Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I'm guessing this belongs in this section as it's in reference to a sub-ohm tank, and not a dedicated RTA. Just a guess, though... I been wrong before, once. I thought it was twice, but I was mistaken.

But, I digress...

Spotted this online, and for figured for $7 or so, why not? It arrived a couple weeks ago, and I promptly forgot about it.

Last night, I was straightening up, and stumbled across it. I thought I'd play with it today. After the relative disaster that was the Ystar Vitamin RDTA, I did not have high hopes. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised!

The RBA comes in a pop-open tube. I think the Hadaly RDA comes this way. Inside, there is an RBA section, a rudimentary set of instructions, and a couple spare o-rings. A couple coils would have been nice so a person could see a recommended size, but, hey, it was cheap.

The deck is a smaller version of the Apocalypse RDA, but there's Kennedy airflow under the coils, and a shallow well. The flat tip screws are, for an RTA, quite chunky, and there's a decent amount of room under the clamping plate for bigger coils.

There are 4 juice ports cut into the deck, and a separate, external juice control ring. That ring slips on outside of the base, and is held in place with the barrel section. It is not externally adjustable, so once all is installed, that's the way it stays until the next install. The ports look small, but appear to be peefectly adequate. I left them wide open.

All of the threading is pretty good. It was a little stiff to install, but I attribute that to the dry o-rings. The (apparently) gold-plated center pin isnset into a pedestal instead of the typical U shaped piece, and there's a screw securing the negative. This reinforces the idea that this is a miniaturized Apocalypse/Kennedy mashup.

I wrapped up a pair (obviously, this is going to be dual coil, only) of fused clapton (28x3/34) stainless steel coils. They were 3 mm, 5 wraps, spaced. When installed, they read in at 0.17 Ohms. For wicking, I used some Native Wicks Platinum, and cut the ends just outside of the edges of the deck... probably about 1 mm or so. The ends were fluffed and tucked so that they touched the bottom, and were visibly filling the juice ports. I also made sure that none of the cotton was touching the air pipes. Once wicked, I pushed the coils down so that the tops of the coils were just under the top of the deck. This was done to get them a little closer to the air pipes... without pushing the coils down after wicking, I fear that the gap between the air inlets and the coils would have been too much. Pushing the coils down before, I think, would have made it difficult to wick. Ah, well, it's done now.

I primed it up, screwed on the barrel, keeping an eye on the JFC ring to ensurenit didnt shift much, and assembled the tank. Filling would have gone a lot easier if I hadn't squeezed the 120ml max VG Chubby Gorilla bottle quite so HARD...

Half an hour later, after mopping the floor for the 3rd time to get the last of the e-liquid off of it. And, after a half roll of paper towels trying to get the stuff of of me.and the chair and the table and the mod and the tank and you get the picture.

But, that was 6 hours and a whopping 3.5 tanks of e-liquid later. So far, no issues with leaking, no dry hits (I am running in SS TC mode on a Koopor Primus, though), and very little condensation. The flavor os, for a TFV12 with the air wide open, really good.

All the photos are stock shots. Some idjit was so focussed on building and vaping, he didn't pause to take pics...

I have both of the SMOK TFV12 RBA sections, and I think this is better...
568ae8cda8b7d78d2116cea7da897a41.jpg
76ea95badaca829855edb7e465ce0d50.jpg
b29cd0059df6ff6924319851816561df.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread