ZNA PRO - Discuss the upcoming release of a legendary partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Given that he said they are incorporating the Z2 490 battery tube into the design, not sure how boxy it's gonna be. But who knows with the HoH folks[emoji106]

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

I think a rounded ergonomic design like the ZNA, wide enough to be viewed as a box mod, but less boxy than the radius.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
* The ZNA PRO will feature the Radius 60 Watt Board, Three Buttons (Of Course)
* The METAL Body (there will be choices of metals) is pure Art-Deco ZNA styling all the way.
* 18650 Battery Size (Flat or Button)
* On-Board Charging
* FULLY Z2, 510 AND P3 compatible
* Existing Z2 490 battery tubes will fit and are interchangeable... You read that correctly... we are fitting an 18650 Battery into the original 490 Tube.
* The device is 1/2" Taller than the legacy ZNA30 and a little bit wider. It is slightly taller than radius, about the same width, but 1/4 smaller front to back.

Methinks he's pretty much laid it all out here...minus the words "It's gonna be a big, fat ZNA."

My wallet is definitely disappointed to re-read the part about the choice of metals...cuz my brain will likely want one of each option.

Two ZNA PROs are already on the menu.

I mean, I know it's going to be just like the two Radii that currently stand in my rotation, functionally speaking.

And I'm quite pleased with the "form follows function" aesthetic of the existing Radius as it is.

But I'll be damned if I'm not in love with what Mike (@Zen~) does with metal!

Edit: Spaced the block of words out. (I know how much editing posts bothers some people.)

Last edited:

Knifemaker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Central Texas
I don't know what the price is going to be. I do know, that there has been so many orders from dealers around the world, and worry about availability upon initial release, that HOH has decided to change the initial run of 1000 units, to 5000 units. (This should make it a LOT easier to obtain on here in the U.S.).

This, combined with the decision between Provape, Dealers, and ZEN to wait for the 60w chip rather than send it out with the 40W chip, before the New Chip was ready, is most of what is taking the time. That, and reconfiguring the compartment for the new chip, as otherwise, the units were already complete, and awaiting the existing chip, before the intro of the 60w chip.
this not only necessitated setting on inventory, (At no small cost, especially after the flood damage to HOH), but Re-machining the units to accept the new 60 watter. Zen wanted every thing exact. Not simply stuffed in! But of high quality, befitting an HOH Product.

(Roping for the benefit of Astro. LOL)

Knife

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
HOH has decided to change the initial run of 1000 units, to 5000 units. (This should make it a LOT easier to obtain one here in the U.S.)

Thank you, my friend!

Do we have any word on which US vendors will carry them?

I can imagine the ZFO and Provape for sure.
VapinArt, HHV, maybe VapeRev?

I would certainly hope the U.S. would be the EASIEST place to get one.
Maybe he will do an early U.S. release, and then release to the rest of the world a week later, like the opposite of what SvoëMesto did with the Kayfun 5.

Reactions: NotSoMini

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Zen wanted every thing exact. Not simply stuffed in! But of high quality, befitting an HOH Product.

(Roping for the benefit of Astro. LOL)

Knife
I think Mike should speak for himself...

You, Not so much!

Jim

PS He's too busy don't cut it for me. I wonder how many others feel as I do?

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
Giving the track record of the Sidewinder and ZNA releases.....I sure hope he gets all the bugs worked out prior to release. I do remember/recall reading the threads about batteries and watts. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say now.

PS He is too busy.......aint cutting it here either

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
So how can they introduce a new product after 8/8?

Word on the street is he had it up for pre-order to dealers back in Jan/Feb of this year.
Therefore, it was "technically" on the market before 8/8/16.

I don't know if that's a real legal loophole or not, but I'd have to guess it is. I can't imagine someone like Zen cranking out a device he wouldn't be allowed to sell.
Especially now that we have reports of the production line being ramped up from 1,000 initial units to 5,000...
Say what you want about the man, but that's a whole lot of silly if he isn't allowed to sell them. And silly is one thing he is not.

Reactions: Ed_C

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Word on the street is he had it up for pre-order to dealers back in Jan/Feb of this year.
Therefore, it was "technically" on the market before 8/8/16.

I don't know if that's a real legal loophole or not, but I'd have to guess it is. I can't imagine someone like Zen cranking out a device he wouldn't be allowed to sell.
Especially now that we have reports of the production line being ramped up from 1,000 initial units to 5,000...
Say what you want about the man, but that's a whole lot of silly if he isn't allowed to sell them. And silly is one thing he is not.

I was thinking that they had to have sold "some" units before that date, but I'm not really sure about that. But like you said, that would be a "whole lot of silly" if he didn't have that worked out. ;)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Giving the track record of the Sidewinder and ZNA releases.....I sure hope he gets all the bugs worked out prior to release. I do remember/recall reading the threads about batteries and watts. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say now.

PS He is too busy.......aint cutting it here either

I'm HOPING, with my fingers crossed, that the launch will go off without a hitch...seeing as the Radius chip is already tried and true.
I keep having flashbacks about those ZNA days too, but Evolv's whole track record is scarred with such stories.
Other than build design (how the known-good chip is designed to fit in the ZNA PRO body), I can't really think of any issues that would arise.

---------GENERAL STATEMENT----------
As far as the busy thing?

I don't presume to know what he's up to, and I appreciate any updates we get, regardless of who it comes from...as long as that person is credible.

I know Knife and Zen seem to have a strong friendship and line of communication, so I'm not worried about not hearing from Zen directly.

When I think of Zen, I remember the following:
1. ZFO flooded and nearly destroyed
2. ZFO transferring to new owners
3. Zen dealing with the regs, and how it affects his business
4. The switch from Radius40 to Radius60 boards
5. Above all else, Zen's dedication to getting smokers off cigs, and keeping them off cigs.

He doesn't answer to any of us in the sense that he's gonna pop onto the forum, just because people are getting impatient and snippy (not directed solely at you Gin828).
He's got a lot on his plate, and a lot of irons in the fire.

Until any one of us truly knows what it's taking to be a small vape company, trying to stay alive after the Regs (and having the shop nearly destroyed), I really don't think anyone has the right to demand his presence here.

Regardless of his presence here on the forum, people are either going to buy the ZNA PRO or not.
His products speak for themselves, his reputation as a craftsman and dedicated vaper is legendary.

If him not being on the forum causes someone to NOT buy this new device, I really don't think he's gonna lose sleep over it. Because someone else will gladly step in and order one.

He truly has a lot of bigger fish to fry, and someone having a personal vendetta against him is the least of his worries.

But that's just my OPINION, from my PERSPECTIVE. I feel it takes a lot of things into account, which others may overlook.

Take it as you wish.
(Again, not directed solely at you Gin828).

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
---------GENERAL STATEMENT----------
As far as the busy thing?

I don't presume to know what he's up to, and I appreciate any updates we get, regardless of who it comes from...as long as that person is credible.

I know Knife and Zen seem to have a strong friendship and line of communication, so I'm not worried about not hearing from Zen directly.

When I think of Zen, I remember the following:
1. ZFO flooded and nearly destroyed
2. ZFO transferring to new owners
3. Zen dealing with the regs, and how it affects his business
4. The switch from Radius40 to Radius60 boards
5. Above all else, Zen's dedication to getting smokers off cigs, and keeping them off cigs.

He doesn't answer to any of us in the sense that he's gonna pop onto the forum, just because people are getting impatient and snippy (not directed solely at you Gin828).
He's got a lot on his plate, and a lot of irons in the fire.

Until any one of us truly knows what it's taking to be a small vape company, trying to stay alive after the Regs (and having the shop nearly destroyed), I really don't think anyone has the right to demand his presence here.

Regardless of his presence here on the forum, people are either going to buy the ZNA PRO or not.
His products speak for themselves, his reputation as a craftsman and dedicated vaper is legendary.

If him not being on the forum causes someone to NOT buy this new device, I really don't think he's gonna lose sleep over it. Because someone else will gladly step in and order one.

He truly has a lot of bigger fish to fry, and someone having a personal vendetta against him is the least of his worries.

But that's just my OPINION, from my PERSPECTIVE. I feel it takes a lot of things into account, which others may overlook.

Take it as you wish.
(Again, not directed solely at you Gin828).
Your Opinion Noted...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I was thinking that they had to have sold "some" units before that date, but I'm not really sure about that. But like you said, that would be a "whole lot of silly" if he didn't have that worked out. ;)

Ya know I thought that too...
It's quite possible he did sell some of the early Radius40 models.
If he did that, I'm sure it would be to people who could keep the secret.

I can imagine him "selling" a few to some trusted people, so that way he can say they were "on the market and sold before 8/8/16".

Kinda like when you "buy" a car from a friend or family member. No money actually changes hands, but you tell the DMV it was a $500 sale.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
With Mike's close association with ProVape I'm sure he had advanced notice of the 60 watt board and had devices before the August deadline.
Egg Zackley!!!

I myself am pretty much done buyin stuff.

No more novelties, I want stuff that works and will keep on workin for a long time.

ProVape has fulfilled those needs.

This item may become a want, but is definitely not a need... Time Will Tell.

Jim

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
And as far as the release goes, Mike has been immersed in mastering the art of hand engraving. I would almost bet that the initial release will consist of a number of one-of-a-kind hand engraved devices. There is another mod manufacturer that he works with that does stab-wood devices. Wouldn't that be nice? A one of a kind, stab-wood box mod with exposed, hand engraved tubes?

Patience people...

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I wouldn't think that if they had the 40 watt board in them, that the FDA would consider it the same device.
Yeah that's what the Regs seem to say.

I wish they'd written them in plain English, instead of Legalese.
With their lawyer-lingo, a sentence starts making sense, and then it pulls a verbal U-turn!

But, from what I understand, the 60-watt boards came out before 8/8, and Zen chose them for the PRO before 8/8.
Maybe he sold a few of those too? Or maybe pre-orders are enough to qualify a device as being on the market?

I've been waiting to try out that Guo Vape Altus T1, which has been on pre-order since before 8/8 also.
I hope pre-orders qualify.

If not, it's just one more layer of SUCK the Regs contain.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
All I really know is what Zen posted on the Kabuki thread in the ProVi sub-forum......where he has permission to post from ProVi. A reminder -- He can't post here.

With Mike's close association with ProVape I'm sure he had advanced notice of the 60 watt board and had devices before the August deadline.

I agree. Plus one of his retailers is in the same building as his shop---super easy to sell one.

I don't think it is really accurate to say the 60 watt board is proven.....it's only been in public hands for a few weeks. That said, I have no issue with any of my ProVi boards, and never have. Their prototype work has faired much better than other brands and non-brands for these past 6 years.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
I am not chomping at the bit to get a ZNA-PRO, when it's ready he will release it. I would like to hear about his stance on the 60w/18650. I own quite a few HoH devices and would recommend them to most vapers. Whether or not Zen posts in response to any thread doesn't effect my decision to buy a product made him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread