Zenesis Informational/Help thread. Please Post questions and answers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
So, as near as I can tell this is the correct place to post a few questions I have. I have read through the entire thread, but didn't find the answers I was looking for. I thought about reading through the Zen Family reunion thread, but I don't have that kind of time! :)

I recently purchased a Zenesis Sidewinder on the classifieds here, and while waiting for it's arrival I've been thinking about how I plan to use it, and what other bits and pieces I'll be wanting to go with it. For informational purposes, I own a Provari and an MVP2. I mainly (almost exclusively really) use carto tanks for juice delivery. I've tried several types of clearomizers but don't generally care for them. The Sidwinder will be my first mech mod and my first rebuildable all wrapped up in one spiffy little package. I'm looking forward to experimenting with some new things, but part of the reason I was attracted to the SW is the fact that it will accept the Z2 510 adapter and that it will accept a Kick without leaving unsightly gaps.

So, right off the bat I know I will buy a Kick2 and Z2 510 adapter. Will the Kick work in the SW without modification. Meaning, will it be necessary to remove the anodizing inside the kick chamber? Secondly, I have read once or twice about a special screw that might be necessary to use the kick in the SW, is this accurate? Is this screw (if it is necessary) available? I checked Electronicstix and Steam Monkey without finding anything like it.

I've also seen glass tanks for the SW mentioned, and was wondering if they exist, and are they available? Again, I checked both websites, but found no mention of them.

The Z2 510 adapter I have seen available from E.S. and one from Steam Monkey, although E.S. is out of stock right now. Is one 510 adapter better than the other for any reason? I'd probably prefer the actual Zenesis, but if it's going to take too long for them to get back in stock I might buy from the other website if there aren't any missing features (I'm thinking about the adjustable pin).

Thanks in advance for your answers!

skotsour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Help!

I've just received my Sidewinder 510 and also purchased the Zen CT. For the life of me, I can not get the SW to work. I've tried it with the CT and with various other tanks using the 510 adapter. I've broke the whole thing down to see if anything was amiss, but I'm really not sure what to look for. It seems that everything is as it should be, but I don't know for certain. Are there any known things that I should try? I'm sure I'm just missing something, or something needs to be adjusted, but after fiddling with it for about two hours, I haven;t made any headway. ANY help/suggestions would be appreciated!

EDIT: It's the Vapes Like Art Sidewinder 510 Goth Balls if that makes any difference...

Last edited:

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I recently purchased a Zenesis Sidewinder on the classifieds here...

Congratulations. You're going to love it.

I mainly (almost exclusively really) use carto tanks for juice delivery. I've tried several types of clearomizers but don't generally care for them.

House of Hybrids offers a Z2 threaded carto tank that will thread right onto your Sidewinder. However, you'd probably be better off using cartos on one of your regulated device. Although it'll work, cartos aren't really at home atop a mechanical device.

but part of the reason I was attracted to the SW is the fact that it will accept the Z2 510 adapter...

I just bought one so I can use my Kayfun atop my Sidewinder. Can't wait.

Will the Kick work in the SW without modification. Meaning, will it be necessary to remove the anodizing inside the kick chamber?

I don't know from experience whether or not the Sidewinder will accept a Kick, but I think Mr. Todd delved into that in one of his Sidewinder videos.

Zen Sidewinder - YouTube

Follow Up - Zen Sidewinder - YouTube

I've also seen glass tanks for the SW mentioned, and was wondering if they exist, and are they available? Again, I checked both websites, but found no mention of them.

They exist and they work well. Here's mine:
12368339093_72d683dd32.jpg

I wasn't a big fan of the metal tank and locking mechanism of the stock Sidewinder. I can't stand not being able to see what's going on inside the tank, so I made the switch to the glass tank and standard top cap. Here's what you'll need:
ElectronicStix.Com · REPLACEMENT FUSED QUARTZ TANK - STANDARD
ElectronicStix.Com · ZEN2 Machine Engraved Zenesis Top Cap (Open Draw) Tight Seal

Is one 510 adapter better than the other for any reason?

They look the same on each others' websites. I won't know for sure until mine arrives. From the looks of them, the pin can be adjusted with the use of small o-rings or washers.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
Thanks for all the info FACE MEAT. Your Sidewinder looks sweet there with the glass tank on it. Yeah, without the Kick I doubt I'd love the Sidewinder with a carto tank, but with it I should be able to use my existing Phiniac and IBTanked carto tanks whether I end up liking the genesis style atomizer or not. I'll probably mess around with the original Sidewinder tank a bit first, and if I like it then I'll pick up a glass tank and stainless top cap.

I did watch Todd's review before deciding to buy, and he does say that the anodizing will need to be removed from the inside of the Kick tube in order to use a kick, but there are people who say all kinds of things about Zen products that aren't necessarily accurate, so I wasn't sure if this is correct or not. I guess I'll have to call somebody at Electronicstix or House of Hybrids and find out for sure.

I'll also keep an eye on the low ohm kit and maybe pick one up when they're back in stock.

Pablito

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
New York and England
I need exactly the same as this....I wanted to clean it, as well as install the low ohm kit, but the damn little thing popped apart on me, and I just cant figure out how to put it back together no matter how hard I try. Been searching for info on this, but can't come up with anything.
Thanks all in advance for any help you have :)

Help needed plz :
Zenesis 2 switch Assembly
Was taking switch apart for cleaning and need help putting back together.
Any pics or video would help.
Thanks

joaquingt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
San Francisco
Not so easy for me to call whilst I am in London for a fair while now!! I did think there would be something out there I could find, but after an hour or so of searching, I drew a blank

lets try to do it from the top part of the button.
screw
2 or 3 washers
the part of the switch with an insulator
put the spring between the button with the zen logo and the switch
screw and thats all, ill try to get some pictures for you if i can dissasembly mine, i dont carry an allen key with me.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Pablito

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
New York and England
lets try to do it from the top part of the button.
screw
2 or 3 washers
the part of the switch with an insulator
put the spring between the button with the zen logo and the switch
screw and thats all, ill try to get some pictures for you if i can dissasembly mine, i dont carry an allen key with me.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

That's super info, thanks so much ! :toast:

Just one little question more....when mine flew into pieces, it appears there were 2 springs.....one which remained on the botton post of the button, and a graduated one that flew off but I found again...any advice on where I place that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread