Zenesis Informational/Help thread. Please Post questions and answers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vMason

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 5, 2013
orange county
Hmmmm, have you tried bending the spring? (touching the two ends together?) That made it slightly easier to push for me and seemed to make better contact. (I still prefer the magnets, but they did take some trial and error to get a good activation technique too)

Edit: to be clear, you would bend the spring into a "c" shape, hold for a few seconds, and release. Don't try to put the spring on the switch post sideways . . . . ;)

I tried it and it works, but only for a little bit. I think the spring is collapsing or at least not holding is original shape

Katz123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Cloverdale, BC, Canada
Hey guys, I got my sidewinder today!!! Thanks so much to Jason from Electronicstix for being such a nice guy!!! I have a question about the placement of the wick/coil and if that is adjustable. I want to know if there is a way to turn the wick and coil to another position so that it is more comfortable to fire it with my right hand. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help.

Katz123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Cloverdale, BC, Canada
Thanks Tiff, but there is something wrong with his vid. It will not play. I will track him down and ask him. If anyone else knows how, I am still wondering...

EDIT: Video is working now...

vmason, contact Jason and he'll take care of you. katz congratz. watch junkyrock:s video . it will show you how..I'm on my phone so i can't link, but it's in, the social group or go to his you tube.

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
For anyone that considers doing this, please don't. Zen himself has said it is not necessary and strongly advised people against doing so. If you have a sidewinder that is not hitting to your liking, this is NOT the cause unless during manufacturing the anodizing wasn't removed from the top edges of the tubes. In that case, contact Zen or Jason at electronicstix.

That said, if you feel like doing it anyways, it is up to you but others have caused damage to the finish of their pv by using easy off. It is not a recommended practice.

Yes i aggree i have seen a few ppl mess up their pv's with easy off and it is not pretty, i was lucky and very careful and so my SW is still pretty but i would not reccommend it for anyone the only reason i did it was to get the kick to work, which i did but i beleicve you could get the same effect by scraping off some of the ano for the kick ground spring.

It will come in 4 sizes :p

4? Whaaaaaaat :confused:

• sent from a janky pos iphone 5 :(

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
they will all be 18490s if they are andyman editions. they were going to have two tank sizes so... maybe that means he'll also have a few mini's and standards too?

Yeah, that's what I meant for the 4.. Mini, standard, 18490 with mini tank, and 18490 with standard tank.

vMason

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 5, 2013
orange county
I'm wondering if anyone has experience this with a ZAP.

I was replacing the could for the first time yesterday and when I tried to unscrew the positive the whole post began to twist with it. I had to pinch the positive shaft with one hand to loosen the screw with the other. This surprised me as I would have assumed this would have been tighter.

Is this normal?

synic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
SLC, Utah
Ok, I got my zenesis. I did the recommended procedure and put some drops of juice on there and burned it dry a few times. The coils seem to light up evenly, however, there is an odd taste to the vapor. Maybe it's metallic? It definitely tastes off. Is this part of the break in, or is there something wrong with the coil?

cryptodogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Cornelia, GA
Ok, I got my zenesis. I did the recommended procedure and put some drops of juice on there and burned it dry a few times. The coils seem to light up evenly, however, there is an odd taste to the vapor. Maybe it's metallic? It definitely tastes off. Is this part of the break in, or is there something wrong with the coil?

A picture of the coils glowing will help in troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread