zmax + protank II problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekidzac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
okay here's the problem... i just got a zmax v5 in the mail and threw my protank II on top. when i took a draw it was perfect, but i noticed the protank was a wee bit wobbly. if i tighten to "no-wobble" then severely reduced airflow happens.... i like a decent airflow and with it a little loose it works amazing.... i think its a problem with the 510 receiving end on the zmax because the protank goes on my eGo battery just fine. its not a huge problem i can just forsee it getting worse.

heres my question(s): is there a quick/easy fix for this? anyone ever seen it (im sure they have)? (im thinking foil or something on the protank would help but i dont wanna "ghetto rig" this thing without asking first and afraid it will mess with my resistance or something.)

also, running it at 7.5W right now and getting greatness, whats everyones opinion on setting for protank II (stock 2.6ohm coils). whats my upper limit going to be?

next question: if i build my own coil, how do i get a bigger hit (not talking cloud chasing here, just want to get same size hit with shorter pull and not burn out my coil)? im going to be reading a bunch about it but i always get quick and great answers on here because all you pros friggin rock!

side semi-related question: noalox? read something somewhere on here, but wanted more info. good for my threads (they are just a BIT sqeaky)? i just want to set this thing up right and maintain it so it will last me. i really like taking care of anything i can, some would say i baby stuff lol. would it help the wobbly protank issue?

bigrf85

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
jax, fl
my pt2 does the same thing on my magneto but i can fix this by screwing the center pin on the magneto up a bit to raise the tank a bit and still be tight enough for the wobble to go away only thing i can think of is to get a air flow controller to go between the tank and battery (basically a better looking 510 to 510 adapter) or if there is a spacer available somewhere

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Last edited:

thekidzac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Have you tried fitting the Protank onto the Sigelei 510/eGo connector with the Sigelei top cap removed?

oh my god, i feel dumb. when i was first toying with the set up i tried the adapter/skirt thing to see how it looked, didnt look good so threw it back in the box....... it works!!!!!!! leaves a bit of a gap at the base of it because when i screw all the way down, no airflow, but it works its just aesthetics so i will look for a 510~510 connecter that fits it good like bigrf suggests. MY POINT IS: it works and i thank you so much for the advice!!!

my pt2 does the same thing on my magneto but i can fix this by screwing the center pin on the magneto up a bit to raise the tank a bit and still be tight enough for the wobble to go away only thing i can think of is to get a air flow controller to go between the tank and battery (basically a better looking 510 to 510 adapter) or if there is a spacer available somewhere

the eGo to 510 connector thing work but thanks for the tip on a spacer/airflow controller i am now in search of one, let me know if you have any hot leads! THANKS!!!

If the tube threads squeak clean all of them with a soft cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol. Some machining residue may have been left on the threads. Then apply Noalox

Yes, Noalox is recommended for the Sigelei Zmax Telescopics. This post for the V3 is very useful for new V3/V5 users.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...r-reports-one-week-later-39.html#post11537683

okay, about to read the entire thread but first, thanks so much for the advice, going to go get some noalox and disassemble this thing and give it a very thorough cleaning/prepping to get it ready for our wonderful life together lol

Yellow Hawk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The kid Zac had the answer. I've had that before a couple times, but, I got an adapter, from 510 to 510, everywhere sells them. a couple bucks, VERY liable to solve the issue. Air holes, are on the part of your protank, that screws into battery, right at the top of the threads. If they bottom out, BAD air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread