ZNA PRO - Discuss the upcoming release of a legendary partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I'm gonna throw a two cents moment out here. Lots of folks rushed stuff to market pre 8/8/16 via pre-orders and these things have been hitting the streets. Pretty soon things should get quiet in the US as to anything new and exciting, life is going to get boring for those vapers who always want some new toy...I think Zen will wait till then to drop this little gem on us. Heck it's already time where Labor Day is upon us, seems like the fourth was just around the corner. Halloween will here before you know it and then ThanksGiving...Hmmm, pumpkins or turkey, I'll put my bet on the bird on this one...maybe I'll be able to save enough pennies by then.
I agree about things quieting down, however I do so from a different point of view.

My Provaris, carto tanks, and Kayfuns have kept me comfortable in a very affordable way, in an unexpected financial way. They're cheap to own and maintain. Thus I've been saving.

About 12 months ago, I started compiling my lists of things I would NEED to continue vaping, after the regs.

About 8 months ago, I revved up the engine on my hoarding tendencies, and started stockpiling hardware, wick, wire, spare parts, etc.

About 6 months ago, I took the gloves off (meaning I brought out my credit cards), and started doing my best impression of a high school tween with mommy & daddy's credit cards.

I started gluing my face to the Classifieds, and hunting down old websites, and scouring current vendors, for all the shiny I had always wanted but never bought.
New mods, gently used mods, accessories and add-ons for tanks and mods, even some tutti-fru-fru things like the J-UU-L. I pretty much didn't hold back like I have been the last 4-5 years.

When the ZNA PRO drops, I have a very comforting warmth in my mind, that I will need to purchase nothing else.

I'm sure batteries will be available, and I'm using RTD as a barometer for that.

But I think I can honestly say the thing we all try to tell ourselves at one point or another: I'm all set.

DIY gear is currently trying to test that resolve, and I may partake. But that's all reasonably affordable stuff, so I'm not too worried about it.

-----
Back to my point, or rather your point @ENAUD...
I, too, feel it will get quieter here in the US of A.
I do think a lot of the quieter voices will be those who spent their time and money chasing the $35 Chinamod-special-of-the-week setups, as they come to realize much of their gear won't last them through this winter.

Much like the ants vs. the grasshopper, I'm glad I did my due diligence and spent my time and money in what I feel to be a more worthwhile fashion.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Funny you should ask. When I was writing the post I was surprised I couldn't remember who was in second place or I would have included it. You may be correct with Germany but somehow just the generic Europe is the only thing that I might be remembering.

It's awful getting old. I can remember the engine options for a 1955 Chevrolet, what GTO originally meant, and that Studebaker was the US distributor for Mercedes Benz at one time, but would have to really strain my brain to remember what I had for lunch.

Short term memory is claimed to be the first to go :lol: I can believe it these days :laugh:

DOOR-ITIS

Why Walking through a Doorway Makes You Forget

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Back to my point, or rather your point @ENAUD...
I, too, feel it will get quieter here in the US of A.
I do think a lot of the quieter voices will be those who spent their time and money chasing the $35 Chinamod-special-of-the-week setups, as they come to realize much of their gear won't last them through this winter.

Much like the ants vs. the grasshopper, I'm glad I did my due diligence and spent my time and money in what I feel to be a more worthwhile fashion.

I too have spent silly amounts of loot prepping for the Vapocalypse. I have a vape hoarding chest with sufficient items, consumables, and rebuilding materials to last a pair of my remaining life times. There has been a silver lining to this tyrannical assault upon my personage by the government I have come to despise however; Rebuilding. Prior to the F*** D*** A******* unconstitutional power grab, I had been content to make my own juice while using pre-fab'd coils for my daily vaping needs. The pillaging of my basic human freedoms; however, forced me to take up rebuilding for survival purposes if nothing else. I have actually come to enjoy the process of making a coil, checking the resistance, wicking it, making adjustments, and then relishing a handcrafted vape. The bed wetting, window licking, braying, decomposing-jackaloped jackalope.jpg ,unwashed-heathen, pig-dog, defiling, lying-effsticks, that are the spawn of O'Satan (FDA) have actually given me a new hobby in addition to my nicotine needs.:thumbs: And for that, I will not complain when they burn for three eternities in the 8th level of hell rather than the 9th level that they most certainly deserve.
:evil:

Last edited:

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
I hear ya on the FDA.... You used nicer words than I would have to describe them;)

I think Zen will pullout all the stops on launch day. You can bet we will see engraving, one of a kinds and whatever stylish magical whatnots he can put into a device. It's a shame that the FDA put a strangle hold on U.S. innovation in the vape market.... I mean Zen and Provape will still be able to make new devices but the American Vaper won't be able to purchase it....I wonder if we will see any of the top fill kabuki tanks that are rumored from awhile back?

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I mean Zen and Provape will still be able to make new devices but the American Vaper won't be able to purchase it....I wonder if we will see any of the top fill kabuki tanks that are rumored from awhile back?

That makes me wonder...

If Provape or Zen make a new shiny, and only sell it overseas, and then I order it from an overseas vendor, is that..."legal"?

They didn't sell it to me directly...and the overseas company didn't MAKE it, which means they don't have to file the FDA thing to introduce the device to the American market.

Think companies like Intaste and CDV (Cloud9) would cut us poor American saps a break on the pricing?

Sorta like a big, international middle finger to the FDA!

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
That makes me wonder...

If Provape or Zen make a new shiny, and only sell it overseas, and then I order it from an overseas vendor, is that..."legal"?

They didn't sell it to me directly...and the overseas company didn't MAKE it, which means they don't have to file the FDA thing to introduce the device to the American market.

Think companies like Intaste and CDV (Cloud9) would cut us poor American saps a break on the pricing?

Doing that would make you an importer....I do believe. You could get in trouble but I am no expert. A person from my company tried to do that with some products and the legal dept said $&@" NO!!! But it was ok to travel with said things in regular baggage... Go figure

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Doing that would make you an importer....I do believe. You could get in trouble but I am no expert. A person from my company tried to do that with some products and the legal dept said $&@" NO!!! But it was ok to travel with said things in regular baggage... Go figure

Hmmmm :scratches beard:

While I agree about the importer thing, I bet there's a limit line to cross...

Just like when the police bust someone with illegal substances, if it's over a certain amount, they call it intent to distribute.

If I order just one, I feel like they couldn't bust me.

Who knows? "They" will do anything "they" can to get money.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I don't know how your regulations work, but in Western Australia (where I am from) it is illegal to commercially sell any vape gear or juice. Some other states are allowed to commercially sell gear and juice, but nowhere in Australia is it legal to sell juice with nicotine added. It is a pain for sure... but we are allowed to import nico juice and gear for personal use.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
That makes me wonder...

Fun times ahead kids :D

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Egg Zackley!!!

I myself am pretty much done buyin stuff.

No more novelties, I want stuff that works and will keep on workin for a long time.

ProVape has fulfilled those needs.

This item may become a want, but is definitely not a need... Time Will Tell.

Jim
I'm with you there Astro turf done with gear purchases. Purchased good items to begin with and am pretty set.
But it will be interesting.
Funny how some folks appear to get so intense about Vaping and drama about it...Really LOL Almost sound like legal Defense Counsel.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Hmmmm :scratches beard:

While I agree about the importer thing, I bet there's a limit line to cross...

Just like when the police bust someone with illegal substances, if it's over a certain amount, they call it intent to distribute.

If I order just one, I feel like they couldn't bust me.

Who knows? "They" will do anything "they" can to get money.

HB, I'm no lawyer. (I'm not that warped nor that rich.) But I ordered some stuff once that customs said I could not bring into the country. Wrote me a nasty letter and asked me to agree to confiscation or I could request a hearing. I signed the letter and sent it back and that was the end of that. I did consult a friend of mine first who was a professor at the Baylor Law School. He said it was no big deal and happened all the time. Just don't try to bring in a ton of uranium, which you can buy from Amazon!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
HB, I'm no lawyer.

^^^^^^^^^
I knew there was a reason I like you!

----------

I think I'll have to talk to my lawyer friends...(No joke intended. They are lawyers, and I have friends)...

I don't think a new Provape product would be illegal to have shipped to the US, from an overseas vendor. I really feel like it's a loophole.

I know, I know...none of you would stop me from wasting my money to find out.
And on that front, I really wouldn't want to waste my money.

But if it's a loophole, man is it gonna feel really good to stretch my middle finger up at the FDA, as hard as I can!

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Since this is a Zen related thread, thought I would share a short clip Mike sent me on the engraving of my Vaporversy V1 Provari. Just goes to show how labor intensive a hand crafted mod can be.

And here is a close-up of what he was actually engraving....

fd64cdd9478ea7b3cd6eef2a19b6d4b2.jpg

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Since this is a Zen related thread, thought I would share a short clip Mike sent me on the engraving of my Vaporversy V1 Provari. Just goes to show how labor intensive a hand crafted mod.

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

That was really cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread