Zen~ Family Reunion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2009
Bellevue,WA
Yes the plate in mine is springy, and was never really flush unless pressed down. I would hate to file the screw down though as I use many atomizers that don't have adjustable center pins. I am currently using it with a KFL, but I have tried it with my Origen, GP Spheroid and a couple of Igo atty's. I can't get the topcap to sit flush if I flush the atty and it really bothers me.

Mike are there any plans to send out an adjustable center pin?

Last edited:

GemCutter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Maine USA
Yes the plate in mine is springy, and was never really flush unless pressed down. I would hate to file the screw down though as I use many atomizers that don't have adjustable center pins. I am currently using it with a KFL, but I have tried it with my Origen, GP Spheroid and a couple of Igo atty's. I can't get the topcap to sit flush if I flush the atty and it really bothers me.

Mike are there any plans to send out an adjustable center pin?

Really? The center pin of the Z2 510 connector is ABSOLUTELY designed to be adjusted, and always has been... I keep reading that my PVs don'e have adjustable pns on the 510... and I have no idea who started that rumor. But it's not true. Adjust away, folks!

Ummm......

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
agreed...someone didn't read Mike's posts :p

Never happens, people always read threads and do research first, right? :rolleyes::laugh:

I couldn't help myself, I had to say something again to wartonmybrow (was that the handle? :laugh:), the one thing we have always been known for is our virulent opposition to flipping, its what gave us that hardcore image...........:D

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
From what I've read and have done. Unscrew the positive screw on the Z2 510 top cap. Screw on your Atomizer until it sits flush. Screw in the positive pin/screw until it meets resistance. If you then have a gap on your 510 top cap, unscrew the switch, screw on the 510 top cap then tighten up on the switch. Sometimes I've had to spin the switch button alittle to get the switch to sit flush. Note: on the 510 top cap not being adjustable. If I read and remember correctly the Steam Monkey 510 top caps may not be adjustable. That may be where this issue came to be.

Loop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2009
Bellevue,WA
agreed...someone didn't read Mike's posts :p

I think you misread me. The center post is adjustable we agree on that, but the post is too long. if it were a 2 part post you could flush mount the atty and the top cap. Not just one or the other, atty or top cap. Currently a gap has to be somewhere.

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
From what I've read and have done. Unscrew the positive screw on the Z2 510 top cap. Screw on your Atomizer until it sits flush. Screw in the positive pin/screw until it meets resistance. If you then have a gap on your 510 top cap, unscrew the switch, screw on the 510 top cap then tighten up on the switch. Sometimes I've had to spin the switch button alittle to get the switch to sit flush. Note: on the 510 top cap not being adjustable. If I read and remember correctly the Steam Monkey 510 top caps may not be adjustable. That may be where this issue came to be.

Thank You now i see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread