ZFM Zero Filler Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherice

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Instead of making a bigger hole try a slit or to from where the hole starts .. also a taller straw will make the hole open up more cause the bridge of the atty will stick in further.. I dont have any H/V mods other then a barleby wich is around 4.1-3.8v but let me know how it works!

btw tony my expresso's are off the friggin chain;)
I guess I should have mentioned, I am using this mod at 5v on the Xhaler :)

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
I keep waiting for this not to work but so far it's working. I'd like to find an easier way to make a small hole in the center as the hole works better for me. Also, how big can the hole be made before it leaks. It seems to run a bit dry when chain vaping. I ask because I'd like to try this on a HV mod which sucks up the juice.

Yeah Im going to be hitting up lowes they im sure they have a 2mm punch there or somthing that would work.. ahhh I love Lowes!

Also try a taller straw just a lil but taller makes a big difrence Im still playing with difrent hights the one im using now has the plug just barley below the rim of the cart and Im chain vaping to the point im starting to get a headach:(

opps you already doing that..

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
I keep waiting for this not to work but so far it's working. I'd like to find an easier way to make a small hole in the center as the hole works better for me. Also, how big can the hole be made before it leaks. It seems to run a bit dry when chain vaping. I ask because I'd like to try this on a HV mod which sucks up the juice.

Air traped? :)

If you make the hole big enough it will start to leak.

If you want to chain vape i got the fix for ya.. just gona take me a little to find the time as i have a funeral to attend Tuesday and the Wake all day tomorrow.

I'd be interested if high a high voltage mod will cook this.. as i've just discovered that 6 volts will start to melt the blue foam!

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Yeah Im going to be hitting up lowes they im sure they have a 2mm punch there or somthing that would work.. ahhh I love Lowes!

Try craft stores/craft departments too. I got a set of mini punches (for scrapbooking I think) in the craft section of a local discount store.

Also try a taller straw just a lil but taller makes a big difrence Im still playing with difrent hights the one im using now has the plug just barley below the rim of the cart and Im chain vaping to the point im starting to get a headach:(

How about making a cart mold for a visual reference of where the plug needs to go? I have NOT tried this yet. The idea is not to make a working cart but make one that will show you exactly how far the atty goes into the cart.

Take some cotton and loosely stuff the cart level with the rim of the cart.
Dampen the cotton slightly with a few drops of water and trim off any stray fibers. Damp cotten tends not to spring back and that's what we want in this case.
Now stick the cart onto the atty and pull it back off (it may help to let it sit for a bit). Ideally, you now have a cart with an atty-shaped depression so you can see just where the plug needs to be.

pmd

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Boston,MA
Gotta tell ya Scottyballs, this thing works great so far,on my 2nd filled cart. Only punched a pinhole or 2 in the center. Maybe I'l lucky that it sits at the right spot in the cart but it's pretty amazing.
What's killing me is inserting it and trying to get it right without it falling in and me having to fish it out.
I only have 1 done, I don't have a lot of carts and don't want to use up the caps as I use them to carry extra carts around.
If anyone knows where to find some of this stuff that you could use other than the caps, that would be great.

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
I need a video to understand. I think I understand, until you get to the straw.
Not sure after that.
The straw slides down the cart and is just there to hold up the plug

I like this...I just did it and so far so good.

Thanks for sharing Scotty!
Welcome

I'm glad you like it!:)

I tried a 1/8 drill bit to open up a small hole. It kinda worked, it left a chunk of silicone that I then had to cut off with a razor. Keep us updated about the punch, would love to get one too!
Yeah thats what I used at first the silicon is so soft its hard to get a pretty hole

Try craft stores/craft departments too. I got a set of mini punches (for scrapbooking I think) in the craft section of a local discount store. How about making a cart mold for a visual reference of where the plug needs to go? I have NOT tried this yet. The idea is not to make a working cart but make one that will show you exactly how far the atty goes into the cart.
Take some cotton and loosely stuff the cart level with the rim of the cart.
Dampen the cotton slightly with a few drops of water and trim off any stray fibers. Damp cotten tends not to spring back and that's what we want in this case.
Now stick the cart onto the atty and pull it back off (it may help to let it sit for a bit). Ideally, you now have a cart with an atty-shaped depression so you can see just where the plug needs to be.
I beleave Eclypse has a cut away view with his blue foam mod might help

Let me know how fast this empties the cart. I tried the brass mess but had to reload to often. The method I use now last me anywhere to an hour or so.
That depends on how much you vape Im getting about 4 hours but I may not be vaping as much as you..

buttercrunch

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Oregon
Don't toss the rest of the silicone cap, I made 3 plugs from one cap..the first one from the base, then I flattened the rest out and made two more. I used a felt pen to wet the edge of the cart opening then stamped an impression onto a piece of paper (to make a little template of the cart opening), laid the silicone on top the outline and cut out 2 more plugs.

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
Don't toss the rest of the silicone cap, I made 3 plugs from one cap..the first one from the base, then I flattened the rest out and made two more. I used a felt pen to wet the edge of the cart opening then stamped an impression onto a piece of paper (to make a little template of the cart opening), laid the silicone on top the outline and cut out 2 more plugs.

Yes.. I was just about to mention there's plenty material left over to make more...

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
Gotta tell ya Scottyballs, this thing works great so far,on my 2nd filled cart. Only punched a pinhole or 2 in the center. Maybe I'l lucky that it sits at the right spot in the cart but it's pretty amazing.
What's killing me is inserting it and trying to get it right without it falling in and me having to fish it out.
I only have 1 done, I don't have a lot of carts and don't want to use up the caps as I use them to carry extra carts around.
If anyone knows where to find some of this stuff that you could use other than the caps, that would be great.
I'm going to try and make a sheet of it with silicone caulk, or try dipping a cart in a thin sheet of wet silicone like a cookie cutter.

The pin holes sound like the way to, gonna try that, maybe a hot pin..
I only have 4 caps here, they're not all the same, the one I'm using is nice and thin and floppy, the others are little thicker and stiffer.

pmd

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Boston,MA

Am I a dope, didn't even think of that, THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread