Not open for further replies.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Not really a customs issue, but I ordered some drip tips, a battery and some battery spacers from the US.

It took 10 days longer than usual to recieve, there was a hole in the bubble mailer, the metal battery spacers taken out of the baggie, the baggie stuffed back inside, and the package was delivered.

Weird. Why the spacers?

:)

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Customs is about as predictable as my mom on the road when she's talking (she once backed up in the middle of a busy intersection and pulled a lane switch ... at rush hour.... without batting an eye)...

The law in Canada is clear that nicotine under 4 mg a dose is not controlled by health canada and legal for use, trade and sale. Electronics are covered by international trade agreements.

This hasn't stopped Canada Customs from referring things to Health Canada and turning them away - without respect to the law and without the ability to appeal.

My guess - they took out the spacers because they could. They strip laptops because they can. They basically do whatever they please. It's pretty sad.

You can complain to the company who sent them - who can forward the complaint to the shipper and get some kind of compensation. Unless it was customs who removed the items - then they have to include a written explanation of why and you can appeal it.

Sorry that happened.

Someone needs to give Customs officials in Canada a double dose of midol and a happy blanket.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Hahahaha. Was that in Calgary? ;)

Of course it was in Calgary! Why... you weren't the car behind her who nearly barreled into a lamppost as a result? ...were you... if so - on behalf of the universe - I am sorry about my mother. Good lady. Bad driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread