• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zombie Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am happy to see it in action. Its good to see a niche type company at least put a little quality into their product. Most fantasy type weapons out there are for looks and would just fall apart with just the slightest use. I like the looks of their products.
I still say there are better options for less money, but to the people who do spent this kind of money, at least it looks like the products are a good quality. I would hate to see someone spend $100+ for those fantasy swords that are built to hang and view not swing and use, and this doesnt seem to be the case with this company...nice find!

Spawn68

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Zombie Tools puts alot into there blades these are far from a wall hanger. and yes you can find something better for less but the edge on it wont last as long as the Harvesters edge also it doesnt run out of bullets :p i did notice they added a few new blade styles i wouldnt mind owning.
thanks for letting me show off the Harvester here
let me know if you pick up any nice bladed weapons always like to know whats good out there.

Here's some of the guns:

This is an older pic, The 300 is packed away for safe keeping. The 2 SKS's the 12 gauge and the 32 long are with family back down in florida:
Weatherby 300 magnum, tactical SKS, Yugoslavian SKS, Mossberg Tactical 12 gauge, Marlin 22 magnum, Springfield 45, Browning Hi-power 9mm, and some old 32 long that was my grandmothers bar gun.
someguns.jpg

These 2 are loaded in my truck for hunting tomorrow, Marlin 30-30 and a little old Mossberg .243 bolt action.
002-8.jpg

3 day pack inside the truck. Its always in the truck. My hunting pack is camo of course.
003-7.jpg

Here is my 1975 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4. It was a junker when i picked it up:
ramcharger-before006.jpg

But a little work, and some spray on bedliner inside and out and I got this now...My hunting/zombie vehicle:
001-2.jpg

and another view:
004-2.jpg

More guns:
Chinese SKS (this is the one for sale)
002.jpg

Mossberg camo 12 gauge:
003.jpg

Carbon Fiber finished, 20 gauge automatic shotgun:
004.jpg

20 gauge single shot:
005.jpg

410 over/under shotgun:
006.jpg

410 pump shotgun:
007.jpg

22 Magnum from top pic:
008.jpg

the 45 and the 9mm from top pic:
001.jpg

Compound bow:
009.jpg

crossbow:
010.jpg

Will get pics of all the blades later...

Last edited:
nice job on the dodge

Thanks...the guy who had it before me, removed the top and decided to weld on an extended cab...he didnt do a bad job, he just didnt finish the job. When I got it, it was rough! The welds were rough, it needed tons of body work to complete it...I decided that a spray on bedliner would cover a lot of the bad bodywork...heres the rest of the pics if interested: 75 ramcharger beater pictures by muttsrt - Photobucket

the company I got the spray on liner from ended up loving the job and now use it on their main page: Welcome to Liner Xtreeme

certified zombie tough...lol...blood and brains just wash out with a hose. The only downside to owning a 75 is there is no aftermarket parts for it...i am going to be adding nerf bars on the side and probably a front bumper guard. They will have to be custom made. I have a stepside roll bar that fits perfectly in the back, but kind of up in the air if I want to add it. If I do, it will be too tall for my garage. I also just bought new axles front and rear, both are posi units. They will be added in the springtime. When i do the axles, a new lift kit will have to be installed, so it wont fit in the garage anyways. We are also going to rebuild a new motor for it in the springtime as well...give it a little more umph. I am still deciding between a regular 318/360 carb motor or finding a newer fuel injected motor. I like the idea of keeping the carb on it, but fuel injection is so much easier.

Then the last item to add, is a huge in bed gas tank. That should get me out of danger once the zombies attack. Dont know if I want a custom floor type tank, or one that looks like an in bed tool box...either way, it needs to hold a bunch of fuel.

new item to add to the bag... a handful of hypo needles. Once you kill your first zombie, take the needles and draw some infected blood. This way, if you get stuck in a closet or corner where death is inevitable, just take the needle and infect yourself. This way the zombies wont eat you or eat just enough to turn you into a handicapped zombie. You dont want to be one of those half eatens that always seem to be around. I think it might be easier to infect yourself than to actually use the 45 on yourself.

More tools to consider:

A fireman's axe- has an axe head obviously but also has a pick on the other side. Perfect to kill zombies. Its also good for prying and seems like it should take the place of a crowbar- New Fire Axe/Fireman's Ax/Firefighter's/Demolition/6 l - eBay (item 400170217696 end time Jan-04-11 08:03:55 PST)

The AA-12 automatic shotgun- I am not a fan of automatic weapons as I think the user will waste ammo. BUT, if you need to go automatic, the AA-12 seems like a good choice. Leave the wimpy .223 round for the chumps out there and go 12 gauge! YouTube - AA-12. World's deadliest shotgun!

As much as I like to shoot my XD45, I also think one should consider a revolver in addition to the automatics. A revolver usually will not jam. ( i say usually because the very first handgun i ever bought was a piece of crap smith and wesson 357 magnum. Had it worked on 3 different times because it kept jamming. I will NOT own/shoot a S&W firearm) And if you are going to go revolver, maybe consider the judge? YouTube - The Judge Taurus Handgun .45 & 410

Another thing to keep in mind, and I will put it under the "tool" section. Is bait! This can be anyone you can easily overpower- kids, nerds, elderly, handicapped etc etc. Anyone that you can control easily will eventually become useful. I know I will get some flack for this, but I am 2 of those listed, handicapped and I aint getting any younger. But I doubt I will be easily controlled.

Another item/tool that will be useful, is an enemy list. Why is this useful? Because having your enemy list, can give you a moment of joy in an otherwise bleak situation. Enemy lists are as fun to create as zombie plans are. Plus, if all hell ever breaks loose, you might actually be able to do something about your enemy list. Oooops, thought you was a zombie...ooops, my bad.....Ooops my finger slipped etc etc. See, you can almost feel the tension just slipping away. And a relaxed "you" will be a better prepared "you" and better prepared "you" will equal an alive "you".

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
More tools to consider:

Another item/tool that will be useful, is an enemy list. Why is this useful? Because having your enemy list, can give you a moment of joy in an otherwise bleak situation. Enemy lists are as fun to create as zombie plans are. Plus, if all hell ever breaks loose, you might actually be able to do something about your enemy list. Oooops, thought you was a zombie...ooops, my bad.....Ooops my finger slipped etc etc. See, you can almost feel the tension just slipping away. And a relaxed "you" will be a better prepared "you" and better prepared "you" will equal an alive "you".

You mean one like this?
YouTube - Steve Buscemi

I have been talking to my friend who owns a gun shop. I have always been taught to buy good quality firearms. Firearms that wont jam or malfunction when you need it the most. Well owning a gun shop, he carries high dollar firearms as well as the lower priced guns because customers come from all financial backgrounds.

Anyways, we were shootin the breeze and the whole zombie/survival plan comes up. There were a couple of old timers in the store as well. My big question to him and to the guys in the shop, what firearms would you carry if all hell broke loose?

The answer surprised me. One of the guys there started talking about hi-point firearms. Now anyone who owns a gun has heard of hi-point, and more than likely they have been told to stay away from them. After all, its hard to believe that a $120, brand new 9mm will fire without some sort of malfunction. This guy ended up buying a hi-point 9mm during the stores summer sale a couple years ago. Thats when they sold for less than a $100 out the door.

He said the down side to the hi-point is it weighs a lot. And I did pick up a 9mm and a 45, and both were quite heavy. He said a couple good points, #1 made in the usa #2 price is right. Well I came home and searched for hi-point online to get opinions form others as well. Most who talked bad about it were people who were into high dollar guns. You know the type, the guy who has to have the $1200 Benelli shotgun because the $300 mossberg just aint good enough.

I am still a believer in a good quality handgun/rifle/shotgun, but at the same time, having 2-3 glocks or springfields or colts etc etc, just aint in the budget of some. What if someone were to buy just 1 really good quality handgun, but then stock up on a few lower end handguns? I say anything that throws lead downrange in the direction a shooter wants is good enough to kill a zombie. For the cost of 1 brand new Springfield XD-45, i could get 3-4 (depending on price/sale) hi-point 45's.

Plus during my research, i found that hi-point also makes a carbine in 3 popular handgun sizes, 9mm, 40 and 45. They are not the prettiest guns: Hi-Point Firearms: 9mm Carbines
but if they work, thats pretty much all that matters, at least in the zombie killing scenario.

Well, I didnt buy a hi-point, so dont worry about that, BUT I am going to meet up with the guy in the next week or two and we are going to go out and shoot his hi-point. I will report the results. He is telling me, we can go fire 500-600 rounds, and not have 1 problem.

So, question...has anyone here ever owned/fired a hi-point firearm? If so, whats your opinions... good and bad.

Another possibility...anyone ever seen or tried on a shark suit? what about old school chain mail? Dont know if its too heavy to actually wear, but it seems like it could keep a person from getting bitten. if you cant get bitten, you cant get infected, or at least the chances of your being infected is greatly reduced.

MuddyWaterMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Texas
Hi-Points have come a LONG way! I have owned one of the older model 9mm pistols and let it go, but it was a decent enough shooting gun. The carbine gets great reviews and they say it is a real workhorse! Only reason I plan on getting the Beretta carbine over the Hi-Point is so my magazines are interchangeable with my pistol :)
Also I think they come with a lifetime warranty now as well! Not that that would do you any good once the zombies arrive but its food to see someone stand behind a product anymore!

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
It's funny that you mentioned the hi-point 9 carbine. I've been considering a Marlin Camp 9 as a z-day accessory and it seems the hi-point carbine is getting a lot of the same reviews you mentioned. With the price of Marlins going up, it makes the hi-point seem a lot more attractive. I think either one would make for a good medium range 'Range' carbine in the old west sense. Same ammo for pistol and rifle with reliable results out to at least 100 yards. Anything past that range should fall into the 'hide and watch' category unless you are a confident of your abilities anyway! I'll do a little more research before posting up a hi-point review. That is unless you want to do one muttSRT. Since I don't have personal experience, it'll have to be a distillation of the reviews that I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread