your preferred steeping method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yinsen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2014
steel city, australia
when I first started vaping I was taught to shake the hell out of the bottle, take the cap off, stand it for a day, then recap and shake again and then just let it stand for however long you want to steep for.

I feel like this might be overly simplistic and there are better methods of steeping well that make the juice much nicer.

so, how do you do it?
x

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Some juices dont benefit from taking the cap off. If it has a strong alcohol smell then a few hours with the cap off will evaporate the alcohol off, but thats the only time I remove the caps. For most juices, I just shake every other day or so and keep them in a cool dark place for a few weeks. Works great

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I DIY all my own juice. Some don't need steeping at all. Others, particularly tobacco mixes, need time. Still others only need a couple days. I've never been a big fan of taking the caps off. I have a cabinet I keep all my juice in. The tobaccos, like various RY4s, need plenty of time. I like to let them sit a minimum of 3 weeks. I just try to make them up enough ahead, so they have their required steep time.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
when I first started vaping I was taught to shake the hell out of the bottle, take the cap off, stand it for a day, then recap and shake again and then just let it stand for however long you want to steep for.

I feel like this might be overly simplistic and there are better methods of steeping well that make the juice much nicer.

so, how do you do it?
x

Your method sounds like mine. When it arrives... take cap off; shake really good; put cap back on after a day or so. I would do this method about 3 times a week for juices that's not my ADV. But however, the juice I get is ready to go upon arrival. I always shake the juice before refilling the 6ml bottle for the Reo, so there's no need to shake again. I refill every other day.

-------Pause

Checked the mail since starting this writing! Vape mail!! Yay!
I just got a 200ml (2x100ml bottles) shipment of Shadow from HHV. Opened both bottles; removed the top cap; placed my finger over the hole, and shook really good. One of the bottles will go in a plastic bag and then in the Fridge. The other will immediately be vaped on. Since I'll be vaping this bottle right now, I'll cut out some printing paper and wrap around the bottle to help keep light out. That seems to work pretty good. I'll vape on this 100ml bottle for about a month.

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Never steeped in 4 years .....

So no help here.

^^^this. Never steeped in 4+ years. Make my own juice, and usually mix it within a day or two of using it. I've been mixing larger bottles at a time of my ADVs, so they may accidentally steep a few days before I get to the bottom of the bottle.... I do (usually) shake the bottle before I refill my REO.

Last edited:

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
For my DIY I mix, cap, put the bottles in a ziplock, put the whole bag in some water in a crockpot on low or med for about 4 hours. Take them out, let them rest for a day or two and then they are good to go. Honestly they aren't bad right away but I find the flavor is fuller with the method I mentioned.

Other juices I "streeth" by taking the take the cap off for a while then steep for a while. Some juices get a nice long steep because I don't like them much when I first get them, others only get to steep as long as they can avoid the juice doom that is a Reo squonk bottle ;-).

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
^^^this. Never steeped in 4+ years. Make my own juice, and usually mix it within a day or two of using it. I've been mixing larger bottles at a time of my ADVs, so they may accidentally steep a few days before I get to the bottom of the bottle.... I do (usually) shake the bottle before I refill my REO.

What are your ADVs? Always on the lookout for another good "shake 'n vape" recipe.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I first started out aging and breathing liquids the old labor and time intensive natural way. And I was soon deep into DIY with a home lab set up. But all the extra hubbub of shaking/airing dozens of small test batches burned me out on the natural way soon enough. I tried the seed method on those that were ADV's, and that was an improvement. Then I skipped over the hot water bath method and entered the space age with a commercial UC for just hours instead of weeks/months to fully matured joose... and never looked back. Generally, matured 80%-90% in 2-6 hours, let rest for a day to be 100%, tobacco's the day after that for 100%. Most of my jooses are vape ready enough at the 80%-90%. So with DIY from mix to vape can be within 2-6 hours... and the store bought premades from less to the the same amount of time. My UC cost me $99 shipped... one of the best investments I've made in vaping.

j4luc.jpg

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I recently cracked open a bottle of BWB Vanilla Bean I 'steeped' for roughly 14 months. It's delicious... My steeping method? Buy juice - get juice delivered - open package - get distracted - set juice down in unusual place and forget all about it - go looking for something I misplaced - have a nice serendipitous moment finding juice I forgot about.... and enjoy! ;)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yet another plus to unflavored nic. No steeping required.

About 2 years ago I put a bottle of some volcano tobacco flavored juice uncapped in my basement to "steep" cause it smelled / tasted like potpourri.

About a year later it still had the same potpourri smell. Nearly every juice I've ever smelled had the same undertone except this cinnamon stuff that was in an atty and that craveloupe that was in a woodvil.

Cinnamon is hell to get out of an atty BTW.

I don't know how ya'll can deal with flavored juice after smoking cigs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread