Zenesis Informational/Help thread. Please Post questions and answers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

synic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
SLC, Utah
A picture of the coils glowing will help in troubleshooting.

IMG_20130123_203650.jpg

They glow pretty evenly when it's dry (though the leads seem to light up faster).

When it's wet, the top lead glows. Is that normal?

cryptodogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Cornelia, GA
IMG_20130123_203650.jpg

They glow pretty evenly when it's dry (though the leads seem to light up faster).

When it's wet, the top lead glows. Is that normal?

No....none of the leads should light up when wet. If the top and bottom leads light up first when dry, it sounds like you need to nudge the coils a bit to get them to fire evenly, even when dry.

Personally, I wrap the negative from the back of the neg to the front of the wick and the positive to the other side of the positive screw....it sounds counter intuitive for the positive screw as you tighten by turning into the wire but that is what was recommended by Zen in his how to vids.....nonetheless....it will work either way. Every coil can be fixed with a bit of adjustment (except a popped coil :)). Suck out your juice and dry burn, use something small to nudge your coils a bit till they all fire evenly when dry....if the bottom light up faster the nudge the lead coming off the negative screw towards the wick, so it makes contact with the mesh with a shorter distance, same with the top....although just moving the middle wraps a bit may clear those two spots without needing to do that. Nudging while firing seems easier to clear hot spots....as when the coil is hot the Kanthal isn't as springy and will adjust and stay how you adjust.

Hope this helps....mess with it a bit and your harsh hits will vanish.

cryptodogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Cornelia, GA
you don't really want any coils glowing once it's wet. take a side pic please. (so I can see how close or far away your top coil is. nudge the bottom up just a tad too.

Definitely nudge the bottom wrap up a bit, especially if your using an insulator as that bottom wrap will melt the insulator not the mesh and inhibit wicking. If you think that may have already happened you may want to pull the wick and clear the mesh from the melted insulator....I received a few Zens that came with a partially melted insulator (nobody's perfect) and was able to pull the mesh and reuse the insulator....the wick had to be replaced though.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
looks like your coils are super super tight...deforming the wick, this can cause the coils to dig into the oxidation and short. some shorts are very hard to tell they are there. and being that the wick is so deformed you may be having wicking trouble at the top.

one last note your wick is too high it cant go past the screw or it will short on the top cap.

Wingnut73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Louisville
Well, it's official! I'm a Zenfidel!!! My zenesis showed up this afternoon!!!!!!!! Im blown away. It is absolutely amazing. I can't say enough about how great my experience with electronicstix was. Excellent communication and 2 day shipping from utah to kentucky. Class act and great service.

My first of probably many questions about the zenesis is cleaning. Any advice on the best way to clean out the tank before the first use? Take the tank off and rinse with water? Leave tank on and syringe water in/out then dry burn?

Paislia

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
NY, USA
Welcome Wingnut!! (it sounds like an insult somehow . . . . :laugh:) - I would go with the syringe method first. Taking the tank off is really best done when there's a little juice on the o-rings to help things along. If you really want to remove the tank first - put a few drops of plain pg or vg in the tank a swirl it around for a minute at least - your hands will thank you :)

Wingnut73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Louisville
Welcome Wingnut!! (it sounds like an insult somehow . . . . :laugh:) - I would go with the syringe method first. Taking the tank off is really best done when there's a little juice on the o-rings to help things along. If you really want to remove the tank first - put a few drops of plain pg or vg in the tank a swirl it around for a minute at least - your hands will thank you :)

Thank you very much for the advice. Worked out great. This zenesis is amazing!!! Vapor and flavor are a night and day difference over my carto tanks.

synic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
SLC, Utah
I'm thinking my problem was just a different taste with the juice I was vaping. I knew it couldn't be that difficult... I have some AGA atomizers that I haven't had any issues with. I tried two other juices in there and they taste fantastic.

One of them is Pluid (it just looks so cool in the Zenesis). There are some citrusy finishing notes to that juice that I only get for the first one or two drags after dripping that I get every drag on the Zen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread