Z-Atty Pro vs AGA-T+ Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

varivapr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
New York
I currently use an AGA-T+ and am very happy with the vapor production and flavor. The one draw back for me is that it doesn't look that pretty sitting atop a Provari. I ordered a ZAP yesterday and I know this is in another league as the AGA when it comes to build quality and fit and finish. My question is this. Can I expect to have any improvements in terms of vapor production and flavor? Any comments from people that went from an AGA to ZAP would be appreciated.

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
I don't have a ZAP, but being that they're both Genesis-style atomizers, it's going to depend more on your personal coil and wick setup than the device itself, except for one difference (that I know of): the ZAP has a very large airhole, especially compared to the AGA-T+, which has a tiny airhole. You can drill out the AGA; with the ZAP you're pretty much married to that draw. Some say it's too airy; others love it. I tend to get used to the draw of whatever I'm using so it probably wouldn't be that big a deal to me, but if you're picky about draw it's something to consider.

I'm sure others will chime in but that's the only performance difference I'm aware of. Build quality is probably a whole different matter.

varivapr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
New York
JMO, anybody with a Provari who is into rebuildables should have at least one ZAP in their arsenal. There's nothing that looks better on a Provari. They look fantastic; and even the factory built wick/coil vapes very well.

I agree. I bought it purely based on looks and build quality. I am wondering if I might get an added perk with an improvement in vapor or flavor quality. I am not expecting any and am just looking for others opinion on performance comparisons

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I agree. I bought it purely based on looks and build quality. I am wondering if I might get an added perk with an improvement in vapor or flavor quality. I am not expecting any and am just looking for others opinion on performance comparisons

That's the thing about all RBAs. The quality of the vape is entirely up to the one building the coil and wick. Granted, some are easier to set up than others. But when set up properly, a $15 clone will vape as well as a $150 unit.

unowner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2012
Norfolk, VA
That's the thing about all RBAs. The quality of the vape is entirely up to the one building the coil and wick. Granted, some are easier to set up than others. But when set up properly, a $15 clone will vape as well as a $150 unit.

that's why i love my mini-DID clone so much... i love the fact its so cheap and provides me with excellent vape ;)

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
You'll get your airy draw right out of the box, which is good. You won't need to bore out that ZAP.

It's also got a significantly bigger wick hole than my AGA-T+, which I've found to be a good thing. More juice to the coil means more vapor and flavor.

I do like my AGA-T, but my ZAP outperforms it by a pretty wide margin. And it's a hell of a lot easier to build a coil for, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread