ZMAx V2 Fire Button Sticking

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpman

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
NorCal
I purchased a SS ZMax V2 from MV at a killer price last week and I'm having a problem with the fire button sticking. I'm using a Panny IMR Hybrid 18650 flat top battery. It seems like the battery spring puts a lot of pressure on the main board, causing it to get a little crooked in the tube. When this happens the fire button sticks. The only way to get it unstuck is to press it repeatedly or bang the tube against my palm. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix? MV claims they haven't heard of the problem. They are willing to replace it but they are out of stock for about two weeks. I thought maybe I could snip a coil or two off of the battery spring, but I didn't want to void my warranty either...help!!

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
I'd try not screwing the end cap all the way so it doesn't put as much pressure on the electronics board to see if that fixes the problem. If it does then your probably right. If it doesn't fix the sticky switch problem then it's probably something else making the switch stick.
I've also worried about too much tension on the board due to the pressure exerted by the end cap spring. Even though I haven't had that sticky switch problem I do use the extender cap (the one you're supposed to use when using the 18350 batteries) when using the 18650 battery because it puts less pressure on the circuit board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread