ZNA PRO - Discuss the upcoming release of a legendary partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Just out of curiosity, what did you ask them?
The following is a, "copy, paste" of my email minus my name:

Hello,

Could you please inform me where the VO chipset is manufactured (country of origin)?

Thank you,

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Since it still seems to be a question mark, I did a lil research. Found this on Alibaba's page for the VO Chipset under the company profile. Seems pretty straight forward but hey, who knows...

Brand Name:
VO TECH
Business Type: Manufacturer
Main Products: electronic cigarette kit,e-cigarette mod,ecigarette atomizer,e-cig accessory,organic liquid
Total Annual Revenue: US$10 Million - US$50 Million
Top 3 Markets: North America 40.00%Western Europe 35.00%Domestic Market 10.00%

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Since it still seems to be a question mark, I did a lil research. Found this on Alibaba's page for the VO Chipset under the company profile. Seems pretty straight forward but hey, who knows...

Brand Name:
VO TECH
Business Type: Manufacturer
Main Products: electronic cigarette kit,e-cigarette mod,ecigarette atomizer,e-cig accessory,organic liquid
Total Annual Revenue: US$10 Million - US$50 Million
Top 3 Markets: North America 40.00%Western Europe 35.00%Domestic Market 10.00%
No wonder they didn't reply.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Those people that make the boards that are rumored to be in Zen's mods never replied to my email sent 04Mar :nah:

Were they rumored or did Zen himself say those were the boards they were using? I thought I recall a post on his site...

You're talking, VO, correct? The Dagger folks.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Reactions: AstroTurf

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Me thinks the "he said" and "who said" is right here:;)

For those that may not have seen this — The ZVO.... coming soon.

"So... what's it going to be? Well... look at the name of the thing? ZVO... yep... we're planning on using the VOchipset...."

Last edited:

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I don't get why he's making it out in that article like it's this huge deal to machine a peice of aluminum? It's really not, alpinetech do it all the time and sell them for ~$20.
Some of us are aghast (cough) at the implication that Zen might be inclined to add a touch of hyperbole to a situation.
Zen is kinda ... melodramatic, if you read his site, many/most of his blog posts are rants. His estimates of time for various projects are also taken from another universe where "soon" means in a year or two or whenever I get around to it (or never).

OTOH he sporadically releases really cool gear, so, there's that. All in all makes him about the same as Imeo ;-) "Soon" = half a decade, and I absolutely believe whatever it is that I'm saying right at this moment, despite the fact that it may have nothing whatsoever to do with that mythical place called the real world, because facts only get in the way of things.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Feel free to speculate, commiserate, and banter about the upcoming release of the ZNA PRO 60w APV. To start the thread I have pasted a recent post by Zen regarding the device below.

* The ZNA PRO will feature the Radius 60 Watt Board, Three Buttons (Of Course)
* The METAL Body (there will be choices of metals) is pure Art-Deco ZNA styling all the way.
* 18650 Battery Size (Flat or Button)
* On-Board Charging
* FULLY Z2, 510 AND P3 compatible
* Existing Z2 490 battery tubes will fit and are interchangeable... You read that correctly... we are fitting an 18650 Battery into the original 490 Tube.
* The device is 1/2" Taller than the legacy ZNA30 and a little bit wider. It is slightly taller than radius, about the same width, but 1/4 smaller front to back.

There will be more announcements as we approach the dealer release date. The date will be announced later as well.

The device is essentially a restyle of the 60 Watt Radius.

I initially presented the 40 watt version at Vape Fest in Las Vegas in February, but I knew the 60 watt was on the horizon and my dealers and I decided to play the waiting game and hold out for the 60 watt version.

And those that have seen it, tested it and are currently chomping at the bit to have one, have all loved it!

:thumb:

23-Aug-2016 (OP)

Yeah, @schismz, we know.

:tumble::pop:

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
What really makes me angry (er) is the fact that I will be forced to purchase his device from an overseas vendor and hope it makes it back to the states in one piece. I hope someone in the new administration takes a digital baseball bat to the FDA and clubs them into a non-regulatory submission. 2 part Zen rant on the state of affiars. Did not link Part 1 of 3 just FYI

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
What really makes me angry (er) is the fact that I will be forced to purchase his device from an overseas vendor and hope it makes it back to the states in one piece. I hope someone in the new administration takes a digital baseball bat to the FDA and clubs them into a non-regulatory submission. 2 part Zen rant on the state of affiars. Did not link Part 1 of 3 just FYI

You've got a nice mod or three from overseas, Dashman. No worries.

We are vapers!!! ;):D

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
You've got a nice mod or three from overseas, Dashman. No worries.

Truth. But annoying and frustrating all the same. I should not have to despise my government for idiotic antics every time I turn around these days.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Truth. But annoying and frustrating all the same. I should not have to despise my government for idiotic antics every time I turn around these days.

I've long been a a lost cause in THAT regard. Inmates & asylums.

I'm not worried about it 'cause I ain't buying it!
:rickroll:

"Problem" Solving 101.

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
I'm not worried about it 'cause I ain't buying it!
:rickroll:

At this point, would have to be a very special device indeed for me to buy it. I scratched my most recent mod itch with this.

If it's na' Scottish, It's craaaaap!

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
I found mine too.
2a0015.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread