• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zombie Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
This thread has gotten me fighting off the urge to splurge on a new addition to the gun safe. I really like my cousins xdm. Keeps looking better and better every time I see one. 19 rounds sounds nice. Kinda torn between that and a FN 5x7. Little to pricey though for a all plastic gun with ammo that's so expensive. Could get a nice new M4 of some sort for less money. THen I start daydreaming about long rifles, and start eyeballing 308 semi's. Either on an AR platform, or an FN type. Anyone got one of these?

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Things to add to the dream equipment list: Backhoe!
206.jpg

More versatile than a straight bulldozer. You can run a bucket, blade, forks (and adapt into a crane) on the front and still have the rear pto for the hoe, jackhammer, and anything else you can power with hydraulics.
Not something you can pack in a rucksack, but something to be on the lookout for in the post Z day world for moving, building, and destroying anything you can get a bucket on!

Just a quick update on the XD 45. I almost traded it off a couple weeks ago, but after I bead blasted it and applied a clear matte dura-coat finish, I fell in love all over again with the gun. Enough so that I went out and purchased a twin, so now I got twin XD 45's (I had to blast and coat the new one as well):

twins2.jpg

twins1.jpg

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I've been doing some random unrelated searches and found a process you may be interested in to change your grip color. Hydro graphics. It's an inked film that contours to whatever it comes into contact with. I'd recommend plugging or taping off the critical parts and just dipping the frame. I don't know what the longevity is without clear coating it, but it's cheaper than buying a new frame... which you just did :D Looks good though, it's growing on me like Nitrox.

I was wondering about the grips...you can see in the pic I have them set at 2 different heights trying to see what grip I like best...I was also looking at grip tape, but didnt want anything that would permanently mess up the handles. I was afraid the sticky part would stay on the handle and I didnt want to have to use a solvent to get it off.

As far as the knives, well they are pretty much for show...they were cheap enough...I am trying to get stuff together to make a video for the freq z channel...Once the holster is completed, I will probably put something together...the holster is kind of over the top as well, but its all in fun.

I figure I might try to do a weapon review of sorts and submit it to the evil one for consideration on the channel. Maybe make several vids for different weapons...hell I might even get lucky enough and act like a fool and end up being like the stars wars kid: YouTube - Star Wars Kid

But if I end up making a fool of myself, hopefully Dr evil can make me look kind of cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GJOVPjhXMY&NR=1

Last edited:
I am trying to get stuff together to make a video for the freq z channel...Once the holster is completed, I will probably put something together...the holster is kind of over the top as well, but its all in fun.

I figure I might try to do a weapon review of sorts and submit it to the evil one for consideration on the channel. Maybe make several vids for different weapons...But if I end up making a fool of myself, hopefully Dr evil can make me look kind of cool...

I will work it in GUARANTEED! Can't wait to see some footage. :)

That offer stands for anyone that wants to submit footage for Frequency-Z too. Keep it comin'!

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread