replies.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
If you would have taken the time to read the whole thread you would have come to the same conclusion as well. There are two thread going on where some folks (not Freeflow) perse, are under the impression that the vendor is responsible to deliver. The vendor is under no obligation to make things good. Many will make things good but keep in mind they are under no obligation.

Now if the vendor is outright lying to you, don't patronise them any more. I was not on the receiving end of the communiques but the tone here leaves very little doubt as to what transpired, don't you think. There is 3 sides to every story, the truth can be found somewhere in the middle. OTOH it is indeed appreciated that these events are discussed here for folks to make an informed decision where they are getting their product from.

Upset I was ignored Switch.. I wish they would of told me to take a hike 3 months ago so I could have forgotten about it..

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Free...

Although I might seem callous, I really do feel for your plight, and appreciate you coming forward with your experiences with this particular vendor.

However, as I pointed out in another thread (not the one "ordering abroad") some folks are quoting business practices that are grabbed out of thin air, of what should or should not take place, pleeeeeeeease.

If the shipment is loss, that is one thing. If the shipment was seized by CC that is a totally different thing. Under current regulations they either remove the offending "illegal" product and ship to buyer, or return the package to the vendor. Now CC is indeed slower than the post office of when these goods are actually returned. Until someone receives notification one way or another, they believe their product has made it to destination. Tracking is a good way to see what is happening to a package, but with USPS that is total bunk. I get better tracking from shipments from China than I do the US. Many times I will receive tracking info updates days after the package as been delivered, that my package is on its way.

Notwithstanding, not all customers are honest. Don't get me wrong here, the majority indeed are. That being said not all vendors are crooks either, yes some are, but not all. In my early beginning I could have screwed a vendor, he was not worried as he knew I would do the right thing, which I did. But some folks wouldn't think twice of doing the right thing. The majority of us will, but some will take advantage of a situation. In my case I would have bit off the hand that feeds me, so the thought never even crossed my mind.

Being in the bleachers, it is often easier to see things in perspective. Once again not about this particular situation but some folks simply don't understand what Prohibition is. That's the point I am trying to convey here. To date I have been extremely fortunate, no doubt some day my turn will come. The advice I offer here - for packages that can be tracked, see what is happening to said package, and their point of entry. It seems to me that certain points of entry are tighter than others. With the myriad of suppliers out there, avoid the choke points. Because too many lurkers read these boards I will not reveal choke points.

It is time folks realise that we are in prohibition, should buy wisely, should do their research, extrapolate the necessary data and purchase from known sources and keep quiet wrt how the product is shipped. Last but not least, read the friggin TOS. Some are as shady as the overpriced scams that are going on by some companies/vendors.

hdpjr68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
N.E. Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
I would except that if when you were gone 3 weeks ago and I pm'd you, one of your staff members replied and said they were answering pm's for you. I told them my issue and got not response

At least if you did that I wouldn't be checking my mail and post office daily like an idiot hoping for a package

Yes I tried to dispute after i got off the phone with you purely out of spite and anger.

Interesting that I get a date it was shipped now that i've posted my negative thoughts. As far as the refund, i'll believe it when I see it.

deleted by VB per ecf

Last edited:

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
It's not that you're callous, I just feel like your dwelling on the the "seized" part of this thread and not the poor customer service witch is what I've been ...... about the most from my first post in this thread. They aren't required to send it again, once it leaves them they have fulfilled their obligation. Fine.

But it's how I've been dismissed and ignored for basically three months. I didn't call them yesterday to get my money back, I didn't send pm's for 2 weeks to get my money back.. I called and sent messages to find out if in fact my order was shipped a second time.. And it's not until I post something here that Harry comes and gives me a ship date.. yea..

Perhaps I should have made a new thread in the reviews of suppliers forum, but I knew some people were wondering if this ever got worked out for me witch is why I posted it here.

No hard feelings at all Switched :) I know your always looking out for our community :D

hdpjr68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
N.E. Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
Nope didn't get my order was supposed to have been sent out canuck style but who knows. They did however give me the choice to resend or refund. I chose refund, i really apreciate it because they didnt have to! Good customer service as the package itself is still missing in action!

deleted by VB per ecf

Last edited:

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Free to date I have mailed you two packages and have now agreed to refund your money. I would like to add also that YOURS is the only packages that was not returned to us, and still I sent another, and will refund your money. So I'm out shipping on two and the cost of your order. Please tell what else there is that you would like me to do?

It's not that I don't appreciate it, I know you're not a bad person, i'm just very bitter about being ignored.

I'm sorry you felt ignored, that was not our intention.
Then what was your intention? How did you think I would feel having repeated pm's ignored?
All i needed was a tracking number and reassurance that the package was sent.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
I'd like to add..

Perhaps you thought/think I was/am lying. And if that's the case I can totally respect and understand you not wanting to deal with me. However.. I would have respected you guys a lot more if you just said that rather then ignore me. I think to many vendors are afraid to say no to customers and perhaps sometimes they just need to be honest and say no rather then ignore the customer. Not saying this is what happened in this situation but I think that's a possibility as well.

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
However, as I pointed out in another thread (not the one "ordering abroad") some folks are quoting business practices that are grabbed out of thin air, of what should or should not take place, pleeeeeeeease..

***disclaimer: nothing specific to the above customer/vendor transaction****

Business practice is what you make it. I would never under ANY curcumstances make a customer foot the bill that didn't make it to their door, to do otherwise is to steal their money.

As a business, it is my choice to ship the products to them. I could hand deleiver them, so any less service than that is at my risk. I ship COD where if it doesn't make it, the customer doesn't pay, it is my problem. We have insurance on what we ship, so we do recover our looses. The choice not to carry insurance and take a loss is that of the supplier, why should a customer foot the bill?

We have made the decision not to ship into the US, although its a bigger market because we could not provide this level of service. We would have to raise our prices to do so, to make up for the extra.

I don't see anything anywhere to lead me to beleive a customer should accept any less. Small print is a BS part of any deal. If it can't be said face to face with a handsake with both parties agreeing and understanding, it shouldn't be part of any deal.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I hear you Rob, and I hear you loud and clear.

On a side note, not directly related to this episode, the majority of vendors will indeed do good by you. What I tried to point out in this thread (and buying abroad) is please read the TOS. They are quite specific. The majority of folks do not.

How often do we see folks ..... because vendor X or vendor Y does not ship to Canada etc... yet everyone expects every vendor to ship to countries under mild or full fledge bans, and expect the vendor to assume full responsibilities for their actions. IMO, it works both ways. I have spoken to several vendors I would like to do business with, I was told flat out that they would not be responsible for any refuse shipments at the border. They would gladly ship, if I assumed all the risk. Of course I choose not to do business with these folks, because I did not want to assume the entire risk. It was an informed choice I made.

In closing, many folks believe Canada is/falls under "free pratique". It is not so and folks need to realise this as well. Wrt the TOS, I might have referred to them as small print, but tell me how many folks actually read them? How many software licenses have you read in the last couple of years. Like everyone else, none.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Canada Customs can seize any shipment and turn it over to Health Canada. Health Canada refuses entry of any product containing nicotine. They've reserved that right for themselves by policies they wrote themselves under umbrella legislation.

The only way to move this group off their pedestals is to fight the political fight. As vapers in Canada - ALL of us need to contact our MP's. Write letters, make phone calls, express our concerns. Not just vendors (mostly not vendors) - vapers.

Transport Canada pulled similar political restrictions policies on airline flights until last year. They made and cancelled international agreements - in private - and refused to tell anyone what the agreements contained or why some were cancelled (including the people they were making agreements with). When the entire tourism industry went up in arms and held their own conference - the ice started to thaw. But it took people who cared to speak up and out.

Canadian Governmental Departments have no legal obligation to be transparent or open. It's something that citizens have to demand and push for. It's a bad system - but they keep it running by opening up single issues only when faced with real political pressure.

I think we all know there are not enough vapers in Canada yet to make the demand significant - but if every vaper does his/her part, maybe we can open the door a bit.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
There are far too many posts in this thread from suppliers discussing their business. This is not allowed and this is not the place for it. The same rules apply to suppliers in the Canadian forum as apply to all suppliers on the entire forum. The rules are not suspended here.

I really have two choices. Delete this entire thread or move it to an appropriate area. As there was some important dialogue going on here, I am just going to move it to the Canadian Suppliers forum.

However, I need to warn all suppliers that further posting about your business in restricted areas will not be tolerated and will result in infractions being issued if it happens again.

Please make sure that you are complying with ECF posting guidelines going forward.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
Business practice is what you make it. I would never under ANY curcumstances make a customer foot the bill that didn't make it to their door, to do otherwise is to steal their money.

We have insurance on what we ship, so we do recover our looses.

I don't see anything anywhere to lead me to beleive a customer should accept any less. Small print is a BS part of any deal.

Isn't the following, taken directly from your website, a direct contradiction of the above quote?

With any purchase made, the purchaser agrees that all items and product become their property upon the time payment is transferred on the sale, and assume all liability, direct and related to, the product. The purchaser has no expectations of evapers.com owners, or employees or anyone related to the company in regards to handling, shipping, storing, securing, or anything in regards to the product they now own and is the purchaser's property.

Let me start by saying that just because you see me logged into ecf doesn't mean that's me. We have 6 staff and 2 Gen. Partners and an assoc. We sometimes have them go on to check threads and things of that nature. They do not reply to post or PM's.

I hope your son's friend's sister doesn't have the password to the ECF account.

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
Isn't the following, taken directly from your website, a direct contradiction of the above quote?

The point of that disclaimer to remove any liability and prevent any action taken against this company. Basically cover our .....

For example, if we were to make a claim that it was our responsibility to deliver the product to your door, and failed to do so for whatever reason, even offering a refund we could be liable for whatever damages (emotional??) you incurred as a result. Or in a fraud case where it is claimed the products were not received when they clearly were, the burden is no longer on us to prove that it was delivered.

In practice shipments lost or delayed in delivery we follow up with Canada Post and if that doesn't solve the problem we send out the order again, at our expense. In all cases this is the action we have taken.

As another example our warrantee is stated as 20 days. If a customer were to have an issue at the 21 day mark of course we would still honor it.

Any honorable company will have disclaimers to protect themselves, but put customer service above those.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
yea i thought that was pretty obvious.

The point of that disclaimer to remove any liability and prevent any action taken against this company. Basically cover our .....

For example, if we were to make a claim that it was our responsibility to deliver the product to your door, and failed to do so for whatever reason, even offering a refund we could be liable for whatever damages (emotional??) you incurred as a result. Or in a fraud case where it is claimed the products were not received when they clearly were, the burden is no longer on us to prove that it was delivered.

In practice shipments lost or delayed in delivery we follow up with Canada Post and if that doesn't solve the problem we send out the order again, at our expense. In all cases this is the action we have taken.

As another example our warrantee is stated as 20 days. If a customer were to have an issue at the 21 day mark of course we would still honor it.

Any honorable company will have disclaimers to protect themselves, but put customer service above those.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
sigh.. I wish this was just over.

you can see in this thread that hdpjr68 said he'd refund my money if my second package didn't arrive within 60 days.. well it's been over 70 days and he again won't answer my pm's

should i assume because they no longer ship to Canada that he's not gunna stand by his refund statement?

next step is review's of suppliers forum where i can guarantee i will be posting the whole story.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
sigh.. I wish this was just over.

you can see in this thread that hdpjr68 said he'd refund my money if my second package didn't arrive within 60 days.. well it's been over 70 days and he again won't answer my pm's

should i assume because they no longer ship to Canada that he's not gunna stand by his refund statement?

next step is review's of suppliers forum where i can guarantee i will be posting the whole story.

My advice is to quit belly aching here, that doesn't do any thing but vent your splean and get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread