The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

‘My Man’ One Hit Wonder – What color should it be?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Baddog, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Baddog

Baddog Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Canada
    My Man 3.jpg I just received my first bottle of ‘My Man’ e-juice and it appears to be quite ‘dark’ color. Is this outdated product or should it look this color? From the pictures I can see online 'My Man' is quite a ‘light’ color?

2. unfadeable

unfadeable Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Looks like its been steeped for a while. I ordered 2 bottles so far and they were way way lighter than that. I always finish a bottle within 2 months so I dont know if they get that dark when they age.

3. unfadeable

unfadeable Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Just taste it if it tastes good than vape on. If not then i would return it.

4. Baddog

Dec 29, 2009
    Canada
    I tasted it and am 'not' impressed, but not having tasted it before I don't know what to compare it too but it just tastes 'old' to me. It is 6mg if that makes a difference.
    Thanks All.

5. R2sojr

R2sojr Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2015
    Natrona Heights PA
    I've had the 3mg and it's not near as dark. Couldn't imagine the 6 would be like that. Wouldn't put that anywhere near my coils. I'd return it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baddog

Dec 29, 2009
    Canada
    Yes it gunks up the coils very quickly, flavor is greatly muted and what flavor remains tastes well, 'old'. I received this from a Canadian company (Canvape) who refused to allow me to return it. The said: "E-juice is good for 1-2 years if you don't liked steeped juice there is nothing i can do as the standard in the vaping community is a year or more for the shelf life of e-juice"
    I found this quite appalling and let them know!

Thanks R2sojr

7. BreSha6869

BreSha6869 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    Usually they are good to deal with. Call Oshawa and ask for a manager. The pic is terrible, but that juice looks way to dark IMO. It should be returned and tested so nobody gets sick.

8. Baddog

Dec 29, 2009
    Canada
    Oshawa? Canvape does not even have a telephone number on their website that I could find. My quote comes from Canvape 'email' support? Not sure what support in Oshawa you are directing me to BreSha6869?
    Thanks!

9. Maiar

Maiar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

That's the exact shade mine and all the ones in the shop are. It's fine. It's supposed to be really dark. With OHW the darker the better honestly. Means it's steeped a bit.

10. Baddog

Dec 29, 2009
    Canada
    I appreciate your comments Maiar. I've been vaping for quite some time and imo its the additives deteriorating in the e-juice that cause it to take on this color, it is not the nicotine. NET's stay good for ages but flavor concentrates, sweeteners and other additives in e-liquids deteriorate quickly and cause the color to darken and greatly affect the flavor profile. This liquid as stated not only looks old but tastes old as well. It is normal for e-liquids that contain these additives to deteriorate. I have many e-liquids that tasted wonderful when new but when they start to darken flavor is affected and they soon taste horrible as this liquid tastes. I just think it's sad, I paid $95.99 after taxes and shipping to receive a 3 month old product which I think is unacceptable for this or any price. If it was an NET it would be a different story.
    Thanks Maiar.

11. BreSha6869

BreSha6869 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry, wrong company. I had a brainfart and was thinking Canada eJuice. Canvape is in Toronto. I would call their Spadina store to start. (647) 785-7376. Only # for them I have. Not the best customer service I have ever experienced to say the least, but worth a shot. Maybe they can get you in touch with the right customer service person.

12. Baddog

Dec 29, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks BreSha6869.
    Appreciated!

13. Baddog

Dec 29, 2009
    Canada
    Just an update on this thread ... I received a fresh bottle of 'My Man' from my supplier (Canvape) so kudos to them and thanks to all that replied.
    Much appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.