ZNA50 or IPV mini V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madd Hatter

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I have owned both. The ZNA50 I have is a Cloupor if that helps. Both performed well. The ZNA50 is heavy but to me the fit and finish is better than the IPV2 mini. The paint on my IPV started to wear off within days but they do sell a sleeve for it. The main con for the ZNA50 is that the 510 is not spring loaded. It is adjustable but you need a screw driver. They both chew through batteries at high wattage due to being single 18650. I sold the IPV2 mini and selling the ZNA50 because of battery life. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I don't trust ZNA's. There are clones of them everywhere with God knows what kind of chip inside of them. I had one for a few months, and the fire button started dying out almost to the point of auto firing. I have an IPV mini 30w, and even with the problems I've had with it, such as reading ohms too low - which was an issue of wire gauges being too thin and the solder points being weak - it's still a better mod than the ZNA I had.
I'm sure P4Y has corrected these issues with the IPV mini 2, as it has a different chip (the 30w has the sx130 and I believe the 70w has one of the sx330 versions). My Sigelei 50w Vr2 has one of the sx330 version chips inside and I haven't had any problems with it at all.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I can't talk about the IPV Mini, but I had a ZNA50 and it was too heavy and fire button only lasted 2 months.
I don't know the brand because but bought it from Madvapes. I have been extremely happy with the Istick 50, but in light of reported auto firing I am careful when leaving it unattended.

ZNA-50 is not a "thing." It's a clone of the real ZNA which is like $300 and uses an authentic DNA chip (but only DNA-30).

I don't think it's fair to say "ZNA's suck" when you're talking about cheap clones.

Reactions: Tom Forde

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
ZNA-50 is not a "thing." It's a clone of the real ZNA which is like $300 and uses an authentic DNA chip (but only DNA-30).

I don't think it's fair to say "ZNA's suck" when you're talking about cheap clones.
I immediately had buyers remorse after purchasing mine. Everything looked so official, yet it was not. A few days after buying it, I did some research and all I could find were mixed reviews telling me that my mod was a clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread