ZFM Zero Filler Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadeyeTony

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Michigan
You'd be better off trying to figure out how to get the bridge all the way into the plug so its making contact with the juice.. have it somewhat sealed around the bridge but still juice is gota get through somehow to the wick and down to the coil.

I'm using the high bridge 901s and this is exactly what is happening for me. The wick goes through the hole, the silicone forms a nice seal, and all is good. Now you guys with the low bridge, I'm not so sure. But this is absolutely the perfect mod for high bridge atties.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
You guys should just drill a bunch of 16th of an inch diameter holes in the plug to make it like a shower head. I'm sure all the plug is doing is acting like a slow leaking fauset.

Your making a hole in a plug that supposivly the atty bridge is touching and sucking juice threw.. when all its doing is either blocking the hole and theres a slight crack peeking threw for the jucie to drip.. too much of an opening exposed and its flooding the atty as its coming threw too fast.

You may not exactly understand how the bridge of the atty works and the dynamics of the nickel mesh material.

All that really needs to happen is to have the very tip of the bridge directly contact the liquid. From there the mesh will carry the liquid down to the sides of the ceramic atomization pot... and in the case of the Joye 510... to the supplemental wick.

Covering the entire bridge with liquid is not necessary (and in most cases, it is not desired).

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
I just vaped 2ml in the last hour...

Can't get better than that.

lol.. Im guessing you would fall in the heavy vapor catagory:D

How about the flavor? I am getting a awsome flavor from this.. my cappiccino just taste off the freaking chain, yesterday it was thin mint, but the flavor seems better for some reason not sure why but its better then the other mods ive tried...

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
I believe with this material the center hole could be quite large and it still wouldn't leak. Round or rectangle or even square wouldn't matter. As long as it rests on the wick. Later I am going to try to make the center hole bigger for refilling purposes.

Give it a try a rectangle hole about the same size as the wick might work pretty good.. let me know what you find out..

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
I see thats pretty low you still get a throat hit at that level? I need to cut my down also Im getting headachs from 24mg pretty often

Nope, not really... I am using clove, so this helps... It is a bit harsher, yet does not feel like a cig drag. I add a drop or two of 37.5mg once in a while when I NEED the extra nic/hit. Alcohol helps, but I do not want to smell like a "Still" here at work (any more than normal hehehee).

Now that you mention it, I really don't. I didn't notice until now. The evening while having a few is when I crave the throat hits.

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
I think during the day at work, I just want the act. Hand to mouth all day long.

Plumes of vapor with 30% vg, but I change it up here and there.

CRAP, now I want a good throat hit... I brought my VG nic fluid, and my premixed clove with almost none...

Lunch I will be taking to get some PGA, Menthol, and PG 37.5mg from home.

BLA!

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
I think during the day at work, I just want the act. Hand to mouth all day long.

Plumes of vapor with 30% vg, but I change it up here and there.

CRAP, now I want a good throat hit... I brought my VG nic fluid, and my premixed clove with almost none...

Lunch I will be taking to get some PGA, Menthol, and PG 37.5mg from home.

BLA!

LOL!! sorry for pushing you off the wagon then backing over you:D

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
this is AWESOME!!!! :D

I have one with straw (just like your method Scotty) and one without a straw as it is much thicker silicone (from a cap for the SE carts)

I used my needle nose pliers to make the hole and it works great for the thin one (w/straw) and actually notched a piece out of the thicker plug...still fiddling with both as it is a pain to get them in exactly right (without slipping down etc...

Great work Scotty!!! The search may in fact be over!

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
Okay, I'm at work now, but I wanted to catch up so I wouldn't be too many pages behind when I get home. I've got some of these at home...

silicone-cupcakes.jpg

I wonder if they're thick enough? My cart caps seem pretty thick. But it would be a great way to color code your carts. Invisibly. From the inside.

I think it might be easy to cut a tic-tac-toe pattern. You know, #. With the legs being 2mm. That would give you a square hole in the middle and when the wick is inserted it would open and close. Like the X or * pattern, but with a distinct "hole". That's probably what I'll try first. Besides, I know where the razor blade cutter is. I think....

--Prof Daffy
P.S. Why do the best ideas come when I'm leaving for work or after I just got back from the store.

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
P. daffy that looks good if there to thin try to do a double layer.. I like the tictactoe cross cut idea... if you have a micro screwdriver set maybe the large flat head will would work good to make them lines there pretty sharp.. from what Ive found its somwhat hard using the stock caps cause even with a razor the silicone tends to want to pull when making cuts because its so soft.. not that big of a deal but time consuming.

heres one for you daffy..

--Scottyballs
P.S. Warning... when the wife finds holes in her cupcake cups she will unleash a wrath of hurt

Last edited:

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
What are those cupcake cups made of? Foam rubber?

The muffin cups are silicone. I have some too and I have a feeling they will be too thin, they are very floppy. Before I gave up cooking they were AWESOME for baking though!

I went to the dollar store and got a silicone pot holder. It has thick bumps all over it but the spaces in between the bumps are more than big enough to cut out plugs. It is pretty close to the same thickness as the cart caps.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
OK, trying this now. so far, no leaks or flooding. Was definitely pretty easy - I used a sharp utility knife. I recommend cutting it a little big and trimming to fit. If you cut it too small, you can't fix it! LOL

I found one part of my pointy tweezers pushed into the X pops the plug right out for refilling, but I think now is the time to order those needle-tip bottles! I like how these look, because you can cut the tip as wide as you need it for the viscosity of your liquid:

3188-NeedleBottle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread