Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
jojo has difficulty vaping on a non ceramic device. It is for reasons that we have not been figured out despite me trying. The ohm is the same and the wick is the same. Juice is the even the same. So I have not found anything that could lead to answers. She still will only use one of the many Sophias that we own. In fact she refuses any other devices for these reasons. (sorry Billy as that means no Calix. Those are for me. And yes Billy you’re still her savior...over two years exclusively on the Sophia v1)

So my question to anyone who has vaped both, since this is a non ceramic set up, have you seen ANY difference where I should see a possibility that she may encounter? Of course I will be ordering a couple to try. And if you vape GVC you may have an idea even more so. She complains that the non ceramic presents a “harsher” vape. This doesn’t matter if its premade or zapped.

Thanks for any info.

I actually agree with her. I have both running with the same setup and I think the V1 is a wetter vape. I have always had my coil quite low in the ceramic cup and this wicks very well for me. The v2 feels hotter which I presume is because the air flow is different so it feels drier (if that makes sense).

They are different.

Reactions: yankeebobo

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
I actually agree with her. I have both running with the same setup and I think the V1 is a wetter vape. I have always had my coil quite low in the ceramic cup and this wicks very well for me. The v2 feels hotter which I presume is because the air flow is different so it feels drier (if that makes sense).

They are different.

Side by side with your favorite juice, is the sweetness of the juice the same? Or does this “hotter” vape alter the sweetness?

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Side by side with your favorite juice, is the sweetness of the juice the same? Or does this “hotter” vape alter the sweetness?

All my eliquid said are mints and menthols so are not very sweet to begin with. The cool mint that is in them at the moment is mixed at 70/30 PG/VG and the v2 tastes a bit more metallic (which menthol does when I vape them hot) I have turned the wattage down slightly on the v2.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
And this is how my brain fools me:

I was sure that there is a difference and that I felt it. Until I made this little blind-and-deaf test in this last hour, with earplugs plus loud music (against "hearing" the draw inside my head). I made right hand vape - left hand vape a couple of times, trying to make up my mind and then decide and checking. Then repeat. Then repeat again and again.

Result: I was sometimes right - but, at least as many times wrong. This means (for me) that there is a difference, but it is not overwhelming.

The main perceptible factor in this "blind-deaf" mode that helped me was airflow. And you know what - I am not sure any more if this peculiar softness of Sophia V1's vape is also connected to the airflow or not. Maybe the vape has more time to collect humidity, to be more saturated, within the cup? The combination ceramic cup + tighter draw is something I knew before the Sophia - Joyetech's ecab has both and if it is not a sacrilege to compare both, I would say that, irrespective of so many differences, both have this "softness".

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
All my eliquid said are mints and menthols so are not very sweet to begin with. The cool mint that is in them at the moment is mixed at 70/30 PG/VG and the v2 tastes a bit more metallic (which menthol does when I vape them hot) I have turned the wattage down slightly on the v2.
Do you happen to own a calix? Is the v2 similar vape to the calix?

Reactions: Krisma

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
and so it begins...havent gotten to the sofia yet. How do a iegt the top and bottom caps off the cage tank. They are pretty much welded on. If they are supposed to unscrew, it aint going to happen without the use of a vice...
You can use rubber gloves or if you don't have any some duct tape. This can happen because the o rings (especially the red one the seals) are new. They will settle in a short while :)

Reactions: Krisma

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
You can use rubber gloves or if you don't have any some duct tape. This can happen because the o rings (especially the red one the seals) are new. They will settle in a short while :)
Hi Billie, I knew you would be watching. I struggled, tried the gloves etc, then sort of slectively heated the cage section up a bit with some hot water, and a lot of twisting and swearing and they are off! I'll work them a bit to wear them in. Sure it will be fine. I think the (wonderful) polishing work added to the problem

Thanks as always!
steve

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu

Awesome review as always Q ! I would like to add that the v1 upper bodies will thread but they won't work properly. We had less space on the v1 due to the ceramic cup, so the threads were shallower. Which will make the v1 upper boddies wiggle a lot on the v2 base. Also, because the threads in the v1 upper bodies start a lot higher, after a few turns it will pop out of the base.
Also, the Cage you have is the v2, if you can add a caption, only because we have the v1 on the combination and people might get confused. Epic work and very instructive! :D

Reactions: qorax

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

Brilliant! And I 'm too much of a klutz to even get the top cap off...lol! Armed with Billie's and your tutorials I feel ready to attempt a coil 'n wick but will have to wait until tomorrow! Looks like a breeze but you guys always make it look easy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread