You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive us Rayna. The problem for us nic heads is we're trying to protect our right to vape because we're already addicted to nicotine. Seeing people (ESP younger people) vaping as a hobby who never or rarely smoked tobacco - right now - gives the anti-vape community ammo against us. It makes vaping look like just a gimmick to get people addicted and not a tool for quitting/healthier alternative.

I HIGHLY understand this!! and am doing what I can in my state such as mailing/emailing the outlines people make to the proper authorities/lawmakers! I want to protect your rights! My father, mother and grandmother, they all smoke a lot and I want to get them vaping to quit smoking! While I use it just to calm down and not be as crazy lol, 95% of people use it for quitting and to ultimately be healthier! I respect that so much, and as a not so often vape user I will try and do what I can to help this community!

Im sorry I suck at words

Annnnnd of course, the whole thread changed tone while I was composing and posting my message lol. Ignore me and carry on!

Aye bless you though, your words made more sense then any of mine.
thank you for being my savior and you're just really sweet I hope you have a fabulous day! <3 <3 <3 <3

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
For what it is worth, I think you are doing a great job and made good decisions. If you were nine years old I may feel different but you know what you want and how you feel and you are old enough to make that choice. I wish I had had my head on that straight when I was your age. And you don't suck at words. I think people feel so guilty over being so stupid and doing what they did to their bodies that it makes them a little defensive. Bottom line..... make a informed decision and and enjoy the heck out of it. Just my :2c: And welcome to the forum. Hope to read some more of your posts.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
You guys remember when vaping was like sci-fi? You'd go to a bar, whip out your 901 penstyle, and people would flip out and ask 100's of questions? Remember stuffing carts with polyfill and going through atomizers and cartos every other day?

Them days are loooong gone, and vaping had unfortunately become 'hip'. Expect tons of this sort of thing. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does sort of upset me that people who are perfectly healthy want to pick up the habit and the hobby. For me, vaping is a godsend, I STILL look at my PV from time to time and think just how incredible it is, how bloody amazing to have something that finally can keep my analog cravings at bay. While I would never want to see it regulated as a medicine, that is absolutely what it is for me.

Anyway, just my two pennies. Good luck getting your family to switch, Rayna.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Glad to see you had a warm welcome XD. Some of us have different views on vaping in general whether its the right view or not is up for debate.

Anyways I have no problem seeing non smokers start vaping, the closest alternative would be smoking. Its best to not do either but is much better to start vaping than smoking which unfortunately millions have chose to start smoking since vaping hasn't quite gone mainstream yet.

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Firstly.
welcome to the forum.
I'm just glad that a younger person such as yourself has decided to ignore the peer pressures that are evident in today's society and made your own informed decision about how to look cool without doing the damage that the traditional cigarette gang would be doing to themselves.
I often see young adults outside school buildings (often when they are supposed to be in the building themselves) trying to look cool with a packet of ten cigarettes being shared among themselves. I often notice this as i am a school bus driver and the look of horror on some of these young people's faces when offered their first cigarette is sickening. They try and look around for some confirmation that it would be alright to turn this offer down but are often too scared to be ostracized from the group and end up just relenting to the peer pressure and taking the cigarette. They then look stupid as the "learn" to smoke the cigarette ignoring the sick feeling that the stinkin' death nail gives them purely to try and stay within the group.
At least ,dear young thing that you are, you have decide to try the newer form of smoking in vaping and have the good sense to take on the latter of the two evils.
Let's be clear on this. Vaping whilst safer, is not proven to be safe by any means and nicotine is one of the most addictive substances and one of the most potent poisons known to man.
Try to be safe when you experiment with your new vaping hobby and for heavens sake please vape 0% nicotine vapes. No one will no that you are not vaping zero nic. except you.
If you need nicotine to cope with stress. Go low and get a stress ball. Please take this advise with the manner to which it is meant. That is.Your health and your welfare. Nothing is more precious.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Hey... why are people assuming Rayna is young.. in the pics she may look like 18 - 21, but she might really be 30 and just aged really well as she uses a top notch moisturising cream or whatever, and have a better skin tone because she never smoked ;)

She might flee from the forum feeling thoroughly patronised..... ok, just kidding, keep up the good work:p

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey... why are people assuming Rayna is young.. in the pics she may look like 18 - 21, but she might really be 30 and just aged really well as she uses a top notch moisturising cream or whatever, and have a better skin tone because she never smoked ;)

She might flee from the forum feeling thoroughly patronised..... ok, just kidding, keep up the good work:p
Had me going there........:facepalm: then:D

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Lol at your thread title. I totally sew what you did there

imagescat-sewing.gif

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
:D welcome to ECF please don't let us scare you away....sometimes first impressions go so very wrong...hence why I hate interviews

kudos for not going back to cigs...when I was young I was an alcoholic and a social smoker, I quit many of times but always came back...then I was a chain smoker and a social drinker....I'm a stressor and since you can't drink all the time everywhere I picked up smoking. Then of course the smoking bans came down....and things became too damn expensive which is what lead me to vaping.

Everyone has their reasoning. Although as stated for those that aren't/weren't addicted to smoking we do not want to encourage vaping....but I do understand the stress smokers that weren't addicted but had to smoke due to stressful situations. So kudos for not going back to smoking and taking the dive into no nic or low nic vaping

also kudos for attempting to educate your father to vaping as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread