ZNA PRO - Discuss the upcoming release of a legendary partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Feel free to speculate, commiserate, and banter about the upcoming release of the ZNA PRO 60w APV. To start the thread I have pasted a recent post by Zen regarding the device below.

* The ZNA PRO will feature the Radius 60 Watt Board, Three Buttons (Of Course)
* The METAL Body (there will be choices of metals) is pure Art-Deco ZNA styling all the way.
* 18650 Battery Size (Flat or Button)
* On-Board Charging
* FULLY Z2, 510 AND P3 compatible
* Existing Z2 490 battery tubes will fit and are interchangeable... You read that correctly... we are fitting an 18650 Battery into the original 490 Tube.
* The device is 1/2" Taller than the legacy ZNA30 and a little bit wider. It is slightly taller than radius, about the same width, but 1/4 smaller front to back.

There will be more announcements as we approach the dealer release date. The date will be announced later as well.

The device is essentially a restyle of the 60 Watt Radius.

I initially presented the 40 watt version at Vape Fest in Las Vegas in February, but I knew the 60 watt was on the horizon and my dealers and I decided to play the waiting game and hold out for the 60 watt version.

And those that have seen it, tested it and are currently chomping at the bit to have one, have all loved it!

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I have exactly zero experience with new roll-outs by HoH so I shall be the "Glass Half Full" guy for a change. :D

I am not too concerned about potential roll-out issues considering it is based on a proven board and a proven mod from the previous incarnation. Knowing that the Radius board's firmware is able to be updated gives me more confidence.

I say this knowing I have had some things I am not 100% happy with, with aspects of devices from both collaborators (from roll out purchases) but the positives far far outweigh the negatives.

...and I want a copper mod! :D

... hoped for 26650 though ;-)

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
... hoped for 26650 though ;-)[/QUOTE said:
I used to say that too until I had to start lugging them around. I'm putting 18650's in almost all my 26650 devices these days just for the weight factor alone.

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
I just wonder how they will get 1.5 Hamsters in there?!?

I mean, is 60 watts possible for an 18650 battery?

LOLz

The first of my Obsidian Zenkote parts showed up today, a Z2 490 body tube. I'm more curious how they gonna stuff an 18650 in there much less how many watts it's gonna push. Good thing I top out around 8-9 watts so aint finna matter much...I suspect an extension built into the top of the device frame that houses the battery.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
The first of my Obsidian Zenkote parts showed up today, a Z2 490 body tube. I'm more curious how they gonna stuff an 18650 in there much less how many watts it's gonna push. Good thing I top out around 8-9 watts so aint finna matter much...I suspect an extension built into the top of the device frame that houses the battery.

1.2 Ohms at 16-18watts is my preferred so 18650 will be good - if using the CC then my wattage may increase with certain builds, so longer battery life is certainly a plus i.e. 26650.

But at the end of the day, I will take a quality device taking single 18650 over an average double 18650 or 26650

At 8 -9 watts then a smaller battery is not much of an issue either way.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Herein lies the problem...

If tubes are interchangable, what keeps me from using an 18350 tube with an 18490 battery?

We will see.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I like the 26650 in my 60w dicodes No6 - sometimes I take it on my long dog- walks but most often I enjoy it at home. Its certainly not a deal breaker though ;-)

Same here.

The No 6 was actually smaller than I imagined it. It's not a lightweight by any means but the vape is so excellent and the battery life so long that I forgive its chubbiness.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014

I am not concerned about a 60 watt mod with an 18650 battery for the same reason - MTL low watt vapor. The Pico mod the battery cap extends above the body of the device to accommodate an 18650.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Should be a good one, but is it me or is anyone else seeing A developing trend here. This is the second mod to come out since Aug, 8th that resembles another Mod already out.
So is this a sign of things to come?
The FDA Workaround I'm going to call it

Last edited:

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Should be a good one, but is it me or is anyone else seeing A developing trend here. This is the second mod to come out since Aug, 8th that resembles another Mod already out.
So is this a sign of things to come?
The FDA Workaround I'm going to call it

Perhaps it is, hard to say. What I can say is, having read the FDA regs (All 500 miserable, disgusting, lying, filthy, unwashed, tyrannical, despotic, misleading, fecal-filled, liberty stealing pages of it) that any change to any thing on a device would require a re-submission. So it would not really benefit them to use previous designs and make changes to it to dodge the rules. Course what do I know when it comes to deciphering the diabolical writings of some federal troglodyte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread