Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Couldn't agree more :)

Also if a VG liquid of yours is too thick, pick up some distilled ionized water. Can be found in most stores. Put one drop per tank. Mix it well. See how that works. If needed apply another drop. Rinse and repeat until you've got your desired consistency. I do this with my Protanks because Shadow which I love dearly, doesn't seem to wick well in them and is a bit thicker than what I usually use. Works great.

The higher VGs I have require LONG steeping time so I'm just letting them age before I mess with them. My best friend tried a higher VG juice and had a burning throat feel and all kinds of stuff. I tried her stuff the other day and it didn't do that to me, but she had me nervous so i was super cautious not to inhale at all.

I tried to tell her about distilled water but I think she's now gun shy on it. She has agreed to steep them but we'll see if she actually tries them again.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I had ordered some peach thymbra and coconut from highbrow vapors in 100% VG and I didn't steep at all and they were both flavorful and great! So I reordered both flavors in a 50/50 mix this time thinking that maybe with some PG I'd get even more flavor! Yet oddly enough they aren't nearly as flavorful this time? I'm letting them steep now..

fins13mp

Oct 21, 2013
Tampa Bay, FL
Velvet Cloud Vapor! For me it's a toss up between Night Shift and Vanilla Custard. If you like tobaccos, try White Beard.
You can save 10% using this link and entering the coupon code.
Velvet Cloud Vapor - Discount Coupon

Thank you for this. I just placed an order for Night Shift, Vanilla Custard, Mewlew's Magic and Campfire.

fins13mp

Oct 21, 2013
Tampa Bay, FL
The higher VGs I have require LONG steeping time so I'm just letting them age before I mess with them. My best friend tried a higher VG juice and had a burning throat feel and all kinds of stuff. I tried her stuff the other day and it didn't do that to me, but she had me nervous so i was super cautious not to inhale at all.

I tried to tell her about distilled water but I think she's now gun shy on it. She has agreed to steep them but we'll see if she actually tries them again.

The 100% VG tag is a little misleading I think. Some places label it as "Max VG" and that is more accurate. Unless my math is off, nothing could be 100% VG if there is Nicotine in there. Plus, most "100% VG" juices do include some ethyl alcohol (or in some cases Distilled Water but usually it's alcohol) for thinning to aid when using in tanks. True 100% VG would be a nightmare and would clog a tank really quickly.

At least that's how I understand it. But that would make sense why with the "100% VG" there's an initial alcohol taste until it steeps and that goes away.

CigsRGross

Nov 2, 2013
Los Angeles
I've only used Caterpillar since that's what is available to me locally. I love T&T (watermelon/cantaloupe/Menthol) that someone here already mentioned. I also have Caterpillar in Pelican (Watermelon) which has a strange smokey smell. Even the tester I tried out at the store tasted smokey but I thought it was just their device, oh well. I only vape 0 nic.

I understand most VG liquids have a PG based flavoring added so I'm trying to find one with flavoring that isn't a PG base. I still get a very slight headache when I inhale too much at once so I'm hoping if I cut out PG entirely, that'll change. :(

Edit: Ok, going through the posts I understand Velvet Cloud Vapor is PG free? I ordered the Mixed Berry, I'm really excited to try their stuff.

Last edited:

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
The Velvet Cloud Vapor Mewlew's Magic doesnt taste to good. Hoping after it steeps ill enjoy it. If anyone wants 10% off from Velvet send me a email and ill give you the coupon! there also having a sale on top of that. Joe30117@gmail.com
after a week im in love with Mewlew's Magic and Night Shift that they sent me for free! there really good mixed together also

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
I got some Ice Beard Menthol, White Beard Tobacco, Camp Fire, Burley Beard Tobacco and a free sample of Cathrine the Grape last Thursday for Velvet Cloud.

I havent tried the Grape yet, but the White Beard has to be my favorite so far. I didnt care to much for the Ice Beard it tastes more like cotton candy than menthol to me. Hopefully some more steeping and it will come around.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
anyone know who has the best fruity 100%VG

VCV Harvest Berries and Straw-Gwab are both really good. Catherine the Grape is the best grape I have tried. It needs to steep for a few weeks though. OOB it is soapy. They have several other fruits, too, that I haven't tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread