Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It's nice to see a positive article.

It's sad to see the first two comments here attacking how the young man in the photo chooses to vape.

It's even sadder to read a vendor say things like "we welcome the regulation" or “That’s the main goal across the entire industry — is weaning people off while keeping the hobby.”

Proposed regulations in their current form would wipe out the industry, including this guy, even if he uses the "cleanest" ingredients. Also, many vapers have no intention of lowering their nicotine intake, because nicotine is not the problem.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I read a lot of ecig news stories. Most are shameless lying, mostly I think because journalism is a fading business so they pander more. There's also plenty of honest confusion, writers trying to wrap their arms around what's happening. What's happening is a gigantic global business, tobacco, is on the brink of being washed away. That's going to be disruptive.

I'm vaping some DIY, 50/50 VG PG, 12 mg nic with 1% flavor. The cost is 1.2 cents per ml. For me that translates to $30 per YEAR to replace something that used to cost me $3,000 a year. THAT, my fellow Americans, is disruptive.

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
It's nice to see a positive article.

It's sad to see the first two comments here attacking how the young man in the photo chooses to vape.

It's even sadder to read a vendor say things like "we welcome the regulation" or “That’s the main goal across the entire industry — is weaning people off while keeping the hobby.”

Proposed regulations in their current form would wipe out the industry, including this guy, even if he uses the "cleanest" ingredients. Also, many vapers have no intention of lowering their nicotine intake, because nicotine is not the problem.
Oh, you got me wrong dear sir. I am not attacking anyone, i dont care what are someones preferences, im just stating the truth here. I like all vape styles but i keep my self mostly on tootle puffing because wheen i chuck clouds out on the street, about 80% of people walking my direction will have that "what an a***ole" look in their eyes, while if i vape like used to smoke noone is not even looking at me. Next thing, what i said about vaping is the fact, its not opinion. I assume you are an "older vaper", and you have quite some experience behind you. If you are, than you must remember what were the beginnings and what was the vape production out of those devices. And yet they were playing very same role like all those new and fancy rda's that are chucking clouds. They were helping a smoker to quit a bad an poisonus habbit. In a civilised and non intrusive manner. And that is a difference... Thr worst part is, if we keep going in the direction everyithing is going, we will end up in worse position than cigarette smokers, and the way things are looking, were on that route sitting in supersonic airplane...

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Heybilox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread