İStick Pico + Aspire Nautilus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The only coils you can get for that (to my knowledge) are the ceramic triton MINI coils, but their resistance is fairly low and they may be hard to find. Also, the resistance of coils doesn't matter AS much in TC mode, so it still may be workable.

Otherwise, no, it's wattage only. Unless you have the skill to rebuild coils inside the Nautilus coil, and replace them with stainless steel wire .I do NOT have that skill, but if you think you might, you can check out some youtube demos. I did and was like, "Yeah, not THAT." LOL, my husband might be able to do it in the vapocalypse bunker, so I downloaded a few tutorials and keep my spent coil heads.

I feel a bit of a "hoarder" over it, but, well, at least they are small COILS. LOL.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: TheBuzzKill

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I bought Nautilus on an impulse. But I realized I am not an MTL person. Maybe I'll get used to it. Also, I get a gurgling sound from the atomizer is that normal?
I would recommend a Kanger Toptank or Sub Tank Mini, great versatile af, good selection of coils (tc and power modes). Some are also liking the Vaporesso NRG. I used the Kanger STM until I moved to rtas and loved it. The NRG are getting good remarks from some experienced posters I trust.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I bought Nautilus on an impulse. But I realized I am not an MTL person. Maybe I'll get used to it. Also, I get a gurgling sound from the atomizer is that normal?
Forgot about the gurgling. Coud be a couple of things, hopefully just a flooded coil/well...wrap a paper towel loosely around the airflow ring and blow through the drip tip to purge the coil and well. DO NOT hit the fire button while doing this. If that doesn't work come back and tell us what coil resistance, watts, and pg/vg ratio your juice is.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

TheBuzzKill

Jun 9, 2018
Istanbul
Forgot about the gurgling. Coud be a couple of things, hopefully just a flooded coil/well...wrap a paper towel loosely around the airflow ring and blow through the drip tip to purge the coil and well. DO NOT hit the fire button while doing this. If that doesn't work come back and tell us what coil resistance, watts, and pg/vg ratio your juice is.

Thanks for your reply. Well, I got sleepy and stop fiddling with it. In the morning the tank was empty and all the juice had been leaked. Coil resistance is 0.7 ohms, I use it at 18 Watts and pg:80% vg:20% according to the supplier. I will search this forum and see if anybody had the same issue.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I had exactly that issue with one of my N2s, which I'd dropped a couple of weeks beforehand.

It worked for a while, but ended up leaking badly. I tried replacing (adding?) an o-ring, which settled things for a bit, but I didn't do a great job and the leaking resumed. I've since written it off, but my other N2 is working well after a year of use.

Suggestions for refilling:
- Remove the top-cap
- Close the airflow
- Fill, then slowly replace the top-cap. (Many people advise not filling much past the halfway mark, but you can go a bit further if you're careful).
- When the top-cap starts to tighten, hold the tank upside down for the last turn or two.
- Open the airflow.

There are variations, but it works for me. I typically use thinner, high PG liquid, but 50/50 works too.

If the tank's recovering from a leak, remove the coil and wipe out the base with q-tips or tissue. Reinstall the coil tightly.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say either a coil not seated, or an 0-ring not seated. Disassembling and reassembling your tank (and even washing it) well it's surprising how often that will fix a leak. Quite often it is one of the two scenarios, and a teardown can help with either.

How are you liking the vape now that it's not leaking?

Anna

TheBuzzKill

Jun 9, 2018
Istanbul
I'd say either a coil not seated, or an 0-ring not seated. Disassembling and reassembling your tank (and even washing it) well it's surprising how often that will fix a leak. Quite often it is one of the two scenarios, and a teardown can help with either.

How are you liking the vape now that it's not leaking?

Anna
Don't like it at all. Compared to the Melo III with . 3 ohm coil, this gives a very strong flavor, it even feels like I am tasting the juice directly. Also, It appears MTL is not for me.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I'm glad you found out, with little outlay. There are better MTL tanks than the N2, although I will always love it for being my quitting tank, but to me it sounds like you just don't like MTL, I found out early on that I didn't like DL, even slightly. LOL.

It's great that there are so many ways to vape, etc. :)

Anna

TheBuzzKill

Jun 9, 2018
Istanbul
I did the oposite. Bought Melo 4 with iStick Pico and found out I'm not a MTLer :) But I was very very happy with how Melo4 performs. If you're in Europe, we can make a switch. Nautilus 2 is my favorite (until I discovered RTAs).

I am in Turkey :(. Sort of Europe, sort of not Europe :). I wish I could make that switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread