You're telling customers what?! TKO Knockout Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
It seems as if they are targeting the people who are into the bling factor and don't care about value or getting the best price. People who are in it for the image - that's who I mean by d-bags. I did not mean that all uninformed people were d-bags.

99.9% sure blingers ain't into an ego knock off with a nano(even if they think their pink suit is *pimp* LOL)...they'd have a crystal encrusted provari or a caravela with a cobra tank... :D
I think they are targetting an older crowd that doesn't know a lot about technology of any kind and goes to the mall.....

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
This is what makes me REALLY mad. I won't go into detail, but basically, I get asked this question all the time. "So, can uh (wink wink) you, uh, you know, use oth---"

"NO"

No, no, no, no, no.

It's "those" people who will cause major damage.

They make us look bad. That isn't what this is about. I totally understand the mod's stance on this issue, and I agree with them 100 percent.

To make matter worse one of their new employees was on the forums a few months ago asking about vaping "other" things out of his PV, all while trying to promote their business.

Its my understanding that they arent even allowed to register on this forum for reasons that the mod I spoke to couldnt go into.

I wish I lived close to any of their stores.I would open a vaping shop right beside for the sole purpose of cutting their nuts and putting them out of business.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
No, I totally agree with what you're saying, I completely agree with you. I guess we all just were kinda "a-waa" when MsComp used the d-bag term.

And I COMPLETELY agree that these people are not targeting people who have even the slightest semblance of knowledge when it comes to vaping. They ARE targeting the ignorant who are desperate. Therein lies the evil nature. Goodness, if a seasoned veteran ECF'er happened across a kiosk, it would be schooling time.

But like someone else said, don't attack the poor little clerks, it's the higher-ups that are to blame.

Am I making sense?

Ok. Rocket, I am climbing off my podium. But, I am ready to step right back up there in a minute.

I think people should be a little more thoughtful when they throw words around like "d-bag." IMHO. I also think the customer base they are targeting is not the hipsters/bling-lovers. I think they are targeting people who want to quit smoking. Who want to quit smoking badly enough to spend ungodly amounts of cash on ANYTHING that can give them hope. The same people who buy Blu kits, NJoy kings, no-name 510 kits, etc. Not many of us on ECF were experts on e-cigs when we first started vaping. I also think that predators are the people we should be aiming our vitriol, not the poor consumers who are slaves to the tobacco masters.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I agree wih you there Chellemmm. Personally I think that for the most were the smarter ones out of the bunch...those who took the time to do some research and look around a bit.

Places like these hurt as much if not more than they help. How many people have you personally talked to who said they tried vaping (usually on a Blu or some overpriced mall cigarette) and gave it up for a lost cause?

I know literally dozens of people who have tried gas station e-cigs, gave up on them and then threw them into a drawer and wont even think about trying something else.

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
I worked for this company for a whole six weeks. They let me go because the owner said I didn't know what I was doing, oh but I did, I was handing out ECF cards for people with real technical issues and people looking for "REAL" JUICE. That covered just about everybody.
When they introduced cartos they were $5.90 per. Ridiculously high prices. A guarantee that most customers don't takes advantage of. I never did sign their non compete agreement. Their agreement is for 5 years, that is just wrong.
Their juice is mixed @ 70/30 pg/vg with no consideration for those with either a pg or vg sensitivity.
Don't buy from them they will screw you, eventually. They with held my last check also, and did not pay me. Also, they fired me for not knowing what I was doing, but I was their number one sales person for 3 straight weeks.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I think people should be a little more thoughtful when they throw words around like "d-bag." IMHO. I also think the customer base they are targeting is not the hipsters/bling-lovers . . . not the poor consumers who are slaves to the tobacco masters.

Ok, we agree to disagree. I do not think of smokers as "slaves to the tobacco masters" - they know what they are doing. And, ok, my using the term "d-bag" may offend. Ok, whatever. Essentially, we all agree that this company is corrupt.

What I don't get though is why I would get slammed for saying "caveat emptor", when that is exactly what is being thrown in the faces of the angry people in the other post regarding getting their CC's hacked. Why is it ok over there, but not ok in this thread?

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Now we going off-topic...

Back to the topic, these characters aka the owners will soon be getting a notice stating that they can't do kiosk business other than online business. If I can call lorillard and speak with a rather top dog about my concerns, I think others can start calling these malls expressing their concern...don't give me excuses, malls don't want blatant scammers/fraudsters operating a shady business within their property. There will be no need to lie to persuade these malls, give them logical facts and they will contact private sector companies who send out secret shoppers to evaluate their business practices.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
wait..snoop-dog is a d-bag?

Of course he is....have you listened to his lyrics or the message he's sending to todays youth?

Thank the gods my son has better taste than that but he's not anyone I'd ever want to be a role model for my kids.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Ok, we agree to disagree. I do not think of smokers as "slaves to the tobacco masters" - they know what they are doing. And, ok, my using the term "d-bag" may offend. Ok, whatever. Essentially, we all agree that this company is corrupt.

What I don't get though is why I would get slammed for saying "caveat emptor", when that is exactly what is being thrown in the faces of the angry people in the other post regarding getting their CC's hacked. Why is it ok over there, but not ok in this thread?

I think in this case its a matter of degrees.

I agree that the buyer needs to beware and to research their own purchases but they are by far the lesser of two evils here......Im not even sure most of us would consider them in the wrong in lieu of such shady business practices.

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
I'm not posting in that thread. Different subject and different level of understanding.

"What I don't get though is why I would get slammed for saying "caveat emptor", when that is exactly what is being thrown in the faces of the angry people in the other post regarding getting their CC's hacked. Why is it ok over there, but not ok in this thread?"

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
In the end, this company and their owners will be getting hounded by lawyers after lawyers till they get so stressed and drained of funds that they will need to shutdown their business. This will take time however and I understand that but these owners obviously don't understand that a track record of lawsuits/trademark infringements/negative reviews/outlandish prices/manipulation/and the like will not bold well for future business ventures for them be it an actual career or just a get rich scheme.

The internet will not only make you but will break you.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Just one more thing in my defense of using the d-word. Look at their facebook page - they are NOT targeting old folks. Look at the design of their website -their use of fonts, colors, styles, etc. Do you think old people are impressed with Snoop Dog (he's all over the front page) and his "Blackout" or Mr. Pink Bling guy?

OK, I'm stepping back now. Flame all you want, but really, we agree on the same premise with regard to the company.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Let me be the one to extend the olive branch. I think things got heated quickly. We are a forgiving folk here, and (hopefully) the majority of us do not carry grudges or chips off our shoulders. But, uh, be careful what words you speak here. I've learned my own darned self to be careful. But we are (mostly) kind souls who are quick to forgive and quick to forget.

Just one more thing in my defense of using the d-word. Look at their facebook page - they are NOT targeting old folks. Look at the design of their website -their use of fonts, colors, styles, etc. Do you think old people are impressed with Snoop Dog (he's all over the front page) and his "Blackout" or Mr. Pink Bling guy?

OK, I'm stepping back now. Flame all you want, but really, we agree on the same premise with regard to the company.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california

uhm...seriously? did you smoke before vaping? how long? do you think that smokers are *STUPID* and willingly do something that they know is causing them harm? omfg...seriously? so smokers can just stop at any given time even tho there are known additives that actually cause an addiction that isn't nicotine? cuz they know what they are doing? what in the crud?

i don't agree that caveat emptor is appropriate for cc fraud either...there is an *expectation* that when you give a company your information that it will ONLY be used by the company you provided it to for the goods/services requested. so what...with this thought..never buy anything unless you are in person and have cash...cuz your cc info can get hijacked in person too?

totally boggled by your views.
Of course he is....have you listened to his lyrics or the message he's sending to todays youth?

Thank the gods my son has better taste than that but he's not anyone I'd ever want to be a role model for my kids.
no i haven't but...i also don't look at a picture and deem someone anything...*especially* since you don't know the context. What if i was dressed up for a play or movie role as a .........am i automatically a ......? NO
i haven't seen reports of him kicking dogs or cheating on his wife or lying about things that affect me. even if i had listened to his lyrics...that is his job..i am sure you are different at home than at work....it's called a "persona". I guess i am a lot less judgmental that a lot of folks....not saying i am not at all...
GREED and being judgmental and attacking others is never attractive no matter what the arena

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011

I almost feel like calling Snoop Lions PR head to inform them of this situation...I will call them tomorrow, they obviously manipulated Snoop Lion with hearsay of what the device was actually bout because someone in Snoops position wouldn't want to risk being involved with what will transpire with this company...their downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread