Zenesis Informational/Help thread. Please Post questions and answers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddstar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Spokane
Limited Zen photo-23 (478x503) (478x503).jpg
what exactly were they?

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
this is what i did to my SW, you can do this as a last resort, as it is the switch needs to be fully screwed in, tightly so that the edge comes in contact w/ the outer unanodised ring, I did this so that I would get a better ground and not have to worry about screwing the switch in so tightly.... heres a pic.....
For anyone that considers doing this, please don't. Zen himself has said it is not necessary and strongly advised people against doing so. If you have a sidewinder that is not hitting to your liking, this is NOT the cause unless during manufacturing the anodizing wasn't removed from the top edges of the tubes. In that case, contact Zen or Jason at electronicstix.

That said, if you feel like doing it anyways, it is up to you but others have caused damage to the finish of their pv by using easy off. It is not a recommended practice.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
The difference between springs and magnets is the spring carries current but with magnets, the switch post has to contact the switch body inner wall. The spring can be pressed straight on, the magnets have to be pushed to the side while pushing the switch in.

The screw will make no difference, it's a wise tail. Your stainless screw is perfectly fine.

muddstar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Spokane
Talked to Mike today, as soon as he set up his machinery and kicks out a few more U's,G's, and Pro's the specialty items(limited's) are next. Waited this long, just a bit longer. Fistfull of PV. Maybe I can start my 5th vape year with this.
wow. I'm sorry. I assumed you guys had those a long time ago

vMason

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 5, 2013
orange county
The difference between springs and magnets is the spring carries current but with magnets, the switch post has to contact the switch body inner wall. The spring can be pressed straight on, the magnets have to be pushed to the side while pushing the switch in.

The screw will make no difference, it's a wise tail. Your stainless screw is perfectly fine.

To me, I would think the magnets are better long term (wear etc). Am I in the minority with this thinking? If I wanted to try it with magnets, where would you get them and what are the sizes?

vMason

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 5, 2013
orange county
the magnets can break if you are not careful and let them snap together. I use both, but tend to gravitate to mine that have the spring.

Today is the first full day of vaping with the standard... I've been getting a lot of misfires. I find that I have to rotate the button which moves the spring around to get it to fire again. It's frustrating since it's brand new and I would expect it to only get worse.

Paislia

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
NY, USA
v if it gets worse you could try taking the spring out of the switch and sanding the ends of it a bit. Also sanding down the switch screw head a bit with some 250-400 range sandpaper can help it make better connection with the battery. I've taken the sandpaper lightly to the terminals of the batteries also with notable improvement in power delivery. :)

Congrats on your Zen Standard!

vMason

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 5, 2013
orange county
Thanks for all of the advice. I've sanded the screw and backed out out a bit. Every time I disassemble/reassemble the switch it works great for a while then back to problems.

The last time, I stretched the spring out a bit and it started firing again. I'm thinking it's a problem with the spring. It seems as though is losing contact.

Paislia

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
NY, USA
Hmmmm, have you tried bending the spring? (touching the two ends together?) That made it slightly easier to push for me and seemed to make better contact. (I still prefer the magnets, but they did take some trial and error to get a good activation technique too)

Edit: to be clear, you would bend the spring into a "c" shape, hold for a few seconds, and release. Don't try to put the spring on the switch post sideways . . . . ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread